Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meluvmeig

HELP! IN NEED OF RELIEF 4 RED, RAW, LESIONS FROM TM OVERDONE

Hello All,

Just realized that I posted this in the incorrect forum... hope I am in the right place now.

I am new to this forum and I am certain that I did not do all of my research on the tape method… and overdone it. To give you a quick rundown, about a week ago, I used the Pure Deming Intense Gel, which was followed by their Glycolic peel, FANTASTIC products! Of course, after the Glycolic peel, I had some flakiness that I wanted to remove. I searched the internet and came across Acne.org and learned of the tape method. I applied the recommended tape and I assume I over did it and now have two large areas about the size of a quarter, one under my eye where the cheek begins, one about an inch away from my mouth, and a small area on the middle of my other cheek. This areas are severely red, raw, oozing, and painful. The areas happen to be where my deepest acne scars (which I have learned are Rolling Scars.) are. I am in severe pain and my appearance is dreadful, and I do not want to go out in public to purchase a topical pain reliever, redness reducer. If anyone has a fast fix for the pain and redness that I could whip up at home it would be greatly appreciated. I currently slapped on Noxzema for the cooling effect, but I truly need something more effective and quick.

Thanks for the info on the Noxzema Snake, its has been removed.

meluvmeig :-#

Try applying some honey to it, leave it for an hour

Then use just egg white and put it on in layers - let that scab over and protect your new wound

Do the above several times that day

After that .. apply as much moisteriser to it - emu oil, olive oil, etc.. or start applying the puredeeming stuff continually.

Thanks Maya,

Honey I have, eggs I do not eat them. So on the Pure Deming... I should continue the Intense gel... and the Glycolic peel? I tell you... I am in so much pain. Kinda makes my whole body sore, similar to when you have a tooth ache. The areas are now becoming very itchy. Do you think I should apply some cortizone cream after I remove the honey, and then later apply the Intense Gel. Anything you can give me the heads up on that will take away the bloody red color. If not I guess I will great the trick a treater as the lady with road burn on her face. LOL! I took some pics was going to post them, under DON'T OVERDUE THE TAPE METHOD!

Lisa

Just go for the honey and apply it thickly - and alternate between the Intense gel ... Don't do a glycolic peel on open wounds!!!!

Don't worry too much - it will scab over in a couple of days -don't pick.. it will heal. I've burned myself badly using glycolic b4, and scabs were off after 5 days and all went back to normal a week aftre that.

I'm not really familiar with Cortisone cream.

I would say forget the honey --sounds too sticky to me biggrin.gif.

I would say get the courage and go out and buy Neosporin. If been using this on truoble spots (i.e. scabs) and it seems to speed up the healing process about 2 times, and prevents scarring.

Or have someone pick it of for you.. It's really good stuff.

I wanted to say neosporin as I've heard it's a really good healer - but I was trying to work out what mel might have in the house.

Guest Scorpioness

From Chicago... LOL!

I know she doesn't have this laying around her house, yet I thought I would also 'butt in' and mention the manuka honey gel... it's great for healing irritations. When I do the saline injections, I put the manuka honey gel on and by the next morning, the needle marks are gone. When I used neosporin on the needle marks, they took 3-4 days to heal....

The manuka honey gel is really handy to have around the house. It works on eczema, scrapes, burns, sores, acne, dry skin. I will not be without this stuff.

Scorpion ... do you mean the manuka UMF18????????? I would not survive with this stuff now - I have bought several tubes and given them to friends too! It is way better than standard antibiotic ointments coz I don't like the vaseline content ..

I have been using this manuka gel (Comvita brand) after doing TCA corss method and it brought down the swelling within 1 hour - also, it seems to really help with drying up any spots.

Guest Scorpioness

Maya... Hmmmmmm......

Sounds great... I am going to look it up... I have been using the manuka honey gel from allnaturalcosmetics.com

Didn't you used to use that particular brand? And you are saying the Comvita brand is more potent?

Scorpion...

Yes, I use the same gel as you (daily as a moisteriser) but....... for HEALING of cuts, burns etc... this is the one to use: http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/bod...anukacare18.asp

It's the absolute best for antibacterial healing after any form of procedure - it's VERY sticky mind, but not only has it sealed wounds up quicker than anything else, it also helps stop the wound from becoming too red. Also, on a cyst, it kills it quickly!

Maya, I checked out the link for the Comvita brand manuka honey gel UMF 18 that you recommend, for I wanted to purchase it. The shipping is quite costly to be sent to the US. If you or anyone reading this post knows where to purchase online in the US, please let me know.

By the way... I used the regular honey and the next couple of days I used the neosporin and healed up in a few days.

Oh Maya, when is it safe to use the tape method again? I promise I will not overdue it this time. Thanks for all your help. Lisa

mel - so glad you healed quickly biggrin.gif Sorry, I don't know where else you can get that gel - but there will be local health stores selling Manuka Honey at didferent UMF strenghts - the higher the more antibacterial. 18 is the highest I think - but if you can get one that is 10UMF, that's still very good (and you could eat it too!)

I would leave it 3-4 weeks b4 doing the tape method in the areas that have healed - it may still be sore underneath.

Guest Scorpioness

Maya....

A health store nearby me sells makuka honey, I will look into the strengths sold there. As far as using the manuka honey gel as a moisterizer, I find that the only downfall is that it doesn't go well underneath my mineral makeup (which I know you wear as well). If I add a drop of jojoba oil on top of the manuka honey gel, the mineral makeup adheres better... the only problem is the jojoba oil doesn't look that great under the makeup either.

I was shocked one day though when trying Kinerase under my mineral makeup. My makeup adhered so well, looked matte for hours, looked smooth on... I don't know why the Kinerase made my pores look so much less noticeable under the makeup, but I loved it. It's very expensive though, and the Kinerase I tried was from a sample I received from skincarerx.com when I ordered my mandelic acid. For three days of using it, my makeup looked better than ever and I have yet to find another moisterizer that is so compatible with the minerals. Also... after washing my face it felt soooo smooth.... Now all the products I want to buy that I haven't bought yet are:

1) manuka UMF18

2) Amino Plex Spray

3) Kinerase

4)50% TCA for cross treatment

I am already using

1) Copper Peptides and Super CP

2) Pure Deming Intense Gel (both C and No C versions)

3) mandelic acid serum

4) 30% glycolic peel from PureDeming

5) manuka honey gel

6) Retin A Micro

7) lactic peels

8) salycylic acid peels

9) apple cider vinegar

10) jojoba oil

11) olive soap from PureDeming

12) emu oil (on occasion)

I am also doing saline injections on occasion.

I am probably forgeting a thing or two.... But dayyyyuuuummmmm, do I really need anymore products??? :-s

MEL... I am glad you are healing up!! I've made matters worse by getting overzealous with acids, tape and the like in the past.... but we live and learn!! Smile...

Scorpion - you sound like me with that list!!

I didn't get the free sample of kinerase sad.gif - must ask them for one.

I also now want 2 and 3 on your wish list!!

I only wear the powder form of mineral makeup and I don't use too much and the manuka gel seems ok underneath - but everyhthing can be improved I guess!

Guest Scorpioness

I use the mineral powder too Maya.... but I use a lot... I have a lot to cover up! I started with the Jane Iredale, but it was too shiny and the colors were too pink for me. Now I use Youngblood in Pearl which is more yellow and matte... and I've been ordering samples of Aromaleigh (and I love them)! I am a makeup freak in addition to everything else... and I'm using the mineral blushes and eyeshadows now also... they are wonderful and can create some cool looks. :-)

Let me know how you like the Kinerase after you get the sample. :-)

Scorpion.. I don't use the loose powder, but the compact powder which is not shiny - I want to use amoraleigh but they won't deliver to the UK.

I don't use too much makeup though - just the Jane Iredale powder and blusher and some mascarra.. and if I'm being daring - may go for some lip gloss he he.. I have that type of face that if I use too much makeup, I end up looking like a china doll or a peacock!

I looked at the info on Kinerase - sounds very good - if it works similar to retin-a, do you think it does improve collagen too?

I received some samples of retin-a-micro (I did a swap with another poster for some super copper peptides) so will try that out first. Right now, I need to boost collagen from my TCA Cross method.

Guest Scorpioness
Scorpion.. I don't use the loose powder, but the compact powder which is not shiny - I want to use amoraleigh but they won't deliver to the UK.

I don't use too much makeup though - just the Jane Iredale powder and blusher and some mascarra.. and if I'm being daring - may go for some lip gloss he he.. I have that type of face that if I use too much makeup, I end up looking like a china doll or a peacock!

I looked at the info on Kinerase - sounds very good - if it works similar to retin-a, do you think it does improve collagen too?

I received some samples of retin-a-micro (I did a swap with another poster for some super copper peptides) so will try that out first. Right now, I need to boost collagen from my TCA Cross method.

Oh - you really are a vixen he he... I am soooooo tempted!!! But I really must give all my other products a go first - but it's on my wish list now. #-o

Guest Scorpioness

Next time you order from skincarerx... remember to ask for a sample! :-) I know what you mean about the temptation for all these products... lol... My skin care is a hobby I never wanted to have. [-(

I noticed you do saline injections now and again - how effective do you think this is? My b/fs mums friend (get it?) has just become a diabetic - so my b/f will be able to get hold of a couple of syringes for me. Can I re-use the same one? And exactly where do you inject?

I have a couple of little tubes of docs saline already.

Guest Scorpioness

Hey Maya...

Please don't use the same syringe for more than one treatment. The syringes are sterile in the plastic sealed pouch they come in. I tried to used one syringe over again a day later to try a few more scars when I first started this procedure, and I got infected. This was after carefully cleaning the needle with rubbing alcohol. The needles are meant for a one time use. When you inject, come from the side edge of the scar, and gently 'tap' the needle in at an angle.... as if you were doing a subsision. Come up under the scar... until you hear or feel the 'pop' of the needle penetrating the epidermis. You then want to inflate the scar from it's center... underneath the scar, until it swells up. Try to get it to come up above skin level. If the scar is big it may have to be injected from more than one angle.

Once you get the hang of this, it is not hard. The first few times though it is more difficult... and even to this day, I have to inject about three at a time and take a 10 minute break do I don't pass out. Its been about three weeks since my last injection... I'll be up for another round in a day or two... right now my skin is too fresh from a salycilic acid peel I did two days ago.

I think that the saline injections are pretty effective, depending on the scar... some scars are more stubborn. What was once my deepest scar... about a dime size hole in my face... is now at skin level. You can see the edges of the scar, and the skin that the scar consists of is a little more uneven than the surrounding skin. But under maskeup now, it is only seen under bad lighting and is no longer as obvious as certain other scars and this was my oldest worst scar. It took about 10 injections before getting it to this level of improvement, which is close to 80-90%.

Thanks for that info Scorpio - don't know when I'll fit in doing this - but I've read abou saline injections for so long - on the healthboards and on absolute - I would like to try it out sometime.... and I have had so many needles stuck in my face b4, I'm no longer squeemish.