Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meluvmeig

HELP! I NEED FAST RELIEF FROM TAPE METHOD USED! HOME REMEDY?

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I am certain that I did not do all of my research on the tape method… and overdone it. To give you a quick rundown, about a week ago, I used the Pure Deming Intense Gel, which was followed by their Glycolic peel, FANTASTIC products! Of course, after the Glycolic peel, I had some flakiness that I wanted to remove. I searched the internet and came across Acne.org and learned of the tape method. I applied the recommended tape and I assume I over did it and now have two large areas about the size of a quarter, one under my eye where the cheek begins, one about an inch away from my mouth, and a small area on the middle of my other cheek. This areas are severely red, raw, oozing, and painful. The areas happen to be where my deepest acne scars (which I have learned are Rolling Scars.) are. I am in severe pain and my appearance is dreadful, and I do not want to go out in public to purchase a topical pain reliever, redness reducer. If anyone has a fast fix for the pain and redness that I could whip up at home it would be greatly appreciated. I currently slapped on Noxzema for the cooling effect, but I truly need something more effective and quick.

Thanks,

meluvmeig :-#

Noxema for your face right now is a no-no. While it may feel temporarily better, the ingredients that cause your face to tingle may aggrevate your skin more. I think your best bet would be aloe vera. If you do have someone go out and get some for you, make sure it's pure aloe vera and doesn't have alcohol or artificial ingredients. You can get it at health food/vitamin stores, or better yet if you have a aloe vera plant, you can just break off a leaf and use the juice from the source. Hope this helps!

-Snake

Thanks Snake,

I got your reply and have removed the Noxzema! The only aloe vera I have here is the sunburn type. And if what I read on the internet... it is not the one to use. Do you think ice would help with relieving the burning sensation, for I do not have anyone that could go out and pick me up some real aloe vera, I am way out in the country... and a little ashamed to even let my friends see me. Sounds pathetic, but it is true. I also have some witch hazel that I have never even used, it says it relieve pain and helps with any infection that may set in.

I would read the entire thread on tape method in the scar forum. (Okay, I know it is long). I know a lot of people have went overboard on their first try. It's just so satisfying to see all that dead skin off your face and on the tape biggrin.gif I have read many many post where people said "Help, I went overboard with the tape method." You should be able to find many answers if you do a search. I too, have succumbed to over doing it and I used neosporin and just left it alone. Let it heal. It seems I am always in a hurry to fix things and expect them to immediately go away and I overload on products. My advice is to put neosporin on it, let it breath and don't mess with it too much. Aloe vera is good too, but I think the one for sunburns might clog your pores, I would get a gel or a aloe vera plant, if you choose to go that route.

The aloe vera for the suburn is fine-- it is really all the same. Just as long as it doesn't have alcohol. Also, if it is oozing as you said, you may want to apply some neosporin or other similar antibiotic ointment. That can help.

This areas are severely red, raw, oozing, and painful. The areas happen to be where my deepest acne scars (which I have learned are Rolling Scars.) are. I am in severe pain and my appearance is dreadful, and I do not want to go out in public to purchase a topical pain reliever, redness reducer. If anyone has a fast fix for the pain and redness that I could whip up at home it would be greatly appreciated. I currently slapped on Noxzema for the cooling effect, but I truly need something more effective and quick.