Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

OIL!!!!!!Why Is It Coming Back So soon?

Is it the same amount of oil as before? Are you getting any pimples along with the oil?

oh no! This worries me so much! I just took my last Amnesteem pill tonight and what worries me the most is my oiliness coming back. My derm says that some of the oil will come back but it won't be like it was before. However, I've been reading a lot of posts on here claiming that the oil comes back full throttle. I don't like the sounds of that. :doh::wall::(

Nearly 2 months on I still have to moisturise certain parts of my face, however my hair has gone to how it used to be with the oil

oh no! This worries me so much! I just took my last Amnesteem pill tonight and what worries me the most is my oiliness coming back. My derm says that some of the oil will come back but it won't be like it was before. However, I've been reading a lot of posts on here claiming that the oil comes back full throttle. I don't like the sounds of that. :doh::wall::(

What I've gathered from this board the most (in regards to Accutane especially) is that what you read here concerning problems, are not usually the norm. I've been told that a lot of people who have success with accutane never return to this site, and what we read here *mostly* are those who've experienced some problems and not a 100% satisfaction with the drug. The problem is that by reading all that here it scares you into thinking that it's the norm, when it's not.

I'm not saying that this won't happen to you, but I just want you to know this information before you start to get scared and worry about it too much.

ok 2 things.

1)After accutane, p.acne bacterias are much lowered thats the big positive, and what will keep acne away

2) YOU WANT YOUR OIL TO COME BACK!!!!! YOU NEED OIL!!! without oil your face will be dry, red, beat up, and will wrinkle easily.

Its normal for oil to come back. My oil came back, I dont think I had very oily skin, but now I have some oil, which is good, because maybe this lead to my red spots reducing alil bit and my complexion looking better.

Usually from what i've normally heard is acne coming back after the 6month period. so im only 4 months post tane and so far so good, but im not going to be so releived yet, i'll wait and see down the road if my skin holds up.

well my oil seems bad, like over 6 hours and my face looks very shiny to the point it looks like i'm sweating...and plus I would run fingers on my forehead, nose and cheekc and i see the oil come off on my fingers....

for the pimples....I am gettign them here and there......

doe sth eoil help redness?

well my oil seems bad, like over 6 hours and my face looks very shiny to the point it looks like i'm sweating...and plus I would run fingers on my forehead, nose and cheekc and i see the oil come off on my fingers....

for the pimples....I am gettign them here and there......

doe sth eoil help redness?

Ask your derm if you can go on a long term, low dose of accutane to dry up that oil slick. My derm has already told me she'll rx it for me if my oil comes back like before.

I, too, have the total oil slick face. Soooo unflattering. But the other poster is correct, we DO need oil. Keeps us looking young. The dry faced people get wrinkles faster then us oilies :) .

ok 2 things.

1)After accutane, p.acne bacterias are much lowered thats the big positive, and what will keep acne away

2) YOU WANT YOUR OIL TO COME BACK!!!!! YOU NEED OIL!!! without oil your face will be dry, red, beat up, and will wrinkle easily.

Its normal for oil to come back. My oil came back, I dont think I had very oily skin, but now I have some oil, which is good, because maybe this lead to my red spots reducing alil bit and my complexion looking better.

Usually from what i've normally heard is acne coming back after the 6month period. so im only 4 months post tane and so far so good, but im not going to be so releived yet, i'll wait and see down the road if my skin holds up.

Of course the oil is necessary. But normal ppl you cant see their oil on their face but ppl suffering from extremely oily skin you can and this is what the original poster is referring to. If you can see visible oil and wipe it and it leaves a sheen on your hands then its too much.

NOW I'm getting tiny pimples on my forehead.....DID ACCUATNE NOT WORK FOR ME?

I finished my course back in late March, all seemed to be well until about a month ago, where i could tell the oil was coming back as before.

It really does make the skin look kind of bad; it doesn;t help that i get pigmented skin quite easily too- the oily skin makes it look even worst.

I must say accutane has by far been the best medicated drug that ive used for my acne, but it i hate to think that it is ended up like all the others and not going to work for me.

Had to use a 10% glycolic peel to dry things up and get rid of some of that 'clammy' dead skin!