Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tayrayuf

What the hell is going on?!?!?!?!?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I have been clear skinned for a long time.. all summer I was clear.. than I started to break out because of a sweaty dirty job I had... I was clear all spring.. now all the sudden.. I am noticing a few nasty pimples.. and this is the same time as when i started breaking out last year... What the hell? Does Acne have a schedule???

I didnt change my diet - sleep - medication - etc..

Is it normal for a person with greaseless skin to have acne anyway? The rest of my body doesnt get acne.. although I do have Keratosis on my arms....

But anyway.. I cant live this way... I cant go out with my friends.. talk to girls... or even go out of the house.. its not terrible.. but bad in contrast to everyother college kid I see.. Nobody has acne in any of my classes...

All I want is a piece of advice...

What has been working for me is:

Twice A Day

---------------

Dove Moisturizer Bar

Neutrogena Combination Moisturizer

Same thing At Night But I swap the Moisturizer for Aloe Vera

If it kept me clear all summer.. and a few months ago.. you guys think I should stick with it... I am so tempted to see a derm and get some retina... All I know is that BP doesnt work.. it actually makes me get worse..

HEEEEEELLPPP

Have you tried Salicylic Acid? It sounds like your pores clog easily, even without having greasy skin. SA doesn't work for me, but it might for your type of acne. just using a SA cleanser might help.

I have been sort of intrigued at that Phisoderm Clear Confidence Wash... its 2% S.A... my roommate uses it and his face is pristine... hmmm.. this wash could make or break me, what a dillema..

All I know is that BP had no good affect on me.. so maybe S.A is something to look into?? I mean.. its very amazing that I have no grease on my face and I break out... I get a lil grease on my nose from time to time.. but still.. thats not where i break out..

The only thing I know for a fact in your regimen that could be causing acne is the Dove soap. Try switching to one of the cleansers from Dan's regimen because none of them are acne causing.

your acne sounds A LOT like mine. It got worse at the beginning of school for some reason, and i stopped using the SA wash i had been. After 3 weeks of shitty skin, i went back to the SA, and within a week, my skin was almost blemish free. I'd say definately go for the SA wash.

Just bought some guys.. !!

Hey Pro Stealth: What sort of skin do you have.. is it oily or smooth and dry like mine?