Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bnp

Working out and exercising helps clear up acne?

Since I started lifting weights and running, I've found that my acne has started to clear up.

I've also started eating healthier and I never let my stomach go empty. This too, I believe, has led to my acne clearing up.

I still have the occasional mini-breakouts, but thats usually on the weekends, when I splurge and eat sweets and such and don't workout.

Obviously I'm thinking of changing that and continuing to run and workout on the weekends.

There was a poster called eff who has posted quite a bit about clearing up through diet. It didn't work for me personally in the end, but many people have claimed great success. I suggest you look around for his posts, you'll probably find them very helpful.

When I sweated from working out I broke out worse. Also diets never worked for me. For that matter Doctors never worked for me. Only Dan's regimen and the acne cure have helped me.

workin out for me seams to reduce the small lump and bumps but this is counteracted by even bigger red lumps and bumps...

i'd say i am fit, i can only eat healthy... i feel guilty if i eat anything out of the oridinary eg. chocolate, ice cream. I dont even eat the fat off of chops.

So eating healthy and working out doesnt make my acne any better or worse but make me feel at least a little bit better about myself...

i will feel 100x better once i am clear

working out is good in my opinion... I mean maybe for me I don't just want a clear face, but also a good figure...so I like to work out to kill all my fats(haha yeah not all, man will end up in hospital without enough fats), anyway though I don't find working makes my acne better, it doesn't make it worst either, therefore I continue with it.

As for diet... it all depends on the individual, but after all it's always good to eat food lower in carbs and sugar, good for body overall so why not?

Yeh working out helped clear me up to. It's all about the amount of reps, how hard you push yaself and a good diet. If ya wanna build up some muscle then ya need a good diet. The reason that it clears ya up is because when you work out ya heart beats faster so blood gets pumped round the body quicker, into areas where you need it the most, i.e. face, legs...smile.gif

So those areas get more oxygen. biggrin.gif/

--jay

I've been working out for a while and can't really say that it has effected my skin in any way. Of course there's a lot of other nice benefits from working out. Some people claim that you're acne can get worse from squat & deadlift because these two exercises naturally increase testosterone in your body, but I haven't seen a difference.

promotes circulation and bloodflow. (hence flushed faces). so its good for wounds, scars, etc.

I don't 'work out' per say....but my job is exceedingly physical (housekeeping at a 3 story motel, NO ELAVATORS!) and so I get massive amounts of excersie through that. Also, since I cut out fast food and cut down on fried foods, the weight loss and toning in just a few short months has been astounding.

I think, in all reality, it's not the excersise that causes me to break out but the chemicals I have to use at my job. That's definatly no help! On the other hand, losing weight, toning up, and putting on mucscle and building strength has made me feel so much better physically as well as emotionally. I feel so much better that the acne doesn't quite kill me like it used to!

I don't 'work out' per say....but my job is exceedingly physical (housekeeping at a 3 story motel, NO ELAVATORS!) and so I get massive amounts of excersie through that. Also, since I cut out fast food and cut down on fried foods, the weight loss and toning in just a few short months has been astounding.

I think, in all reality, it's not the excersise that causes me to break out but the chemicals I have to use at my job. That's definatly no help! On the other hand, losing weight, toning up, and putting on mucscle and building strength has made me feel so much better physically as well as emotionally. I feel so much better that the acne doesn't quite kill me like it used to!

I haven't noticed weight lifting improving my skin at all. I do lots of cardio and that seems to help thought. I quit taking all them supplements (creatine, whey, amino acids) a month or so ago and my skin is much better.

Heh - don't stress too much, lauryn. Someday I hope to have a job that includes a chair and maybe a cubicle and a cell phone so that way excersise will be something I do because I enjoy it rather than because I have to. Admittdly, it's good to get paid for it, but there are plenty of days I'd rather do push ups and sit ups rather than go to work!

And, I have to admit, the cutting out fast food was only partially health motivated. In 24 hours, I'd not only watched "SuperSize Me", but read "Fast Food Nation." That is what turned me off fast food. Turns out that not eating fast food is really good for you! (Sadly, that really did come as a shock for me!)

Erpatter - that is good! Alot of people start working out but don't adjust thier nutrient/diet level to go with it. If you don't adjust for the extra work, you can end up feeling overstressed, sore, and weak and fatigued and end up throwing away the whole excersise regimen!

Heh - don't stress too much, lauryn. Someday I hope to have a job that includes a chair and maybe a cubicle and a cell phone so that way excersise will be something I do because I enjoy it rather than because I have to. Admittdly, it's good to get paid for it, but there are plenty of days I'd rather do push ups and sit ups rather than go to work!

And, I have to admit, the cutting out fast food was only partially health motivated. In 24 hours, I'd not only watched "SuperSize Me", but read "Fast Food Nation." That is what turned me off fast food. Turns out that not eating fast food is really good for you! (Sadly, that really did come as a shock for me!)

Erpatter - that is good! Alot of people start working out but don't adjust thier nutrient/diet level to go with it. If you don't adjust for the extra work, you can end up feeling overstressed, sore, and weak and fatigued and end up throwing away the whole excersise regimen!

Hey this post is perfect for me

I started working out a few months ago and asked myself the same thing

My acne has been clearing up adn the red marks are going bye bye

I also lost a few poounds and gained alot of muscle mass.

I feel good about myself. Now i can wear smaller shirts. I enjoy the comments i get on how got bigger and more fit. Its a real confidence booster.

So if your down in the dumps due to acne, WORK OUT.

It may take a while to get results, but than again were really good at waiting for results ;-)

I'm not sure, I play tennis and I had acne at the top of my back and I'm sure the sweat used to iritate it and make it more severe.

I haven't played for a while properly over winter (for obvious reasons brrr) and it's cleared up a lot. I'm under the impression the sweat may irritate acne, but i'm not sure. I guess i'll see what happens when I play properly again.

Guest Amy Lee

Exercise could help acne, that's what people have been telling me bec sweating your perspiration out will remove excess toxins from your skin. I don't know. confused.gif But I believe exercising delivers needed oxygen to our skin cells, so that could be beneficially healthy maybe.