Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

This Site makes me Depressed

I know this post doesnt go here in the lounge but i wasnt sure where it should be placed, so mods, feel free to move it whereever you see fit...

I just checked out these boards for the first time and i must say reading some of these horror stories has seriously depressed me for the night.

I suffer from acne, its not severe compared to alot of yours but its not exactly something to be taken as a grain of salt either. I think im a fairly attractive person but acne can just bring you down into the abyss.

I mean, you can be wearing the finest clothing, have your hair perfect, but if your face is messed everything else is negligible. Heres some pics to show you what i look like, they are quite sh1tty because i took them with a cam phone so you cant get a REAL good look at my face. but i have scarring on my right cheek and it blows balls. For the most part its not SO bad but it still reduces my confidence GREATLY.

Im using retin a micro, proactiv, and doxy.

What pisses me off is that acne is even in existance. Its just one of those things that shouldnt be in the world. It has no use and just causes pain and suffering. This is my first post and is basically just a collection of thoughts that are popping, no pun intended #-o into my brain as i type this.

Btw heres the pics for you guys to get an idea of what i look like. To all you acne sufferers, hang in there. Sometimes life blows so much balls you cant take anymore but theres always light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.metavirus.net/photos/julian1.jpg

http://www.metavirus.net/photos/julian2.jpg

Well Julian,

I am sure I can speak for most of the regulars here and say...we really hope this site doesn't make you depressed...acne.org is here a) as a place of support and B) so Dan can convert you into a bp worshipper biggrin.gif .

You are right there are a few scarey stories about. But there is a whole shitload of knowledge in this site and the people who visit it. And now that you've turned up...you can tap into it. So today you are better off than you were yesterday. You just don't realise it yet.

Take care.

Frances

Just to second frances's usual impeccable wisdom: I have never seen so much useful advice on acne gathered in one place. It may take a little while, but you will find the thing that's going to work for you here.

Oh and BTW you can't see much in the photos you posted, but from what I could see you look like a very attractive young man. biggrin.gif

lol, is that the stupid pick-up artist thing that Ubah was going on about a few months ago?? You guys crack me up - "I am going to devote my life to picking up random women and fucking them, but never developing any kind of real connection, and I will use as many acronyms as possible so people won't know what I'm talking about and are therefore less likely to mock me." =;

Fair enough, maybe that site has been misrepresented by people who talk about it here, but it does seem pretty frigging hilarious from the way that people write about it. Not having trouble picking up women myself, I have not taken the time to peruse their handy hints and strategies.

And regarding hounding you Piso, that is true. And given that I rarely hound people on this site (or in real life for that matter) you may feel free to ask yourself why.

Hint: Other people I have hounded include Caleeb and UbahOne. Look for the similarities.

Krag, i think Caleebs left the site, uve been away so ill fill u in smile.gif

he had a big bust up with 50 over nothing really, and acted a total cock, so every1 kinda went mental at him and now, well, hes gone.

Krag, i think Caleebs left the site, uve been away so ill fill u in smile.gif  

he had a big bust up with 50 over nothing really, and acted a total cock, so every1 kinda went mental at him and now, well, hes gone.

Oooh, that was trippy. I posted in the lounge but ended up in here! Told ya this place was strange!!

(I know, I know, one of the mods moved the thread 'cause it belonged in here)

Well thanks then, 'cause it was kind of a downer topic. biggrin.gif

Guest Lylat uk

If theres one place i can come to feel better about myself its here. untill i saw dis site i suffered with depression due to acne. I started reading and realised there are a lot of ppl worse of than me. Also that if u want to have a say in how good your skin can be then u have to do something about, its like everything else in life if u want it done u have to do it yourself. I have learnt more about acne on this site then anywhere else. There r a lot so called skin experts who tell a lot of stuff dat doesnt work i think dats because 95% of them have never had acne. Because everyone on here suffers or have suffered from acne they have first hand experience, dats y this site is so great, we are the experts for lack of a better term.

Nicky

Not to be mean, but sometimes it just feels good to say "Whew! At least I'm not that bad!".

Guest fatman_uk

LOL @ Don Juan forum user, lololol.

-Gaz

Why? Because I am pragmatic, highly intelligent, well-spoken, free of acne, and otherwise just fucking brilliant?

So do you have acne or not Piso?

P.S. I am glad I don't know you in real life (I am sure the feeling is mutual) although it's always fun to spar online. We should probably take it out of this thread though, poor kid wanted advice not a random argument. :?

>>>you are probably going to flame me, and it wont be hard: a grown up super intelligent guy who is well spoken and has english as mother languege should have no problem flaming an 18 year old kid who isnt even intelligent enough to speak good english.

I'm not here to flame people. I am here to get rid of my acne, and then help people get rid of theirs, in that order. Your English is rather good, but then again every Dutchman's is. biggrin.gif