Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Everything we eat is bad...

You guys miss the point entirely.

If you applied the same logic to topical threads, it could be included that all topicals are bad since there is always one person who breaks out from them.

a.k.a. OMGS ALL TOP1CALS R BAD 2 SO 4V0ID THEM LIKE PL4GU3!!!!!!!!

but with diet there's so much food out there, and everyone says that cutting out a certain group will clear you...... the problem is they cover every food!

screw that. I say eat healthy, not deny yourself a particular type of food.

Nobody advocates cutting out every food group except fruitarians. Once again, ITS ALL INDIVIDUAL - one food that's fine for someone else could break me out, and vice versa. The key is finding out what breaks you out and avoiding it. Too many people don't know any alternative ways of eating to the way they eat now as well, for example. There's a whole world out there eating a thousand different native diets, to denounce any other way of eating is very narrowminded.

Who actually says cut out all this and that? most people say "this [insert food] breaks me out, so i dont eat it" some people eat complex diets that involve cutting out many food groups, and avoiding even healthy foods, but these aren't long-term diets, these people are in the process of finding what's right for them through elimination, no-one's saying that's healthy its just a way (cheap) of finding food sensitivities.

When someone suspects thay have say... a nut problem, then there's nothing wrong with cutting them out. you don't need nuts to live (a tranny told me that) there are 100's of healthy foods avoiding a few isn't bad, in the processed, fast-food, coca cola world we live in, the majority of people don't eat ANY healthy foods never mind base there whole diet on them.

IMO the problem isn't the diets, its the people who read "apples break me out" and interpret it as "apples cause acne".

Even if I wanted to try a diet.. I don't have a voice in our food choices >_>;;

When I get my own job, and place.. or whatever I will become healthy l0lx

Hey R.S:

I have a question. You said that some people break out from different things and i agree with you. But how do you know what you break out from?? Is there a certain amount of time youll notice that blemish/pimple/redness from when you consume the food? Will you experience disgestion discomfort with it? I have put back peanut butter in my diet and im thinking its giving me little whiteheads on my neck/chest, but how is to say that is it, guess it could be the starbucks crap I drink everyday.

I just dont know how someone can pinpoint a certain food to a breakout.

What drives me nuts are those topics created: "SUGAR MAKES YOU BREAK OUT", "DO NOT EAT THIS", even worse when they're acknowledged in caps, as represented here in my description. Sharing one's opinion is great, but I don't need others advocating WHAT I MUST eat. We're all individuals, people break out on certain foods, other don't. Some find no correlation at all. I've eaten LOADS of pizza over the month, inc. takeaway and junkfood (thanks Uni and these awful exams coming up) and I have had no problem whatsoever. Maybe I'll start my own thread.

Hey R.S:

I have a question. You said that some people break out from different things and i agree with you. But how do you know what you break out from?? Is there a certain amount of time youll notice that blemish/pimple/redness from when you consume the food? Will you experience disgestion discomfort with it? I have put back peanut butter in my diet and im thinking its giving me little whiteheads on my neck/chest, but how is to say that is it, guess it could be the starbucks crap I drink everyday.

I just dont know how someone can pinpoint a certain food to a breakout.

You just have to be observant. For example,

I have always been dairy intolerant since birth. I cut out dairy and my skin improved, Not clear, but improved. Satyed off for a few months then I wanted to try adding in kefir. Satarting frinking two servings a day. 4-5 days later I broke out around my mouth. 3-4 breakouts on my upper lip after it was clear for months. I cut dairy out again and I haven't had a single breakout around my mouth. Dairy seems to only affect my mouth area.

Fish, on the other hand, produces a huge allergic response. 4-5 nodules in 12-24 hours and then more later. Pretty obvious with that one. Cut out fish for a couple months then tried adding 2 fish oil pills per day. And the nodules came a running. I got the same painful forehead ones that took 3-4 weeks to go away. Cut out fish again and haven't had a single nodule since.

Experimentation and observe locations where you breakout and the type of breakout. Try to distinguish patterns.