Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Wish you had a boyfriend/girlfriend?

I've had times where I would wake up in the morning thinking I wish I did. My acne fluctuates from moderate to mild and I get so depressed lieing in bed lonely wishing I had someone. Sometimes I would get so depressed that all I wanted to do was sleep so I could stop thinking about it. Has anyone been the same way? I feel like that today.

Yes, I use to want a girlfriend all the time. I was very tired of a being alone, and I wanted someone there to confort me when I needed it. Now I just try not to think about it much anymore, otherwise I just get really depressed. I guess I've just gotten use to being alone.

Guest tomblot88

man your acne isn't bad at all. Get out there and start dating

I've had times where I would wake up in the morning thinking I wish I did. My acne fluctuates from moderate to mild and I get so depressed lieing in bed lonely wishing I had someone. Sometimes I would get so depressed that all I wanted to do was sleep so I could stop thinking about it. Has anyone been the same way? I feel like that today.

yes i feel like that quite a lot! :cry:

I tried to get a date with someone when my acne was moderate and I got an "ekk". :evil: Have any of you tried finding someone with acne? Maybe they'd be more understanding.

someone with acne wud be nice to date

but!

when i see girl with acne i don't want to aproach her coz she may think that i do it coz we both have acne and will feel ugly :(

Try to take your mind away from it. Everybody wants somebody to share things with, it's normal.

Usually I'm content with being an independent single lady.. but then there's moments when I really wish I had a bf. like at homecoming, prom, a lonely night, etc.. It sucks, but whatever

Guest *mike*

I would love to have a girlfriend to spend time with. I'm so lonely all the time. I only leave the house to go to college. I just had a week off college (halfterm) - I did nothing all week. I sat at my computer feeling sorry for myself.

The situation is made worse when you see couples/love/relationships on every TV channel, in every magazine and in the media daily. I turn the TV on and there is a happy couple kissing and smiling - it makes me even more depressed than I was.

I would love to have a girlfriend to spend time with. I'm so lonely all the time. I only leave the house to go to college. I just had a week off college (halfterm) - I did nothing all week. I sat at my computer feeling sorry for myself.

The situation is made worse when you see couples/love/relationships on every TV channel, in every magazine and in the media daily. I turn the TV on and there is a happy couple kissing and smiling - it makes me even more depressed than I was.

"I'm so lonely all the time. I only leave the house to go to college.".... Me TOO!

"The situation is made worse when you see couples/love/relationships on every TV channel, in every magazine and in the media daily. I turn the TV on and there is a happy couple kissing and smiling - it makes me even more depressed than I was."... It is even worse when a couple kiss just in front of you!! I experience this almost everyday....SAD, and feel lonely.

Guest Irish-Oria

Yep. I dont think guys would want me without make up.

Yes, I use to want a girlfriend all the time. I was very tired of a being alone, and I wanted someone there to confort me when I needed it. Now I just try not to think about it much anymore, otherwise I just get really depressed. I guess I've just gotten use to being alone.

Co-sign. 100%

So I've had mild to moderate (depending on the year and medicine) and on top of that, I'm not particularly attractive anyway....

I'm also pretty cynical - whenever someone posts crap (well, it's crap IMHO) about how all you really need is self-confidence and you'll meet the perfect girl (or guy) because people think confidence is attractive (B.S.!!!)....

But, I don't care how much acne you have, how ugly you are, how shy and socially awkward you are - there are PLENTY of people you can date.

Look at this thread right here. Lots of people, of both sexes, who wish they had someone, who all think that, for whatever reason, they shouldn't be in a relationship.

Yeah, I've always had acne, and I've got a funny looking face, an oversized head, etc, etc, etc, and you can still get out there and meet people. If acne really bothers you, and that's why you feel like you can't approach girls/guys - go hit on someone with acne worse than you. Or at least someone with less than perfect skin.

If you are ugly, hit on some ugly chicks.

If you are fat, hit on some fat chicks.

Whatever short comings you have; a member of the opposite sex with those same afflictions are going to be far more understanding. I'm short, I hit on short chicks. I'm nerdy, I hit on nerdy chicks.

Etc, etc, etc,

Sure, opposites attract and all that jazz - but this works too :)

So I've had mild to moderate (depending on the year and medicine) and on top of that, I'm not particularly attractive anyway....

I'm also pretty cynical - whenever someone posts crap (well, it's crap IMHO) about how all you really need is self-confidence and you'll meet the perfect girl (or guy) because people think confidence is attractive (B.S.!!!)....

But, I don't care how much acne you have, how ugly you are, how shy and socially awkward you are - there are PLENTY of people you can date.

Look at this thread right here. Lots of people, of both sexes, who wish they had someone, who all think that, for whatever reason, they shouldn't be in a relationship.

Yeah, I've always had acne, and I've got a funny looking face, an oversized head, etc, etc, etc, and you can still get out there and meet people. If acne really bothers you, and that's why you feel like you can't approach girls/guys - go hit on someone with acne worse than you. Or at least someone with less than perfect skin.

If you are ugly, hit on some ugly chicks.

If you are fat, hit on some fat chicks.

Whatever short comings you have; a member of the opposite sex with those same afflictions are going to be far more understanding. I'm short, I hit on short chicks. I'm nerdy, I hit on nerdy chicks.

Etc, etc, etc,

Sure, opposites attract and all that jazz - but this works too :)

Wow. I don't think I have ever met someone so pesimisstically optimistic before.

Wow. I don't think I have ever met someone so pesimisstically optimistic before.

Well, I consider myself a realist :)

My first two years of high school, I did what I think most guys do. Especially shy guys with acne. I'd pick a cute girl - never the hottest girl, but a very attractive girl - who I was remotely friends with. And by that, I mean, she knew my name. And I'd be 'madly in love with her' but I've let her know I liked her, and I'd spend my nights wishing she was with me instead of whoever the guy she was dating was.

Of course, nothing would ever happen with her. She was more attractive, more popular, smarter, hell, she was even a better athlete than I was!

My junior year, I met a girl in class. Thank god for group projects! She was...just like me! She was kinda shy, kinda socially awkward and acne too! We were a match made in ...well...purgatory :) I remember being so jealous when I realised just how much of her acne she could hide with make-up. I also remember being soooo grossed out when she wanted to touch my face. I'd flinch back and wonder how anyone could want to touch my nasty zits (I still wonder this, lol).

Anyway, I tend to ramble on here - but my point is, I dated this girl for over a year and I went to dances, and I gave her flowers and she'd call me when she had a bad day, and all that sappy relationship type crap. I had a lot of fun with her - and she didn't seem to mind that I had acne, a funny looking face, an oversized head and an unbelievably scrawny body.

Well, I consider myself a realist :)

My first two years of high school, I did what I think most guys do. Especially shy guys with acne. I'd pick a cute girl - never the hottest girl, but a very attractive girl - who I was remotely friends with. And by that, I mean, she knew my name. And I'd be 'madly in love with her' but I've let her know I liked her, and I'd spend my nights wishing she was with me instead of whoever the guy she was dating was.

Of course, nothing would ever happen with her. She was more attractive, more popular, smarter, hell, she was even a better athlete than I was!

My junior year, I met a girl in class. Thank god for group projects! She was...just like me! She was kinda shy, kinda socially awkward and acne too! We were a match made in ...well...purgatory :) I remember being so jealous when I realised just how much of her acne she could hide with make-up. I also remember being soooo grossed out when she wanted to touch my face. I'd flinch back and wonder how anyone could want to touch my nasty zits (I still wonder this, lol).

Anyway, I tend to ramble on here - but my point is, I dated this girl for over a year and I went to dances, and I gave her flowers and she'd call me when she had a bad day, and all that sappy relationship type crap. I had a lot of fun with her - and she didn't seem to mind that I had acne, a funny looking face, an oversized head and an unbelievably scrawny body.

Man, you're the smartest person I've ever seen outside of a mirror.

Must be the name :dance:

God! i have never had a girlfriend ever!

iam 28 aswell

i may aswell be gay (but iam not)

Iam so convince that no woman would ever go out with me that i dont even bother to try dating.

Why not?