Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unripegreenbanana

Okay, I'm now sleeping up to 13 hours a day

So i'm now on my 7th month of isotane.. still taking a while to get rid of pimples.. derm upped me to 4 pills a night (i'm 74kg/163 pounds) (is that too high?? lol)

Anyway, since I work in a restaurant I always sleep in.. anyway but last night I slept a record 13 hours straight.. never ever slept so deeply before.

One night I didn't take isotane.. and the next day I felt GREAT!! :D

Your thoughts please.. (should I ride it out or what?) :)

Time for sleep again for me.. no doubt i'll be "The Dream Machine" once again tonight :sleep:

Flatmates get the perception of me being very lazy. :(

don't worry, that's perfectly normal, I'm only on 20mg but been on it for over a year now. I sleep like a cat. :lol:

I have the same problem it's the worst side-effect IMHO. I was barely able to do the things I needed when I was sleeping 7 hours a night. Now I need 10!!!

I haven't been to the gym or for a run since I began Accutane. I'm in the middle of rehabbing an old property - I haven't done any work on it, since beginning Accutane.

If it doesnt' get better, I dunno what I'm gonna do. Stop taking Accutane maybe? :(

I'm fairly sure its not in your head. I noticed the same thing when I started the tane and I still do and I didnt even know this was a side effect people complained about. I can really only afford to get 7 or 8 hours if i'm lucky but I really need upwards of 10. I started drinking coffee which really helps me get through mornings!

So sleeping deeply for 13 hours straight is "in the head"? :eh:

Well I just woke up.. I actually am getting a lil addicted to caffiene.

I want to get on with things in general life but i'm just so larthargic atm! :confused:

So sleeping deeply for 13 hours straight is "in the head"? :eh:

Well I just woke up.. I actually am getting a lil addicted to caffiene.

I want to get on with things in general life but i'm just so larthargic atm! :confused:

Me too. Ugh - I just don't have time to accomplish anything. I loaded up on caffeine pills today; ugh. Hopefully they will help.

Tomorrow I start my training for the next Chicago Marathon :P And I'm going to force myself to run and get to the gym to lift regardless of how tired I am. This sucks though :(

JMTuF1 wrote:

are you depressed or in a down mood? Because alot of times when im in a depressed down and bored mood, I'm tired and I wanna sleep all day.

I'm nor in a down or depressed mood, thankfully.. and havn't been down at all while during the course. :)

I have become more closed though.

i dunno then. all i can say is make yourself sleep less. your body adapts and adjusts, so start cutting down your sleep at any costs. your body will eventually adjust to this. today i was tired enough to take an afternoon nap even though i slept from 2-12pm, and by 4ish i wanted to fall asleep, but i made myself stay up and keep going.

It's a normal side effect. Actually, I made a post about this some time ago. I noticed that Amnesteem made me feel overly fatigued. I never was a napper. Naps always made me feel terrible and groggy, but this drug turned me into a serial napper. I would take 4 hour naps everyday. Out of nowhere, I would develope this sudden urge to lay down and sleep for hours. It'll be interesting to se if my fatigue goes away once this medicine is out of my system.

JMTuF1 wrote:

are you depressed or in a down mood? Because alot of times when im in a depressed down and bored mood, I'm tired and I wanna sleep all day.

I'm nor in a down or depressed mood, thankfully.. and havn't been down at all while during the course. :)

I have become more closed though.

I've been pretty tired since starting too.

Prior to tane, I was working out at least 5 times a week, which included running, spinning and 40 mi bike rides.

I've been to the gym once in the last month.

It's in your head.

Basically if you stop thinking that accutane is doing this to you (which it's not).... you'll stop.

Jess, fatigue is a known side effect of Accutane that many people experience. It's not always all in the head.

I don't know how the rest of you all are doing - but I've been feeling better. I'm still more tired than normal - but I'm able to do things again.

I went running today! It was awesome.

It's in your head.

Basically if you stop thinking that accutane is doing this to you (which it's not).... you'll stop.

You are not a doctor so you are not qualified to discern between what is "in one's head" and what is a legitimate side effect. I've only started reading this board but from what I can tell, you are extremely dismissive of other people's reports of side effects and you act like this is some wonder drug that should be worshipped, without question. If it is for you, fantastic. But please don't belittle other people that are posting about things they are experiencing while taking the drug- isn't that the whole point of this forum? Unless you are a paid representative of Rouche or something, frankly I don't understand why you feel the need to attack anyone with side effects and essentially call them crazy ("it's in your head"). MOST drugs have side effects, so for alot of people on here, their symptoms ARE because of the drug. I don't see why you can't just let people post about their own experiences without being such a know it all.

OP- I too am sleeping as long as you, I'm not sure what to do about it but I agree it's totally annoying. It's pretty frustrating to feel so lazy, but if the body sleeps that long- I guess it's what the body needs. I'm going to talk to my dr about it next visit and see if there's anything I can do to stop feeling so lethargic all the time and stop these marathon sleep sessions.

It's in your head.

Jess, is addiction all in your head? What about weight loss problems? Anxiety? Depression?

So i'm now on my 7th month of isotane.. still taking a while to get rid of pimples.. derm upped me to 4 pills a night (i'm 74kg/163 pounds) (is that too high?? lol)

Anyway, since I work in a restaurant I always sleep in.. anyway but last night I slept a record 13 hours straight.. never ever slept so deeply before.

One night I didn't take isotane.. and the next day I felt GREAT!! :D

Your thoughts please.. (should I ride it out or what?) :)

Time for sleep again for me.. no doubt i'll be "The Dream Machine" once again tonight :sleep:

Flatmates get the perception of me being very lazy. :(

Can you set your alarm so you don't sleep so long? You really only need 8 or 9 hours, don't you think?

Ya know, sometimes I sleep and wake up at a normal hour but then decide to fall back asleep. To lazy to get out of bed. Sometimes I end up sleeping 3 more hours!

Try getting up and running or walking or stretching.

I dunno. Just a thought.

It's in your head.

umm just cause your not experiencing any of these sides effects doesnt mean its all in our heads, i made a deal with myself i wasnt going to blame accutane for any of my problems but i know for a fact that its causing extreame fatigue, i cant stop sleeping lol

Oh wow I didn't know that was a side effect of accutane & I was wondering why I've been tired lately. The other day I slept like 10 hours and it was some kind of record for me.

I haven't had headaches or any changes to my mood though, luckily.

LOL, you people need alarm clocks :lol:.

I must admit, though, a few weeks ago I did a 12 hour sleep session. Feel asleep at 10pm and woke up at 7am, got up, let the dog out, peed and went back to bed till 10am. But I think I was coming down with a cold. I fought it off by sleeping.

Fatigue sucks. It is the one side effect of ANY drug that I cannot tolerate. It actually makes me depressed. :cry: . Then I get on a RedBull or latte kick and that makes it worse.

They need to develop a drug to conteract fatigue in meds like this.

I think sleeping more than eight hours is part of being young. Im not on Accutane and I need like ten hours of sleep a day in order to feel refreshed and not feel tired during the day

Guest Mankind

Someone in one of these thread few weeks ago mentioned how mice got fatigued when given isotretinoin but I think any animal would be fatigued if poked, prodded and tested on all day. Could be true but I doubt it. I think whenever people get anything while on accutane they automatically believe the drug has caused it.

Everyone needs longer sleep every now and again to recharge their batteries fully, no matter how old or young they are. Maybe you were tired without realising.

Also, normally when I sleep longer I feel more fatigued than when I get 7/8 hours sleep so take that into consideration also.

accutane does make you more tired, its a proven fact. Its kinda weird.... somedays i can stay up all night, and some day i go to sleep at like 8 and sleep for like 13 hours. I do beleive stress coupled with depression, anxiety and how much a person excerted themselves that day also plays into account in how many hours of sleep they get. I dont know... im not a doctor and i bet most of them dont even know... well its 7am and ive been up all night and im gonna go to sleep right now, i say i wake up at around 3pm today(Presidents Day NO School)