Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fitness_Freakazoid

Foods that cause ACNE Thread

Well ... I dont think any "food" in particular caused me to breakout (not that I know of) Cause I only breakout due to my period because if It wasnt from that then my complexion would have pimples all of the time but its only before my period.

Anyways, back to the food. I must say that foods high in sugars like sodas, chocolate and candies etc ... contributed to my complexion cause I found I broke out worse when eating those foods.

Anyone else got any ???

You just said two different things...

Not to be a dick but threads like these are made on a weekly basis.

Wheat, dairy, sugar, processed food, caffeine, alcohol, heavily fried foods from restaurants, spicy foods: those are a good idea of what causes people to break out.

Things that generally don't cause people to break out: all leafy greens, most to all vegetables, nuts (unless allergic), eggs (unless allergic), rice (hypoallergenic for the most part), most fruits (unless blood sugar problems are an issue), meat somewhat (controversial), legumes, whole foods.

Most people that are on this forum generally have a problem with a couple things on that list (for example, I haven't found that spicy foods break ME out but others have had a problem with it), so it's a highly individualized thing.

You just said two different things...

Not to be a dick but threads like these are made on a weekly basis.

Wheat, dairy, sugar, processed food, caffeine, alcohol, heavily fried foods from restaurants, spicy foods: those are a good idea of what causes people to break out.

Things that generally don't cause people to break out: all leafy greens, most to all vegetables, nuts (unless allergic), eggs (unless allergic), rice (hypoallergenic for the most part), most fruits (unless blood sugar problems are an issue), meat somewhat (controversial), legumes, whole foods.

Most people that are on this forum generally have a problem with a couple things on that list (for example, I haven't found that spicy foods break ME out but others have had a problem with it), so it's a highly individualized thing.

And are whole grains like whole wheat good and whole wheat bagels?

And I eat 99.9 % clean all week and every saturday i have a cheat and i eat like 4,000 calories worth of junk. Could that cause a breakout even tho i dont eat it all week. Just one day.

Well, if you literally mean that 4,000 calories then yeah that's not gonna be good.

Whole wheat can still aggravate people's skin because it's the gluten found in wheat that is the problem (present in everything made with wheat, barley, or rye, and oats are often contaminated).

Well, if you literally mean that 4,000 calories then yeah that's not gonna be good.

Whole wheat can still aggravate people's skin because it's the gluten found in wheat that is the problem (present in everything made with wheat, barley, or rye, and oats are often contaminated).

Yeah but no offence, i wouldnt give that up for anything because I dont think anyone should only have to eat lettuce.

According to most ppl on this website (from what ive read) sugar can cause acne, including the kind in fruits, whole grains, whole wheat, all the foods that are bad like chocolate, peanut butter, other butters, milk, eggs sometimes, touching your face can cause acne too...

Seriously ,,, I think its all a matter of opinion and personal experience. Having a nice complexion is one thing ... being crazy obsessed is another and I cant grasp the fact that those foods contribute to acne, and not in my case anyways.

And yup ... I eat 4,000 calories + some on Saturdays. I am very active ... I body build but I eat like 900 on weekdays. So its like a cheat.

The only foods I know that have actually been proven to influence acne is iodine rich foods like kelp, and some sources say dairy products espically skim milk. I avoid dairy products, soda, most simple sugars and processed foods.

Yeah but no offence, i wouldnt give that up for anything because I dont think anyone should only have to eat lettuce.

According to most ppl on this website (from what ive read) sugar can cause acne, including the kind in fruits, whole grains, whole wheat, all the foods that are bad like chocolate, peanut butter, other butters, milk, eggs sometimes, touching your face can cause acne too...

Seriously ,,, I think its all a matter of opinion and personal experience. Having a nice complexion is one thing ... being crazy obsessed is another and I cant grasp the fact that those foods contribute to acne, and not in my case anyways.

You missed the point the first time through then, so I'll put it here again: no one said everyone has to avoid ALL the possible trigger foods for acne because it's all individualized and peanut butter could be fine for me but poison for someone else. The key is to find your triggers.