Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rikke

Hip seed oil!

I'm sitting here, all blue, and searching for scar treatments. Talking to a friend on messenger, who suggests a regenerating ointment.

I do a google-search, and find this post in a forum, about different scars and wounds. Hip seed oil (or whatever it's called in english - quite a few different words for "seed" :P) is recommended, so naturally, I searched for a dealer.

In their sales article thet say:

HYBENKERNE OLIE 20 ml.

Mod HUDENS ÆLDNING! Forskere ved flere universiteter i Chile har påvist, at ren hybenkerneolie fra Rosa mosqueta, der vokser i Andelsbjergene i Chile, har en række vigtige dermatologiske egenskaber. Det skyldes bl.a. hybenkernernes olie, der inderholder Vitamin A Retinol, C-vitamin, karoten og vigtige umættede fedtsyrer. Forskerne mener, at olien kan reducere eller helt fjerne ar, brune pletter og overfladerynker i huden. Også akne og solens skader på huden er i kliniske forsøg med hybenkerneolie blevet reduceret betydeligt eller helt.

Translated:

HIP SEED OIL 20 ml.

To prevent the skin from AGING! Scientists at several universities in Chile have proved that pure hip seed oil from Rosa Mosqueta, which grows in some mountains (dunno what they're called in english), has several dermatological qualities. That is partly because of the seed's oil, which contains Vitamin A Retinol, C-vitamin, carotin (I think) and important unsaturated fats. The scientists believe that the oil can reduce or entirely remove scars, brown spots and superficial wrincles in the skin. Acne and the sun's damages on the skin have also either been considerably reduced or completely removed.

Now, I'm only a 16-year old dane, so I apologize for my poor tranlation, but I think you're smart enough to read my code :cool:

I am SO gonna try this, and I'll maybe even post pictures. Not putting my hopes too high though, in case it won't work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so now I just read - on another site - that it should not be used on greasy skin, or skin with acne. :confused:

I think what you are referring to is Rosehip seed oil; yes it is a good moisturising oil but don't get your hopes up too much as it is definitely no miracle cure against scars. All it will do is keep them moisturised and ensure the wound area heals efficiently. It does not prevent scar tissue formation unfortunately.

Bummer :(

What about Pantothenyl? My friend recommended it - she said it helped some scars in her back?

Well, it's supposed to help getting rid og the red spots, so it might be worth a try anyways.

Sigh... WHY was acne created?! (Like there isn't a thousand more horrible things out there :P)

Well, it's supposed to help getting rid og the red spots, so it might be worth a try anyways.

Sigh... WHY was acne created?! (Like there isn't a thousand more horrible things out there :P)

Well, God created us in His image. :wall:

i have rose hip oil

i bought it after i heard it was good for fading red marks (PIH)

didn't do that for me

and definitely won't help your scars (beyond acting as a temporary moisturiser and plumping the skin slightly)

it has also caused pore clogging and breakouts in some so be careful!