Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MON3Y

Lactic Acid...

Is Lactic Acid Bad or good? Becouse i found like 5 Bottles In my basement that the 1st Ingrident was Lactic Acid but when i rubed it in my face for a while it got all soapy and dident burn or itch at all... so what kinda lactic acid could this be?? oh yea i apply it evey day 3 times..

lactic acid. An alpha hydroxy acid extracted from milk, though most forms used in cosmetics are synthetic. It exfoliates cells on the surface of skin by breaking down the material that holds skin cells together. It may irritate mucous membranes and cause irritation. See AHA.

this is on paula's fabulous website...all you need t know about the chemicals you put on your face is in the extensive ingredient list.

in my personal opinion, ALWAYS check before putting something on your skin...remember, the skin on our faces are living, breathing things! be gentle with your face no matter how bad your acne is.

lactic acid. An alpha hydroxy acid extracted from milk, though most forms used in cosmetics are synthetic. It exfoliates cells on the surface of skin by breaking down the material that holds skin cells together. It may irritate mucous membranes and cause irritation. See AHA.

this is on paula's fabulous website...all you need t know about the chemicals you put on your face is in the extensive ingredient list.

in my personal opinion, ALWAYS check before putting something on your skin...remember, the skin on our faces are living, breathing things! be gentle with your face no matter how bad your acne is.

^^??^^

so this means what? i just ask if this Lactic acid was suppose to peel like glyclolic acid or something..cuz this lactic acid is all soapy..

this lactic acid has no % its called harmony facial foam and the 1st ingridient is lactic acid so dunno

harmony facial FOAM - that's the explanation for soapy

lactic acid as an ingredient in products doesn't have the same effect as lactic acid sold in its pure form. of course it won't burn or tingle

and be careful w/ products you find in basement - who knows why they're in there. and check the expiry date