Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
touch_and_go

started regimen with extremely dry skin

hey guys ,.. i used to do csr in india with no good results .. probably because product available in india where not good ...... so i stopped .. i came to uk , london this september and heard that the product available here r really good for csr ... so i gave a try , i purchased panoxyl 2.5 % bp .... clearsil cleanser... and eucerin moisturizer with urea .... and startted the regimen ... its just been 3 days and my skin has become horribly dry .. i m using good amount of bp because i have used bp in india so i dont need small amount .... i donno why is my skin flaking so much ... on other hand my skin with flakes look very clear .... but this flake looks horrible .... is it because of cold whether ... or is it because i m using any wrong product ..... guys if u can help me i wana do the regimen precisely ..... ill wait for 1 week for my skin to become normal ... then will try agn .. can u guys advice me wat went wrong ... thk you

It looks like you're making a pretty good start. I see a few potential problems that you could easily fix:

Cleanser: The Clearasil cleanser is a medicated cleanser. Using it with the regimen will likely over-dry your skin. You should use one of the recommended unmedicated cleansers. That should help a lot.

BP: PanOxyl 2.5% has been reported by many people on this site to be very drying, despite its low percentage of BP. You might also try lowering the amount of BP that you're using and ramp it up slowly as your skin can tolerate it.

Moisturizer: Your moisturizer looks good. If you're still experiencing flaking, you might try adding jojoba to your moisturizing routine as Dan suggests.

Good luck!

Cam >B)

hey guys ,.. i used to do csr in india with no good results .. probably because product available in india where not good ...... so i stopped .. i came to uk , london this september and heard that the product available here r really good for csr ... so i gave a try , i purchased panoxyl 2.5 % bp .... clearsil cleanser... and eucerin moisturizer with urea .... and startted the regimen ... its just been 3 days and my skin has become horribly dry .. i m using good amount of bp because i have used bp in india so i dont need small amount .... i donno why is my skin flaking so much ... on other hand my skin with flakes look very clear .... but this flake looks horrible .... is it because of cold whether ... or is it because i m using any wrong product ..... guys if u can help me i wana do the regimen precisely ..... ill wait for 1 week for my skin to become normal ... then will try agn .. can u guys advice me wat went wrong ... thk you

I agree with what Malcolm has said, but if I was you I would change your BP, I used Panoxyl when I first started BP and it took my skin about 6 months to get used to it. My skin was really tight and sore all the time, it was horrible. Moisturising didn't seem to help either.

It looks like you're making a pretty good start. I see a few potential problems that you could easily fix:

Cleanser: The Clearasil cleanser is a medicated cleanser. Using it with the regimen will likely over-dry your skin. You should use one of the recommended unmedicated cleansers. That should help a lot.

BP: PanOxyl 2.5% has been reported by many people on this site to be very drying, despite its low percentage of BP. You might also try lowering the amount of BP that you're using and ramp it up slowly as your skin can tolerate it.

Moisturizer: Your moisturizer looks good. If you're still experiencing flaking, you might try adding jojoba to your moisturizing routine as Dan suggests.

Good luck!

Cam >B)

i went to boots.. i only found panoxyl brand for bp .. are there any other brands available over the counter ????????

STOP USING PANOXYL. All of their products are so drying and harsh on your skin. Not recommended lol. Yet is appears to be the leading brand in the UK. Very odd. Anyways... as for UK bp products, there arnt many. I would recommend ordering some Clear Skin Regimen Gel from this site, it only takes 2 weeks to get to u (if you're in the UK like me). And it works great too

BUT STOP USING PANOXYL lol :D . As for a face wash, change to a non-medicated plain one. Better for your skin. And try using LOADS of moisturiser. The more the better ;)