Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know, I know; it's only been a week....but I wanted to bitch. And nobody knows I'm on Accutane and I don't want to have to explain it all to people I know. So, I'm gonna bitch here :P

Acne is almost twice as bad. More pimples at a time than ever, and they are bigger and nastier.

Skin on my face is a nasty mix of extremely dry and peeling or covered in an oily zit. Ewww

Lips are dry and painful.

But that's not the worst part. I'm tired. SO TIRED! I fell asleep at my desk on Wed. and then again on Thursday. My manager was not happy at all. Keep in mind, I'm pretty old (23) so this isn't a high school $7.50 who cares what happens kind of a job. Friday I had a huge presentation infront of the whole company; the whole reason I went to my derm for accutane (I tried getting it two months earlier) was because I wanted to look professional for work....but there I was with the worst acne I've ever had, looking like I was 16, giving a presentation I was unprepared for (because I was sleeping 10-12 hours a night and didn't have the time or energy to work on it!!!!)

I used to hit the gym 3x a week. I haven't been because I have no energy. I'm also planning on doing a marathon next year; I've got a training schedule and everything....but I can't bring myself to do anything but work and sleep.

This weekend there are a bunch of Halloween parties. I was really, really looking forward to going. Now I'll stay at home. Why? Because I have no energy, I'll fall asleep before 8pm, I'm not supposed to drink, my lips make talking painful, my contacts hurt my eyes, my face is peeling and I have more acne that I've ever had.

---

Anyway, done ranting. At least I have NetFlicks. Can you all tell me..

1.) How long it was before your initial breakout(s) were finished and your skin got better?

2.) When, if ever, the extreme fatigue went away or got better?

3.) When, if ever, the dry skin/lips went away or got better?

Thanks

1.) How long it was before your initial breakout(s) were finished and your skin got better?

1) about 3 months they stopped

2) i nver get tired on accutane

3) they'l go away a while after u get off accutane. as you get a higher accutane dose sideffects are worse.

Thanks

1. It's only been a month for me on accutane. I am still breaking out here and there but no painful cysts since about 2 weeks ago. I do have one monster zit that I am about to pop.

2. RedBull

3. Dry lips are here to stay but are much better than 2 weeks ago. I use Dr. Dan's Cortibalm and Aquaphor.

Anyway, done ranting. At least I have NetFlicks. Can you all tell me..

Thanks

1 - I'm only on day 10, but I did have a lil initial breakout the first week or so. Right now I look alright, just one slight bump cyst thing above my brow.

2 - tiredness has never been a factor. no change.

3 - My lips are drier than normal, but I just use the chapstick w/ mositurizer (and spf 15). I bought a thing of Aquaphor to put on my lips or upper lip, if needed. I haven't had to use it yet.

1. The first time was so long ago that i can't honestly say. Second time i don't think i got a significant IB.

2. Only got fatigue the first time and it cleared i'd say two months after.

3. Dry skin/lips 2 months to clear to something reasonable, but i was always drier than i was before.

I had physical fatigueness while on accutane. Fatiguee and tired are two different things. Accutane gave me fatigueness meaning i would get faint and dizzy feeling when playing sports.. tired i suffered as well, dont know if i should blame accutane for that... Are you depressed? Because when im depressed i tend to not sleep well at night which makes me tired the next day all day, then i fall asleep as soon as i get home from class at 4:30, then wake up 3 hours later only to fall back asleep in another 3 hours.