Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackTheRed

Hey guys, need help with managing scarring

Think my days of acne are finally gone, been a long 6 or so years...so that leaves a lot of scars. Just wanted to know what kind of scars I seem to have, there's a LOT of large pores, rough texturing and discolored/patchy skin, and I wasn't entirely sure how i'd label/handle that kinda stuff esp. since my skin is kinda dark (so stuff like dermabrasion might be problematic, esp. since i'm out of the house most of the time). Is there any chance this will just go away after a while? or am I better off doing something about it? thanks

sorry bout the lack of quality in the pics, its the best i have ATM

post-7198-1162030475_thumb.jpg

post-7198-1162030483.jpg

post-7198-1162030475_thumb.jpg

post-7198-1162030483.jpg

I found Retin-A has helped tighten my large pores, improved my skin tone/texture and has got rid of most of my redness. It has not helped my indented scars much. Nevertheless, this may be something you could start with on your quest for better skin. I am not sure if you can use this if you have dark skin but if you can, you need to use it for at least 3 months for it to be effective and you must wear sunscreen during treatment but with damaged skin you should really be wearing it anyway because sun exposure can inhibit skin repair and this is something you should be aware of, especially if you are outside a lot like you mentioned.