Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on several things for months by my dermatologist. I went today and hes going to keep me on Minocycline and put me on Tazorac.

If this does not stop the oil on my face Im going on accutane she said. My face is pretty clear (from using the dip regimine with epsom salt) but the oil will not stop, I have to blot it off every hour and its covered and really shiny after one hour.

Does Tazorac help with the oil? PLEASE, the oil is killing me, not the acne!!!!!

ive been using tazorac for awhile

my skin used to be realllly oily

but now its subsided a lot. and i hadn't made that connection that its been since using taz. so i think so.

good luck. usually ur face will be dry w/ taz. make sure to moisturize well. and exfoliate at least once a week. gentle.. natural. try kiss my face products or queene helene. .. also. jojoba oil helps w/ the flakies youmight get at first when starting this.

hmm...tazorac will definately get rid of the oil...

didnt work well for me...made my face red, dry, sensitve...ugh it was horrible

Guest Molly Jean

I have been on several things for months by my dermatologist. I went today and hes going to keep me on Minocycline and put me on Tazorac.

If this does not stop the oil on my face Im going on accutane she said. My face is pretty clear (from using the dip regimine with epsom salt) but the oil will not stop, I have to blot it off every hour and its covered and really shiny after one hour.

Does Tazorac help with the oil? PLEASE, the oil is killing me, not the acne!!!!!

I dont think it helps with oil. Im using minocycline and tazorac to. Ive been on them for about two weeks and this is the second go around. I was on them ten months ago, it cleared up my acne completely and then during my last period I broke out on my chin area. I find tazorac makes my face dry and oily simultaneously.

i was on tazorac last year and i did'nt like it. It made my face red, peeled, and it makes your face feel more way more oily.

Guest Molly Jean
I am happy to say that after putting up with this medicine for three and a half weeks the tazorac is finally starting to work! I am seeing the drying up and peeling up of my cystic acne on my chin and jawline :)