Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iofthetiger

Makeup hints I wish I knew earlier

-Dust power on your eyelids and just below so mascara & eyeliner stays tame. It helps to fight the oilies also.

-Make sure your makeup matches with your neck color!

-Don't touch your face by any means... if you have an itch, itch with a tissue!

-Don't go overboard on the eye makeup or lip makeup... emphasize one or the other...

-Moisturize day and night.

-Don't forget to combat the oilies (with light poweder or blotting sheets)

-Don't overuse salyic acid or BP because that will only irritate the skin causing the skin to breakout more.

-With makeup... less is more....

Anything else I'm missing? :think:

These are absolutely right!

Don't forget to wash it all off at night.

Thou shalt not sleep in makeup is actually the little known Eleventh Commandment.

(It's a good thing I made that up, or I'd be in big trouble... but I try!)

if you use a foundation with high spf/sunscreen concentration during the day, you may need a different one for night-time special occassions

the titanium dioxide can make you look ghostly in photos :S

Avoid colored mascaras unless you're going to a Halloween party.

The key to wearing blush is to give you a natural glow, not look like a 80s reject.

If you must fake a tan, make sure you use an all body sunless tanner. Nothing worse than a tan face and neck but pasty white cleavage, arms, and legs.

Guest blackheadben

That is not so true about the colored mascaras. If you have dark brown eyes and can find a blue/black mascara, it will enhance them. (Note that I said "blue/black" and not just blue, can we say blue means 1982?) If you have green eyes, a nice dark aubergine mascara works nicely. However, standard black is the only one that is fool proof!

I so agree with the oilies and keeping it at bay. Skin looks 12 times oilier w/ makeup on it. I only blot because I can never reapply powder w/o it cakeing up :P

Ooh! And remember to use concealer one shade lighter than your foundation. It blends in so much better. On the other hand, if all you wear is concealer, it has to match your skin exactly.

by color I meant royal electric blue mascara or neon green, I don't count black or brown as color because they're standard requirement by my definition.

That is not so true about the colored mascaras. If you have dark brown eyes and can find a blue/black mascara, it will enhance them. (Note that I said "blue/black" and not just blue, can we say blue means 1982?)

I love colored mascara too. A dark purple looks really nice w/brown eyes. I even think bright green or "electric" blue looks cool; it just depends on your style & where you are going. I dont go for the natural look all the time, cuz if I wanted to look "natural" I just wouldnt wear makeup :D. The only thing I really want to appear natural is my foundation. If I had clear skin I would probably just use concealer under the eye for face makeup, but I would still use cheek, eye, & lip color. I think its cool to make a statement with makeup & be a bit rebellious (well look at my name sake - Siouxise Sioux), but there are occasions for everything!

Here's my thoughts: classic red lips never go out, a smoky eye never goes out, foundation should match as close as possible & be as sheer a coverage as you can get away with, blush looks best when co-ordinated with your lip color, at night & for photos wear more makeup cuz the color doesnt show up as much, dont wear more than lipgloss to the beach (unless you have acne, then foundation is okay :D ), if you have oily skin wear a little more cuz an hour later it will be soaked in (that's my situation, especially w/eyeshadow), keep it non-comedogenic, & have fun!

Guest blackheadben

Don't use foundation like concealer, it just cakes up on you.

And blend that damn line of demarcation away! Even if your foundation matches your skin perfectly, it will still leave a line if you don't blend. Die, demarcation, die!