Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happymommy

Who nobody has acne on MTV

Im sure im not the only one who's noticed that there's never been anyone on any MTV show, that i've noticed at least with acne, not even on the reality shows. Seriously, there's every other sort of person and some are overweight or just unattractive, why not include someone with acne too? I wonder if they screen for such things

Im sure im not the only one who's noticed that there's never been anyone on any MTV show, that i've noticed at least with acne, not even on the reality shows. Seriously, there's every other sort of person and some are overweight or just unattractive, why not include someone with acne too? I wonder if they screen for such things

i know what your saying! Its like everyone on TV these days is the image of perfection when it comes to skin! it seems shallow really. It wouldnt hurt to see someone with acne on tv for once! Sometimes i hate seeing programs and reality shows where everyone looks flawless coz it makes me feel uglier than usual!

But then again, the people on tv have really great makeup artists who work wonders for their skin and people are airbrushed. Theres probably some acne somewhere but its just not visible to use mere mortals lol!

the guy in the most recent episode of made had acne. also one of the models on 8th and ocean had acne. she went to a derm on that show and is now a spokes model for differin.

oh yea....it was one of the twins in 8th and ocean who had acne wasnt it? I rememver that!

yep.

Have you thought about most people with acne have low self esteem and hang out here all the time instead of trying to work on tv?

Tis called makeup. And lots of it. Yes, even the guys. If I was going to be on TV, I'd slap it on.

Well I thought it was obvious that casting people are looking for people with little to no imperfections. Also, even decent looking people go through heavy modification. Just look at this page

I mean, she looks good already without the makeup... then with makeup and everything she is flawless. Still though, for the media - even that isn't enough.

Well I thought it was obvious that casting people are looking for people with little to no imperfections. Also, even decent looking people go through heavy modification. Just look at this page

I mean, she looks good already without the makeup... then with makeup and everything she is flawless. Still though, for the media - even that isn't enough.

holy sh*t dude

seriously.. no matter our perception of beauty is distorted. once you see things like that.

that's unbelievable.

good post.

Wow KaBooMX. That site is crazy!!!!!!! Damn. Thats true that there are a few examples on MTV, especially made, but the people on made are less attractive than those on any other MTV show. I guess its just wierd because every where I go i see people with acne. So many people at school( I love how so many people don't care to wear makeup to college classes! Wish I could do that too!), I go to the mall and I see tons of people with acne who dont seem to care to much and are still attractive. Why can't this be the norm? Its sad that something as small as a spot or two can become a disability.

i've seen people on MTV with acne. even on Laguna Beach.

Here's my best guess as to why this happens.

The main reason (I think) is that people with acne look different on different days. As the acne heals and new breakouts form. That's a big reason why people with acne aren't hired to be the lead in major movies and such...because when they film certain scenes, if the person's face changes, you can tell that they filmed it on different days and they can't merge the scenes as well if a person has 3 pimples one scene and then 5 in the next scene.

This may be totally wrong but it was something that came to mind...good topic!

Here's my best guess as to why this happens.

The main reason (I think) is that people with acne look different on different days. As the acne heals and new breakouts form. That's a big reason why people with acne aren't hired to be the lead in major movies and such...because when they film certain scenes, if the person's face changes, you can tell that they filmed it on different days and they can't merge the scenes as well if a person has 3 pimples one scene and then 5 in the next scene.

This may be totally wrong but it was something that came to mind...good topic!

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've seen major movies with the lead having acne. lol Make up can work wonders. Especially the make up they use. Yeah, you can still see some tiny bumps, but who... other than an acne sufferer who looks out for those things, is gonna notice that? Take Brad Pitt for example.

Dylan from diddys making the band had pretty bad acne so did chopper and diddy actually called him out in front of the whole group like "yall need to look like stars, dylan you need to get your skin fixed"

Dylan from diddys making the band had pretty bad acne so did chopper and diddy actually called him out in front of the whole group like "yall need to look like stars, dylan you need to get your skin fixed"

Diddy shouldn't talk. He has acne too. It showed his face up close once during Making The Band and he hand tiny bumps all over his forhead and a few on his cheeks, and that's with expensive make up on. I hate him. He needs to get over himself.

i was soo glad to see that episode of 8th an ocean when that chic was suffering from acne, not glad to see her with acne i felt really bad for her. but it was so comforting to see someone soo beautiful also struggling like we do. ok this is sounding mean but i dont meen it like that.