Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thEneXtChaPter

its days like today that accutane paid off

since i've complained about accutane because of my back pain, and since i've been angry at times for taking accutane, heres where it paid off.....

today was my cousins wedding, so i had to look good for it. So i had a really nice suit, got a really nice haircut yestarday, and my chin-strap beard was freshly trimmed and neat. I got alot of compliments on my appearance tonight and i was actually happy with how i presented myself.

When looking in the mirror today right before leaving for the wedding, i was thinking to myself, acne would fuckin ruin this all. This suit, this haircut, my neat beard, all would go to waiste, and it wouldn't even matter to get a haircut where a nice suit or even keep a neat beard, beause acne would kill it all.

Almost 4 months post tane, and my skin is starting to improve even more. right now my skin is at the point where people wouldn't even associate acne with me when looking at me.

My face still isn't the same as it once was,(before i ever had acne) but lately it sure is close.

Accutane was 5 months of hell and with bad side effects, and now the only linguring side effect i still have is a back that aches at times and can be frustrating, but today it all paid off all that touble with accutane. I never stopped and credited the drug because it took a long time to work for me and even after finishing i had some nasty red spots at times.. but the red spots have taken care of themselves and all is good, and today i realized that i was suffering fom the good end of accutane for the day.

So accutane has its positive and negatives. lately all I've done is complain about accutane and how im so upset over my back. but today my face was good and allowed me to go out and have a good appearance and feel better.

yeh ive realised that uve always had negative things to say bout tane is ur past posts so its good 2 c u post a positive post :) congrats and im happy its actually paying off :dance:

I really hope that going through hell isn't the only way you can tell if your acne will go into remission for good or for a period of at least 1-2 years. My treatment in general has been easy, but these last 2 months have been a fuggin breeze. Dry lips, MILD lower back pain, and a rash on my arms that goes away with moisturizer. Normal bloodtests, minimal dryness on the face. I'm taking the recommended dosage too. It just feels TOO easy - but I don't have any acne now, just marks.

IDK

I really hope that going through hell isn't the only way you can tell if your acne will go into remission for good or for a period of at least 1-2 years. My treatment in general has been easy, but these last 2 months have been a fuggin breeze. Dry lips, MILD lower back pain, and a rash on my arms that goes away with moisturizer. Normal bloodtests, minimal dryness on the face. I'm taking the recommended dosage too. It just feels TOO easy - but I don't have any acne now, just marks.

IDK

yeah. it feels too easy for me too. i'm thinking "where are all the bad side effects everyone told me about." but my skin is clearing up and hopefully it will stay that way.

IDK

nah side effects have nothing to do with the effectiveness of treatment. so you can have no side effects and really benefit from accutane. for me it would be even more of a bitch if acne came back after all that hell i went through.

since i've complained about accutane because of my back pain, and since i've been angry at times for taking accutane, heres where it paid off.....

today was my cousins wedding, so i had to look good for it. So i had a really nice suit, got a really nice haircut yestarday, and my chin-strap beard was freshly trimmed and neat. I got alot of compliments on my appearance tonight and i was actually happy with how i presented myself.

When looking in the mirror today right before leaving for the wedding, i was thinking to myself, acne would fuckin ruin this all. This suit, this haircut, my neat beard, all would go to waiste, and it wouldn't even matter to get a haircut where a nice suit or even keep a neat beard, beause acne would kill it all.

Almost 4 months post tane, and my skin is starting to improve even more. right now my skin is at the point where people wouldn't even associate acne with me when looking at me.

My face still isn't the same as it once was,(before i ever had acne) but lately it sure is close.

Accutane was 5 months of hell and with bad side effects, and now the only linguring side effect i still have is a back that aches at times and can be frustrating, but today it all paid off all that touble with accutane. I never stopped and credited the drug because it took a long time to work for me and even after finishing i had some nasty red spots at times.. but the red spots have taken care of themselves and all is good, and today i realized that i was suffering fom the good end of accutane for the day.

So accutane has its positive and negatives. lately all I've done is complain about accutane and how im so upset over my back. but today my face was good and allowed me to go out and have a good appearance and feel better.

Truly a great notion that should be weighted by all struggling accutane users.

what the hell is wrong with this thread lol. I just noticed the dates of the posts are off lol. I made this thread today at 3:38 AM, and there were responses to it today, but it says all the responses were yestarday afternoon when i was at the party with the idea that led to this thread!

But to add to what i said in regards to yestarday, there will be more days to enjoy like this. I'm finally going to stop being lame and boring, im going to a NYC club in a couple weeks, which is something I definately would not of wanted to do, and something no way in hell I would do this time a year ago.

but hey if my back should ache on the day of my fireman physical then i will be mad at accutane all over again!!! lol.

after reading all this i CANT WAITTTTTTT til this shit is over, it will b money well spent all girls girls and more girls but most imprtently, great health and self esteem that wouldn't have me look at the floor all the time

How long did it take for u to stop getting actives?Or did u break out throughout your course?

I bke out til the end bro lol. And right when i thought I stopped breaking out my last month, just like that I got a big pimple right in the middle of my face. but I've been clear ever since I finished and no pimples. ND my red marks have gotten better since i stopped.

Aww congratulations! I'm happy to hear Accutane gave back your confidance. It feels so wonderful to finally not have to stress over our skin, something that we have no control over. Good luck to you and I hope you have continued success with both your skin and your life.