Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

After accutane?

Guest agentx

Hey i think this is a fairly important question which would help alot of people who are currently on accutane. It`s for the people who have finished a course of accutane.

Did your acne come bak after finishing the course? was it worse or less bad if it did?

Please answer the question, im really freaking out cuz a stupid derm i went to said accutane is a waste of time... and only causes a clearin up of the skin for a certain period of time. HELP! Im finally clear ... i dont wanna go bak to having acne sad.gif

Yes I had it come back a couple of months after I stopped Accutane treatments. However, after I finished the treatment I didn't do anything to maintain the way my face was. Now I have it back in full force.

I'm sure if you follow Dan's regimen now you will be alright, just learn from my mistake and take action to prevent it from coming back.

Guest agentx

can i start dan`s regimen after just one week of having finished accutane?

CheerS!

mine came back about 2 years after, not as bad though. I took Diane 35 right after accutane to mantain the results, but it didn't work for long. I'm finding that the Acne Cure controls acne very well. As long as I stick to it, I don't get active acne. I think you c an start the regimen now why not.

I did accutane 5 years ago and was absolutely clear for 4 years. I didn't do anything to maintain my skin b/c I didn't need to...it has come back a little but no where near as bad...everyone is different...I have 2 older brothers who did it once and never had to again...it's been 8 years and they are completely clear. Accutane is NOT a waste of time and to me at least, was well worth it. I recognize this is not the case for everyone, and there are risks with every drug. Try to find a derm that is a little less biased and in the nuetral zone!

Hey --

I took Accutane 8 years ago. Unfortunately, i don't really remember at this point if my face totally cleared up, and if it did, for how long. I do know that it was never even close to as bad as it was before Accutane. I didn't do much in terms of special skincare after I was on Accutane, and I think I had the occasional couple of zits, but definitely no big deal.

-kristin

Well, I took accutane twice. Once when I was 17 and once when I was 19. It came back a year later both times. When I was 17 and it came back a year later - it came back worse than it was before. Then I took it again and it totally cleared my face, but once again - came back a year later worse. I found this site a little over a year ago and didn't know what I was going to do about my face. I was considering taking accutane a third time, but decided to try the regimen instead. I've been on the regimen for over a year and my face is completely clear about 98% of the time. But don't get discouraged. Accutane does work permanently for a lot of people. I have at least 4 friends who it worked permanently for. good luck! biggrin.gif

Guest agentx

Hey, mercer ... ur post both scared me and encouraged me lol. Good thing that the regimen seems to be working =/

Dunoo if i shud start it straight after finishing tane =/ any ideas?

CheerS!

I wouldn't start it right away... you never know, you might be one of the lucky ones who's skin stays clear. Seriously I know a lot of people who's skin stayed clear. My boyfriend is one of them.. I'd wait until you see signs of acne coming back which could be 6 months, a year, or never. BTW, I didn't mean to scare you! lol.

Guest agentx

Well .... i hope its NEVER smile.gif. Anyways ... im gonna go back to melbourne this december to study. I went there in january but had to come back in july cuz of acne. i dunno if u know my story or not hehe. Anyways lets hope all is good from now on.

And listen ... it might sound strange but ... couples who have both HAD acne or have acne or have something to do with acne have VERY strong relationships. lol ... might sound strange but ive noticed ALOT of girlfriends/boyfriends, who have had acne and are extremely close to each other. Maybe they know and share the suffering the other person`s going through? eheh. Anyways ... good luck with YOURS =] And enjoy staying clear and pray for me hehe.

CheerS!

Agent, my derm told me to wait a few months before applying any topicals once I've stopped treatment. Definitely stay away from stuff like Retin-A. Personally I would avoid BP and SA for about two months or so. Give your skin time to heal, then carpet bomb the remaining buggers that are still on your skin!

I had severe acne and took Accutane it's a great drug cleared me up 100% 4 months post Acne came back not to scare you but my derm told me she did a poll and the relapse rate is quite high about 40-50%. 'If' acne returns it's usually only mild and I maintain clear skin thanks to the Regimen!

Guest agentx

doggy ... thats the GREAT Part ... there ARE no remaining buggers LOL. Im 100% clear but i wanna STAY that way thats why i thought i`d start the regimen. But u`re right i`ll wait 2-3 months before i start it. Marcus Lets hope it duzent return smile.gif

CheerS!

Hmm, I think the regimen will kill any spots that may come up, you have to note that the regimen worked for Dan after he had been on Accutane (-:

Guest agentx

yea ... i didnt know Dan used accutane hehe ... thats great news then ... i`ll just wait 2-3 months and then start the regimen .. Thanks

CheerS!

And listen ... it might sound strange but ... couples who have both HAD acne or have acne or have something to do with acne have VERY strong relationships. lol ... might sound strange but ive noticed ALOT of girlfriends/boyfriends, who have had acne and are extremely close to each other. Maybe they know and share the suffering the other person`s going through? eheh. Anyways ... good luck with YOURS =] And enjoy staying clear and pray for me hehe. 

Hey Agent

I finished a 4month tane course about a month ago. Ididnt do anythign 2 my face for about a week and i already had 4 little spots come up.

I remembered i still had the Carleys clear and smooth stuff in my cupboard which didnt work the first tiem round, i used it this time and they went straight away, and i havent had a singly tiny spot since!

so im gonna stick on this carleys regemin for a while and see if it still fights it off....

Guest agentx

hey, that sounds great ... its been almost a month and a half off tane for me now ... and ive only gotten one TINY whithead near my nose which went away in a day ... and a FEW tinyyyyyyy red spots here and there which go away quickly ... i hope it stays that way for a while ... i`ll start Dans regimen after 4-5 months ... and cuz i cant find Carleys products here in Pakistan ... im goin to melbourne in a few weeks time ... lets see if i can find them there ... thanks for the info.

CheerS!

hi...i took accutane about 6 months ago and my acne is back now...its not worse but its bad enough....i havent tried the regimen yet but i am going to really soon....i will never take accutane again because i believe it is a waste of time...if you're lucky, it will work....im not trying to discourage anyone but i would never take it a 2nd or 3rd time...its bad for you and now im hearing it causes more scars the 2nd time around....i also tried minocycline about a month ago and it did absolutley NOTHING....so...i dont knwo what im gonna do....i personally think my acne is a hormone thing...my Birth control pills seem to get it under control about 85% of the time...i usually break out around my periods !!

hey, that sounds great ... its been almost a month and a half off tane for me now ... and ive only gotten one TINY whithead near my nose which went away in a day ... and a FEW tinyyyyyyy red spots here and there which go away quickly ... i hope it stays that way for a while ... i`ll start Dans regimen after 4-5 months ... and cuz i cant find Carleys products here in Pakistan ... im goin to melbourne in a few weeks time ... lets see if i can find them there ... thanks for the info.

CheerS!

Hey agent, everyone is different. The people who are posting about their post-accutane experiences on this site are obviously not 100% clear smile.gif I feel unfornate for them, sorry guys. I really hope accutane helped them though - as it's supposed to make a drastic improvement, even if it comes back!

Everyone is different. I've heard that it's most common for people who get acne on their back/chest/face instead of just face have a higher risk of it coming back. (Like me sad.gif).

Hope you don't fall into that category and you maintain your clear skin! Good Luck!