Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.:ElfenRose:.

Slightly worried..

Okay so I've ordered all the recommended products to get started and I literally can't wait. I wanted to try this regime before I started on anything like accutane. I've been lurking on here for quite a while now, reading alot of stuff to try and figure out what's best for me, but I am slightly worried. My skin gets irritated quite easily, it gets dry and also extremely greasy in some places.

My mum has been the only one to stick by me while I've had acne.. I told her how excited I was about this new regime then mentioned about the benzoyl peroxide - she literally gave me a look like this > o__O; Warning me about how it can make my skin really flaky and such. I'm just a little disheartened that it's going to make my skin worse than it already is. :redface:

Just need a little reassurance if possible from someone who has been on the CSR, or is currently on it and has/had skin that sounded like mine and has cleared up, or currently clearing up. ^^;

Thanks <3

Okay so I've ordered all the recommended products to get started and I literally can't wait. I wanted to try this regime before I started on anything like accutane. I've been lurking on here for quite a while now, reading alot of stuff to try and figure out what's best for me, but I am slightly worried. My skin gets irritated quite easily, it gets dry and also extremely greasy in some places.

My mum has been the only one to stick by me while I've had acne.. I told her how excited I was about this new regime then mentioned about the benzoyl peroxide - she literally gave me a look like this > o__O; Warning me about how it can make my skin really flaky and such. I'm just a little disheartened that it's going to make my skin worse than it already is. :redface:

Just need a little reassurance if possible from someone who has been on the CSR, or is currently on it and has/had skin that sounded like mine and has cleared up, or currently clearing up. ^^;

Thanks <3

Never fear :angel:

Benzoyl Peroxide can make your skin slightly red and dry, but the BP that Dan sells is only 2.5% BP as opposed to 10% BP. Just make sure to moisturize afterwards. I recommend Oil of Olay Beauty Fluid. Best of luck to you on the regimen :P

Thanks <3

If you truly stick to the regimen and use the recommended products you will be happy you did. To be honest, it's a hard road in the beginning. Your skin will get itchy and red but after a couple months, you will notice a difference. I've been doing CSR for two and a half months and my face is no longer red, itchy or breaking out. If I do break out, it's gone by the next day. I have struggled with acne for 12 years and have tried just about everything. CSR is the only regimen that has worked for me. I would suggest trying it but, realize that you need to stick with it for about three months before you see the full benefits.

Good luck!

Thanks <3

Hi,

Yours and your mom's concerns are understandable. Benzoyl Peroxide can cause redness and drying. But what makes the CSR unique is that Dan recommends a very low percentage of benzoyl peroxide, just 2.5%, and he also recommends everyone use a moisturizer to help keep the skin balanced and hydrated and healthy looking. Since you already know you have sensitive skin, I would recommend you be sure and start out low and slow with the amount of BP you use. Don't start out using the full amount, start out using about 1/4 finger lenth for the first week to let your skin get accustomed to it easier. And definitely get yourself a good quality hyrating moisturizer. We'll help you along the way so don't hesitate to post when/if you have questions or problems arise.

Good luck!

Thankyou so much guys, that has made me so happy. Fingers crossed this works. Just have to wait 2-3 more weeks for the products to come through so I can get started. xD.

Really, thanks a bunch guys. Panic over. <3