Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoHopeLeft

Nice Features vs. Nice Skin

I was assigned a project for psych class recently, where we had to go to a specific place, and watch how different people interacted. We had to answer a myriad of questions: Do good-looking people react with more confidence? Do people of a particular race stay together? e.g. you get the idea.

However, there was one thing I noticed that struck me as incredibly odd. There were people with beautiful skin, and then there were people with beautiful features. More often than not, those with beautiful skin were left with either unattractive or plain features. And those with moderate to even severe acne had gorgeous features.

In fact, everyone who I have seen on this forum have beautiful features.

Has anyone else noticed this? I may be anaylzing too quickly.

I mean, do beautiful skin/plain features and average skin/gorgeous features strike some sort of equilibrium? Is there a reason for it? I just thought that notion to be intriguing.

Maybe average skin prevents us from becoming vain or self-centered early in life, so that after we grow out of it (hopefully!) we have already learned an important lesson.

Guest *mike*

Trust me, if I ever win the lottery i'll be a plastic surgeon's dream! hahaha

LoL - Sounds like wishfull thinking to me.

Word. I see beautiful people with nice skin and nice features everyday I take a bus or whatever.

The pictures you've seen on these forums are arguably just the people with good features. I'm sure there are more people with acne and not so attractive features. Most people with good features that I know of seem to have good skin.

I think your theory is hilarious. But I'm thinking that so many people have acne in some form or the other that it spans both attractive faces and attractive features, and the opposite of both. Its just who you're looking at really

yes, i think i like my face more then my skin. its just too bad skin is a foundation for your face. thats why accutane saved me and i was happy again, but even now, 6months since ive stopped, ive lost that glow...it may come back again. it has slightly on my forehead.

Don't know if I really agree with that. I have crappy skin and average/less than average features.

Don't know if I really agree with that. I have crappy skin and average/less than average features.

Everyone thinks that about theirselves. Unless of course they're completely stuck on themselves.

Everyone thinks that about theirselves. Unless of course they're completely stuck on themselves.

uh, no..ppl are their own worst critics. but unless your blind, u know if u have nice features or not. just how i knew my skin was clear or full of bumps.

uh, no..ppl are their own worst critics. but unless your blind, u know if u have nice features or not. just how i knew my skin was clear or full of bumps.

Exactly. People always tell me that I have cute features and my skin doesn't look all that bad. But when I look in the mirror I see crappy skin and really don't think I have great features. When I say stuck on themselves I mean like obsessed with their looks. But most people don't usually brag or speak highly of their features even if they know they have them!

I don't think acne affects any specific people.

But where I live not a lot of people have acne, which made me feel like crap when I went through the most severe stages. Even now, with it pretty mild, I never see anyone with acne like mine, ever. :/

I go through stages of bad acne and stages of having no acne at all... a big rollercoaster. So I don't fit any theory, haha!

P.S. Nice Icon, NoHopeLeft! Go House! :)

hmmm...neber thought about that theory befroe!

But i definately have horrible skin AND absolutely horrible features too! So the theory doesnt work on me =(

when God distributed the beauty in the world, I doubt he had a "beautiful skin" line and a "beautiful features" line. if he did, then alot of people somehow snuck into the other line. and God wouldn't like that..... :naughty:

there is no "pattern" with acne. it is just one of the random assortments in that indifferent genetic bag.