Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottyangel

how do u use jojoba oil?

do u buy this in its pure form as an essential oil?

i have no idea where to buy this from as i cant find it anywhere.

It isnt even stocked at Holland and Barretts! (for those in UK)

i had trouble finding it myself, but i really didnt know what i was looking for. i found it at Whole Foods, which is a health grocery store. I found it in the cosmetics and skincare section and it was not with the essential oils, but bottled differently than the essential oils. I think because it is a carrier oil, it comes in a bigger bottle. All the essential oils were in small brown or blue glass bottles, but jojoba was in a clear plastic bottle much bigger than the essential oils. Good luck finding it, maybe someone will post a picture? anyone???

The reason the essential oils are in the brown bottles is so they won't be exposed to strong lights, it helps prolong their shelf life. You're supposed to store them in a cool dark place.

The jojoba is really a wax so that itself doesn't have shelf life problem. The only problem I have is the bottle that it comes in. Horrible drip problem. My best suggestion is get a droplet for medicine and use that to measure the jojoba oil out.

All the essential oils were in small brown or blue glass bottles, but jojoba was in a clear plastic bottle much bigger than the essential oils. Good luck finding it, maybe someone will post a picture? anyone???

here ya go, girls:

IPB ImageIPB Image

the brand is Desert Essence; the little one pictured here is organic, and the large one, regular. the actual bottles are about 6" high, i think. found them both at whole foods myself, on sale. there is also another brand they sell at Whole Foods, "Auracacia."

thats the same bottle i have:) and it is pretty leaky...boo! thanks for posting the pic clear dream...i think that will be helpful.

by the way...there are different ways of using jojoba oil. you can add a few drops to you moisturizer. or you can apply a few drops of jojoba directly to your face. you can use it in your hair as well. im just experimenting with it myself so i dont have that much advice. a lot of people use it as a carrier oil for tea tree oil and spot treat with that.

I have the Aura Cacia Jojoba oil.

IPB Image

I don't like the cap. It is imposible to pour some oil out of it. So I just twist it open and voila, pour the oil on one of my fingers and apply it on my face: cheek, the other cheek, chin, nose and forehead. I don't know how many drops that would be, since I am not using a droplet, so I would say 5 "finger drops".

I have also mixed Jojoba oil with aloe vera gel (and 2% of lavender and geranium essencial oil) and use this in the mornings since I feel the oil alone is too oily to use it during the daytime. The oil and gel don't really mix, so I am not really sure what kind of "mix" I am getting with this combination, but it is sure very refreshing for my skin.

I don't like the cap. It is imposible to pour some oil out of it. So I just twist it open and voila, pour the oil on one of my fingers and apply it on my face: cheek, the other cheek, chin, nose and forehead. I don't know how many drops that would be, since I am not using a droplet, so I would say 5 "finger drops".

for dispensing problems:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1441813

wow, great idea, I didn't know that existed... I'm going to check it out. I'll hopefully find it in a whole foods.

Aura Cacia is a very good brand, a bit expensive but you get great quality. I have the desert essence bottle, I hate it. Love the product, hate the damn packaging. It always leaks and drips everywhere.

I have the desert essence bottle, I hate it. Love the product, hate the damn packaging. It always leaks and drips everywhere.

hey spikeyli -- did you click on my last post up there? (#9) if not... click, woman! :D

I have the desert essence bottle, I hate it. Love the product, hate the damn packaging. It always leaks and drips everywhere.

hey spikeyli -- did you click on my last post up there? (#9) if not... click, woman! :D

I just came back from Whole Foods with 3 of them mixing bottles :D So yes I clicked on the link.

I'm totally in love with the bottles, they are so cute and just the right size.

I just came back from Whole Foods with 3 of them mixing bottles :D So yes I clicked on the link.

I'm totally in love with the bottles, they are so cute and just the right size.

haha, 3 of them... cool! i know, aren't they adorable? :P

hey there's a very good reason I got 3. I need one for the jojoba by itself, one for the essential oil cleansing concoction I mix every night, and one to send as a sample for Amy (from Joppa) to try. If you're nice to me I'll send you a bottle too:-)

So i needed to put my jojoba oil in my drawer, away from the sun. this is the first time i put it there, but since it didnt fit, i had to put it lying down... crap it leaked. oh well, i guess it wasnt a good idea.

so how much were the dropper bottles?

$1.95 each baby, and worth every penny:-)

yeah keep your essential oil in a cool dry place, it'll add years to its shelf life.