Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
so damn unpretty

I'm going to see a new Psychologist tonightt

I have decided that since my skin doesn't want to improve I'm just going to have to learn to accept how I look and get on with life. I'm sick of letting acne ruin my life and hold me back from doing soo many things :wall: I have other self-esteem image issues but I mostly want to get over obsessing about my skin so much and stop letting it influence every decision i make. I'm also sick of the panic/anxiety attacks urgh :ninja: I haven't had very much luck with them in the past. Maybe because they were all old guys? lol no offence to guys :P Wish me luck! :pray::)

Good luck. I'm in the same boat. i have to see a psychologist or move out of my house.

Anyways, hope things start looking up for you skin and otherwise.

yay!!! if i could only GET a psychologist (its hard to work around their schedule when you work full time) I would very much like to work on my body image as i'm pretty sure my minocycline is killing my liver as i'm sick all the time. I'm clear but i'm terrified to stop any meds. i'm also seriously OCD and so i freak out over the smallest things which is not congruent to good behaviour in self image and self esteem!

my doctors have numerous times said that once i am happy for what i am i won't have to think of what i COUD be as i'd be happy being me. I would like to get to that state and i hope you get there very soon! I wish you the best :) counselling when i had it was a wonderful sense of hope.

Ohhh good luck! I really want to see a Psychologist ... so so bad.. I should ask for that for a christmas present... lol.. my self esteem needs major, major repairs.

Let us know how it goes. I'm really curious what kind of advice they give for this type of thing.

no bullshit, I went to a psychiatrist and she advised me to see a dermatologist.

I just think I too am done. I think it will be awhile before working on my face again.

It is damn near as perfect as it gets, and after this last laser looks quite great!

Problem is I won't feel this way in 2 weeks.

I have gotten over the worst part of acne, still have some small breakouts.

The reason I am saying this is no matter how close to perfect it is, some of us never get over it.

We still "look" horrible, and such.

I should go too, I am my worst critic. And need to get over it.

Wish you luck, it is a good idea, I think I need to go to.

Let us know how it goes. I'm really curious what kind of advice they give for this type of thing.

no bullshit, I went to a psychiatrist and she advised me to see a dermatologist.

heh. my dermatologist advised me to see a psychiatrist.

well lastnight was just an assesment. I very, very nervous butI didn't feel uncomfortable which is a huge plus. My psych's name is Kirsten. She's fairly young, 30-35 ish and she's really easy to talk to. I was kind of suprised at how much I told her considering I had just met her. Hopefully this will actually go somewhere =]

+ thank you everyone! :)

I just think I too am done. I think it will be awhile before working on my face again.

It is damn near as perfect as it gets, and after this last laser looks quite great!

Problem is I won't feel this way in 2 weeks.

I have gotten over the worst part of acne, still have some small breakouts.

The reason I am saying this is no matter how close to perfect it is, some of us never get over it.

We still "look" horrible, and such.

I should go too, I am my worst critic. And need to get over it.

Wish you luck, it is a good idea, I think I need to go to.

"I torment myself in the mirror. "look at your face". "look at how ugly you are" . "not only are you disgusting but your also stupid" ",

but

"one day, you will be clear and happy!"...

I want to learn to be able to like who I am now, accept how i look now instead of waiting for it to be better. I beat myself up everyday. I torment myself in the mirror. "look at your face". "look at how ugly you are" . "not only are you disgusting but your also stupid" and so on. I feel like I am fighting myself. All you really have in the end is yourself and I am my own worst enemy. I worry so much about what other people think of me but at the same time I am, as you said, my own worst critic. I tthink of/treat myself the way I'm soo afraid other people will think of/treat me, if that tmakes any sense?

i do the same thing :(

I was thinkin about getting help tooo

wow kudos to u..i wish i had the guts to go to a psychologist

i didnt even tell my derm i feel depressed and anxious most of the time cuz i really badly wanted accutane

did u hear back from the the psychologist? wut did she diagnose u with?

Im currently seeing a therapist(not sure what the difference is between a psycharatrist.. She personally doesnt seem very smart(althought that may just be the bitterness in me talking) and there are often excruciatingly long pauses in between dialogue,maybe for dramatic effect. She just doesnt seem that insightful, maybe its just that i havent been saying the right things but xmistakex did she ask you a lot of questions and keep the flow moving?