Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtdigital

TCA Questions

Hi everyone, I just did some test spots with 100% TCA. It frosted but i still have holes from the places where i applied the TCA, did i put enough?

Be careful with 100% TCA. It's risky stuff.

Once the scabs come off (don't pick at them!) you'll be able to assess the results.

100% TCA is very strong stuff. If you have a hole from it, the only thing you are going to get by applying more is a larger hole. Yeah, the idea behind TCA cross is to create an injury that will stimulate tissue/collagen production, and hopefully when it heals it will be shallower. But, be careful. With acid that strong, you can easily make things worse burning larger holes into your skin. When 100% TCA is used, it needs to be used sparingly and precisely.

Just leave the scabs alone and don't do anything to encourage them to fall off. Personally, I've found that they stay way longer if I just wash my face once a day and put nothing on and I mean NOTHING.

It takes months to see the healing. You can't access that much right after the scabs fall. It takes about 6 weeks to see a real difference and it continues to improve with each passing week after. That's why in my view people should wait at least 2-3 months before crossing again.

hey,

i just tried some test spots on my temple (100% tca from mytcapeel.com). i tried 3 on the left and 2 on the right. the 3 on the left barely frosted (and it was like 1 mm in diameter of frosting), and the frost was gone in probably a minute. the 2 on the right kinda frosted, but only for a few minutes. and i didn't feel any stinging. but i jammed that friggin toothpick and twisted it in there. i forgot to let the toothpick soak in the tca. i just dipped it and stabbed. i twisted in each scar for about 5 seconds.

i know it's not cuz of shaky hands. my hands were solid cuz stuff like this doesn't scare me.

i think i messed this round up. any tips for next time?

thanks,

bug

where do you buy it?

do you need a prescription?

if i tried it at home, i would be very careful and not use full-strength, and do small test in a less noticeable area. but i am very curious about it.

and what is frosting, really? does it make it hard to go out because the skin looks worse for awhile? can it be concealed with make-up while it heals?

you me

where do you buy it? online (mytcapeel.com)

do you need a prescription? nope

if i tried it at home, i would be very careful and not use full-strength, and do small test in a less noticeable area. but i am very curious about it.

and what is frosting, really? does it make it hard to go out because the skin looks worse for awhile? can it be concealed with make-up while it heals?

frosting is what happens right after you apply it. for a couple minutes. tonight's my 1st night, so i don't directly know. but i (unlike your lazy butt) have read around, and you're gonna scab in about 4 days, and it'll stay there til about day 9.

now, my question anyone?

hey,

i just tried some test spots on my temple (100% tca from mytcapeel.com). i tried 3 on the left and 2 on the right. the 3 on the left barely frosted (and it was like 1 mm in diameter of frosting), and the frost was gone in probably a minute. the 2 on the right kinda frosted, but only for a few minutes. and i didn't feel any stinging. but i jammed that friggin toothpick and twisted it in there. i forgot to let the toothpick soak in the tca. i just dipped it and stabbed. i twisted in each scar for about 5 seconds.

i know it's not cuz of shaky hands. my hands were solid cuz stuff like this doesn't scare me.

i think i messed this round up. any tips for next time?

thanks,

bug

Do some more reading. :D

You do not need to jam the toothpick in or twist it around. All you have to do is press it firmly to the bed of the scar, being extremely careful NOT to let any of the TCA touch the side of the scar.

that's what someone said dr. chu chu did (poke n twist)

What are you applying directly after doing your TCA CROSS?

nothing. i heal well, so i'm establishing my baseline. maybe super cop later today.

There's a relatively recent thread that has lots of good ideas in it with individual member's results and experiences. You'll find lots of information in it. If you'll look over some of my posts, you'll even find my description of how I did my TCA CROSS in April. Femina Mala Est, reilly, and stefany have posts that show great results from their TCA CROSSes.

well, i just got some purple marks today. and the holes are still there from where i poked. i'll have to check out yours and fem's methods. those will help me out. if i'm gonna look like freddy kreuger for 10 days, i REALLY gotta get this done this week, cuz classes start soon. thanks!

what about redmarks does tca cross work for those too? I have indented scars but there still red, is it ok to still use tca cross?

what about redmarks does tca cross work for those too? I have indented scars but there still red, is it ok to still use tca cross?

one more thing, Im going to do a test spot today on my forehead for the cross and wanted to know if it was okay to exercise or doing anything physical while the scab is suppose to be forming since I will be sweating

one more thing, Im going to do a test spot today on my forehead for the cross and wanted to know if it was okay to exercise or doing anything physical while the scab is suppose to be forming since I will be sweating

For bug: Please do consider putting Aquaphor or Vaseline, or neosporin or polysporin or some other antibiotic ointment/cream on the individual lesions for the first three days after you do the CROSS, or until scabs form. The ointment provides some additional protection for those spots; you have wounded them seriously and you want to treat them gently and help them recover.

Be VERY sure to wear sunscreen now and forever! One of my CROSSed spots regressed significantly when I had sun exposure without a sun screen. Long term sun exposure damages collagen, so it makes sense that the sun has an even greater effect on freshly wounded tissue that has less natural protection than healthy skin.

I actually introduced the TCA Cross method to the board a few years ago. I did a treatment on myself and also had one done by a doctor. My treatment followed the protocol and my doctor's did not. She took it on herself to swipe the area around the scar to even it out. Luckily I experienced no additional scarring, but I was panic stricken while it was healing.

My point in saying all this is that anybody (doctor or amateur) who does this needs to be very careful and follow the procedure exactly as it is described in the paper. If you have a very small scar you may need to whittle down your tooth pick to make it fine enough to not touch outside your scar.

I have a question for others who have had both TCA Cross and full face TCA peels. Did the full face TCA peels help your scarring???? If so, how much in comparison to TCA Cross???

Thanks, Anna

ok,

so i tried again. this time i hit up about 10-15 spots on my forehead. um...the frosting part was big compared to some of the scars. does that mean the toothpick was saturated and it blotched that stuff all over? am i supposed to slide the toothpick up along the edge of the bottle, to take some tca off?

also, anyone know how long i hold it in the scar? i went w/ about 7 seconds each.

got a lotta frosting this time. SWEET!

How many times are you suppose to cross a scar in one session? Is it more effective to cross it twice for deeper scars? I remember I crossed one scar on my forehead a few times in one session and it looks shallower now and the small scars I crossed once, didnt have much improvement

I need help I recently did a TCA spot treatment to some scars on my nose and it seemed to be going well until about the 3rd day. The areas became really red and weepy. I think I may have burned my skin. I used 50% only on each small scar and followed the directions. I went to the doctor and he told me to keep it greasy until it heals but I am extremely terrified that i will be permanently scarred (even worse then before) Any one have any words of comfort or their own personal horror stories with happy endings (hopefully)?

...I have a question for others who have had both TCA Cross and full face TCA peels. Did the full face TCA peels help your scarring???? If so, how much in comparison to TCA Cross???

Thanks, Anna