Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lily48

Going for subcision

Appointment for subcision in November and I am petrified. I could live with the scars as it is if only I stop getting breakouts. My skin was good when the Dermatologist suggested subcision but since I have stopped taking the antibiotics, the acne has flared up again and she put me back on them. I am a bit anxious whether I should go ahead with the subcision whilst still having active spots on my chin. I would appreciate any adivce from members who have had it done and whether they do recommend it. I am in the UK, it is also possible I will decide against it since I still get active spots. I have just turned 30, and it has been a long journey with acne and wonder when it will end. Thanks

I just had a few subcisions done around my chin two days ago. I'm very bruised. I'm applying a product called K-Derm cream thats suppose to help with the bruising. It has Vit. K, I read a study that showed Vit. K helping reduce bruising. Also, It was interesting which scars Dr Sire (Fullerton, CA) picked to do the subcision on. They were rolling and were scars that pretty much disappeared when I stretched the skin. He said he could feel the attachment under the skin when he touched the scar. There was a slight popping sound. I'll post my results as I see them.

Arnica Montana cream from the health food store helped my swelling and bruising considerably when I had subscisions done. I applied it three times a day for the first 4 or 5 days.

Dan

Yes!!! Go for it!!! At the same time ask about laser treatments to control your acne flare ups.

I also have n-lite regularly and it is doing nothing to my acne.

I just had a few subcisions done around my chin two days ago. I'm very bruised. I'm applying a product called K-Derm cream thats suppose to help with the bruising. It has Vit. K, I read a study that showed Vit. K helping reduce bruising. Also, It was interesting which scars Dr Sire (Fullerton, CA) picked to do the subcision on. They were rolling and were scars that pretty much disappeared when I stretched the skin. He said he could feel the attachment under the skin when he touched the scar. There was a slight popping sound. I'll post my results as I see them.

Thanks, I guess it is not bad on your chin, can you cover with make up after having it done. I plan to go to work the next day. Looking forward to hear from you. It's not painful, I hope.

Yes!!! Go for it!!! At the same time ask about laser treatments to control your acne flare ups.

Does your derm carry any other types of lasers?

Does your derm carry any other types of lasers?

No, just N-lite, it's the only hospital that does it in Hammersmith in London.

Thanks, I guess it is not bad on your chin, can you cover with make up after having it done. I plan to go to work the next day. Looking forward to hear from you. It's not painful, I hope.

I may have read this wrong, but IiIy, are you saying you pIan to go to work the next day after subcision? If so, i beIieve you reaIIy need to rescheduIe or book time off work because i think you wiII feeI very tender and seIf conscious. Of course, i dont know how weII you heaI, but i found i needed a good week (im a sIow heaIer), to feeI ok.

Best of Iuck.

[

No, I can't cover the bruising up with makeup they're just too dark. It's day 4 now, I think by tomorrow they will cover up better with makeup. Like other posters have said the only thing that hurts are the shots to numb the area. Also, I don't think I mentioned before, the doctor did inject a filler after subcision. I believe this is to help the scar tissue to not reattach and become bound down again.

quote name=lily48' date='Nov 2 2006, 02:17 PM' post='1463405]

I may have read this wrong, but IiIy, are you saying you pIan to go to work the next day after subcision? If so, i beIieve you reaIIy need to rescheduIe or book time off work because i think you wiII feeI very tender and seIf conscious. Of course, i dont know how weII you heaI, but i found i needed a good week (im a sIow heaIer), to feeI ok.

Best of Iuck.

I am having it done on a Thursday on my cheeks,but it is also possible since I am still getting active spots on my chin, I will decide against it. Do you think if I go ahead I should be able to cover up with make up by Monday? Some of my friends and relatives think I should leave the scars well alone. I am also worried in case it GETS WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER. Thanks