Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Never liked the idea of laser treatment, but it may be the only solution I have left for a scar on my nose, that peelings nor time has erased. I'm thinking to have my whole nose retouched due to a couple of glitches on it. And mabe even one icepick scar on my cheek, that gets better, but doesn't fully heal. I don't want to laser my whole face, just that one area (nose) and maybe the icepick scar (cheek). The doc' who'll be doing it specializes in laser treatment. Again, I'm only considering it - that's it.

Thoughts? Guidance? Personal experience?

i would recomend searching the scar treatment forum for co2 laser... i read nothing but horrible things about it... just to let you know, the downtime is the worst of any laser....well go do your research cause no one will do it for you... good luck and hope that helps.

Thanks. I've done the research. Just wanted opinions I can interact with. TCA Cross is something I'm very interested in, due to the fact that I'm accustom to peels. I was debating between that and the laser method.

From personal experience,

Co2 Laser is painfull for almost 1 week (burning sensation)

The redness lasted almost 1 year and a half for me (yeah it's long...i recommend you find some good make-up for your face tint before going on a co2 surgery.)

Cost me about 500$

I had it on icepick and a raised scar (not full face...i saw some people who had co2 laser full face traitement and what a pain it must've been for them.)

It helped both scar (maybe 50% - made my icepick more shallow and it reduced the apparence of my raised scar) but there is still a year where i always looked at myself in the mirror to know if it really helped...you can only tell if you have a great result after the redness is really gone and your skin texture's back to normal.

Even if it would help my scar to go a second time for this operation i wouldn't go because the recovery time is very long and i don't feel like i would like to experience having 2 burning spot on my face ever again.

I wish you the best

I'm italian too and our skin tone is one of the worst types for pigmentation issues. Don't get CO2 because of the long recovery time and risk of pigment changes. The final result may not be apparent for a very long time (6 months or more) after the procedure. You might even have to get additional scar treatments if you scar or have pigment changes because of the laser.

It is far better to use tazorac 0.1% gel daily on the scars to plump them up over time. You could also use glycolic acid preparations daily. Wearing sunscreen will protect the skin while it's remodeling. Also consider non-invasive chemical peels, microdermabrasions, non-invasive lasers (smoothbeam, fraxel), collagen injections.

For the nose scarring you could get Radiesse injected. That is the best thing for nose scars according to many dermatologic surgeons.

It is far better to stick with non-invasive treatments for scars b/c they work over time and you are guaranteed to see the scar fade to a cosmetically acceptable state within a year. You risk losing much more time if you have to wait 6-12 months for the CO2 laser scars to heal.

i had a co2 laser resurfacing about 3 years ago.didnt do a whole lot for my face.it was full face.it wasnt that big of a deal.i went back to the same surgeon and he suggested to get another one...well i might but not for a couple of years.

did it about 4 years ago.I made my scars look worster than before.I´am from germany.

You can´t laser only a few spots.I got hyperpigmentation too and had redness about 1 year.Don´t do it

I wouldn't risk hypo pigmentation....imagine having those two areas only 50% improved scar wise but white. Would look awful, hypopigmentation scares me so much because I have many body macules which are white and they look much worse than normal scarring.

Yea, I think there are better options than CO2, especially if you are Italian. While you may be light skinned, you still have those olive undertones which don't do well with this type of laser. If you have Fraxel in your area, you may want to check into that. I saw a girl last week whose face looked waxy like and a bit wavy, she had CO2 formerly and also had a large burn like scar. I am not sure if it was from the CO2 laser and I didn't want to be rude and ask but I wouldn't do it. Go the less invasive route first. I know it may seem like alot of money but Fraxel seems to be the best technology out there currently for scar reduction from what I've been reading or at least the best with the least risks.