Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Can BP leave scars?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm a 17 yo boy. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now (as I started to use BP 4 weeks ago). I'll maybe tell you my story later, but as for now I have some questions that need answers concerning BP.

So as I told you, I began using BP about 4 weeks ago. At the begining my skin got cleared fastly, but then I began to dry and peel like hell... So I started to wonder how to solve that problem and then I found out that I should use a less drying cleanses and a moisturizing. Now I thought everything would be fine, and it was, as my acne began to slowly disapear...

But lately, another (and worse) problem appeared: about 4 or 5 days ago, "scars" (I'm not sure they are scars but they really look like scars) began to appear on my forehead!!! Now I must admit that I did squeeze a couple of spots on it, as I did on some other parts of my head, but I never had any scars (except one)!! And I've had acne for 4 years now :wall: (p.s.: the scars came out from nowhere). I'm really scared because even though acne is still number one on my list of problems, I could still think that it would disapear someday when I'll be an adult or sooner with the help of BP, but scars are way more problematic as they're permanent and need expensive treatments to make them disapear (and it's not even permanent)!!

I read that it might be red marks or some other stuff like that... wich I hope they are, but I have serious doubts q.q.

So here are my questions:

1) Can BP leave scars?

2) If yes, are they permanent or will they disapear someday?

3) Is it because I'm using a 5% BP?

4) Will I have more scars appearing or not?

5) Why only on my forehead when I've also had and still have acne on the other parts of my face?

Thanks for your answers, and sorry if I made a few English mistakes, as it isn't my first language.

I've got 4 scars (2 of wich I've had for a long time now) that are some sort of little gap, they're not red though (but now that you're asking, I've also got small spots on my forehead and some of them are a bit red so I can't really figure). And I've got small "lines" on my forehead hardly noticeable exept when I check it out in front of a mirror. I so wish I had a perfect skin... (or at least clean).

Edit: Correction, they're red on my forehead.

I've got 4 scars (2 of wich I've had for a long time now) that are some sort of little gap, they're not red though (but now that you're asking, I've also got small spots on my forehead and some of them are a bit red so I can't really figure). And I've got small "lines" on my forehead hardly noticeable exept when I check it out in front of a mirror. I so wish I had a perfect skin... (or at least clean).

Edit: Correction, they're red on my forehead.

All right...the red "scars" are only red marks that will fade in time. The indented scarring will not fade unless you treat it. I don't think BP can lead to indented scarring, but I do know that it leaves temporary red marks from previous acne.

Thanks a lot! I'm still waiting for some other answers though... just in case.

No problem. It is understandable that you are waiting for more replies.

You shouldn't worry about indented scarring until you have clear skin. But for red marks, I've noticed that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is working well for me. However, be aware that there is an initial breakout with that product.

I am almost 100% positive BP does not CREATE scars. Thats for certain, however, you are probably experiencing those "scars" after your acne has been treated. This is pretty typical and although it may be a longer process for the "scars" to go away, its a whole lot better than having acne. Bottom line is if we were to live in a perfect world our face would be absolutely baby soft clear after our pimples go away but thats not the case. The skin still needs to recover from fighting off the acne and therefore most "scars" tend to heal over time so dont sweat it =] Like Dan says, take care of the acne first then start treating the scars with products such as "mederma", and other great stuff that people suggests

I think you should do the % of BP that's recommended with the CSR. Maybe the BP you're using is too strong, especially since your skin is still adjusting.

BP normally kills bacteria. I don't think it will scar you. It tends to shrink the zit, if left untreated, it may get infected worse, and scar.

From my own experience, I scar easily, and BP has helped me not to scar.

I agree with betty, it depends on your skin. I do scar pretty badly with CSR, but they tend to be very subtle.

I think you should do the % of BP that's recommended with the CSR. Maybe the BP you're using is too strong, especially since your skin is still adjusting.

I know but they didn't have that % here, they told me they could diluate the 5% or something but I prefer to stick with my 5% just in case...

But for the moment I can only use it once a day, I won't probably be able to use it twice a day soon, but I will try to do it twice a day, but only every 2 days or something.