Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spiral_pop

Has this happened to you?

For the first time my skin is completely clear(excluding scaring) yet my life is on a downward spiral, and it has nothing to do with skin. definitly a first. i thought all my emotional problems stemmed from my skin...i couldnt have been further off! i dont know WHERE they stem from.. but i know its not from my skin. cuz i still feel as shitty as ever. even worse.

Im in of a tug-o-war between my freinds and boyfreind. My boyfreind says they're bad for me. they think theyre some sort of celebrities... and act like life is just one big "MTV beach house" party. They flake on me whenever i want to do somthing. Thieir life goal for the past couple of months have been to find the hottest guys and get laid...its annoying cuz im in a serious relationship, so obviously im exclcuded. they seem to always be in competition with me..for what? i have no clue, but its there.

My freinds think i should leave my BF. they say hes controlling, and i dont or cant do anything without him. and that i let him hate them. now he gave me an ultimatum. him or them.

But neither one of them are helping their own case. my freinds act like stupid slutty spoiled bitchy females ( honestly they have me really hating girls right now) in front of my BF. and then my boyfreind in return acts like an asshole. and im stuck in the middle. each trying to have full control of me...

all i want is to be happy, healthy, and loved by those i love back.

im tired of this bull.

and the sad thing is. through all this, i think i lost who i am. cuz i dont know anymore. i dont feel i have an identity or beliefs, ambitions, opinions, or any thoughts of my own for that matter. everyone has drained what was left. and i now feel like a hollw shell

i want to meet ur friends :P

of course you do. until they give you genital warts. "they are SLUTS". hello??!!! you like diseases?

If that's what you think about your own friends, then why do you wish to persue this friendship??? Sounds to me like your bf is right

It sounds like your friends have a lot of growing up to do. I don't think your bf is controlling... I see where he is coming from because I would lose my patience too if I had to be around people like that all the time. Maybe you should start to cut ties with these girls and find some people with more maturity and stability in their lives... it sounds like you do not have the same lifestyle as them anymore (if you ever did).

It sounds like your friends have a lot of growing up to do. I don't think your bf is controlling... I see where he is coming from because I would lose my patience too if I had to be around people like that all the time. Maybe you should start to cut ties with these girls and find some people with more maturity and stability in their lives... it sounds like you do not have the same lifestyle as them anymore (if you ever did).

Thank you thank you!! that is exactly what he is saying. its going to be hard to cut ties because these are my first freinds, i've known them since i was 6. and theynow me very well. at least from how they want me to act, i hope not.(and no i never acted like them, i was prude and goody goody up until my BF) actualy we were in a fight when i first started dating jeremy, and didnt speak for over a year. we made up 6 months ago, and it seemed like they really had changed, but lately im kicking myself for being stupid

i want to meet ur friends :P

of course you do. until they give you genital warts. "they are SLUTS". hello??!!! you like diseases?

If that's what you think about your own friends, then why do you wish to persue this friendship??? Sounds to me like your bf is right

i agree with you

sorry to say this, but your friendship with these so called "friends" sounds very fake... and fake friendships don't last.

i feel like im sorta going through something pretty similiar to that right now.

i guess what helped was realizing that i didnt have to feel guilty for growing apart from my friends. we had a lot in common, and they have known me for a long time, but we live pretty different lifestyles now, and theres no reason to feel badly about it.

i dont think you necessarily have to "cut" the ties with them, it seems like you are already drifting apart in life, so there's nothing wrong with just letting things gracefully continue to drift, if you feel that's the right thing of course. no matter what your boo says, it should be your own decision.

follow your heart.

i'm sure you already know in you which is the right decision... you just are hesistant about what path to take because you are afraid.

afraid of losing what was there your whole life.

saying goodbye to life-long friends is hard.

and admitting that nothing lasts forever is harder.

but in the end you will still be you and the people who love you will still love you.

and.. life goes on.

goodluck.

Back in the day....about 11 years ago......I met a really amazing guy....

I had my little group of girlfriends, who like yours were all single, and only wanted to party and hook up with random guys. We all partied way too much......we did a lot of drugs, and got into trouble. The guy I started seeing wasn't straightedge, but he didn't do any drugs (he never even smoked pot). At the time my frineds and I were involved in some really seroius shit (way beoynd smoking pot), and as I started to get closer to my new boyfriend, I didn't want to party as much with them. For some reason I'd rather spend time with him sober then spend time with them getting high and getting into trouble.......

He used to tell me they were no good for me, and that I'd be lost if I kept hanging around them. He was older and wiser than me, and I figured he was kinda right. I eventually quit doing drugs all toghether because I really didn't want to do them around him, and I'd rather hang out with him then them. Once I quit using/selling most of them didn't want anything to do with me........I haven't talked to most of my friends from highschool since then..........I've heard about some of them....a couple still have seroius problems with drugs, or ended up getting pregnant as teenagers (or both).....a few of them turned out fine, and I've managed to stay in touch with only one of them.........

11 years later I'm still with him, and they aren't my friends anymore........we never actually fought.....we just kinda drifted apart due to a lack of common intrests.....

It's not cool that he's giving you an ultimatum, but it really depends on where you'd rather be.....partying with them or hanging out with him.....It's not like you have to completely ditch them for him.....if you are really friends, they will still be your friend through whatever.....relationships, moving to another state....whatever.......

Good Luck...