Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jane

pinhole scarred pore type scars

I know this topic has been brought up before, I just can't remember when or what was said.

Anyway, does anyone know of a treatment that can help the pinhole or scarred pore type scars. These are the scars that are about the size of a head of a needle and indent into the skin a bit. I have several of these, a couple of which have red pigmentation. Would smoothbeam or needling help with these types or scars?

I have started to think about what everyone has been saying about retin-A micro and wonder if it would be a good thing for these types of scars. Denise 2 had mentioned that the older retin-A versions had pore clogging ingredients. Maybe this was part of the problem. I do have that dry, olive skin that tends to always break out so I am not sure.

Thanks, Jane

Jane, I've tried and done many things but imho, the Pure Deming gel everyone is raving about has done more for pore size/scarred pores than anything to date. You may want to give that a try. Dr. Perricone said in his book on acne that nothing refines skin and enlarged pores like the DMAE/ALA combination.

Check out the Pure Deming thread for more info.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have ordered the pure deming sample and will order the products.

I think my scarred pores came from lancing piples with a large amount of puss in them. Unfortuately, I have found no good way to treat them.

I have tried leaving them alone to the point that they have gotten so inflamed that I had to have a derm lance them causing much bigger scars.

My new goal is to prevent any more breatkouts. I thing that using the apple cider vinegar really stopped my most recent breatkout.

I really need to get Dr. Perricones book. It seems as if it has given you and Maya a lot of insight.

Have a great day!

Jane

Hey Jane biggrin.gif Yes, the Puredeming intense gel is really very good at refining the skin.

To denise 2 or who knows the answer

I believe TCA can be used to treated freckles on my body . how long is the downtime ? How much should i message it on my body? let's say i bought a 1/2 ounce off the e bay. should i mix it up with 1/2 ounce of diluted water then message it all over the freckles on my chest? In addition to that, what other stuffs i can buy off the e bay to speed up the healing process on my chest? As i have mentioned earlier on the other forum , i was on roccutane 4 months ago and it does me no good. i ended up with a lot of scars on my face. I think it's okay to message it on my chest as i have no scars or acnes on my chest, just freckles. Thanks to everyone.. This board does provides comphresive information about acne scars treatment.. I hope one day , we all can get rid of it

dcy: See my other reply to you about your birthmark. You could go to a derm and get a prescription for a 4% hydroquinone cream of some sort but I wouldn't treat my whole face at home with tca. It's just simply unbearable in terms of the pain. You have to get a shot or take a pill to put you in la-la land in order to handle the tca. Spot treating is different and not bad at all.

can a 4% hydroquinone cream erase freckles and birthmark? I dun think it will make a dramatic improvement or else no one will pay 2000 usd for a V beam treatment . I am a student, that's why i wanna pay for sth more affordable as to erase the freckles and birthmark i got all over my chest .. U think i need to be put into lala- land for TCA?!I can't just spill the 1/2 ounce TCA all over my chest and bear the pain ? DENISE 2THANK YOUR FOR YOUR SUGGESITON , ANYWAY

I can order 4% hydroquinone cream online without prescription . Have u or your frds tried that out before? how effective is it? It costs like 150 usd.. i mean if it just doesn;'t make any huge difference .. i won't bother trying it ..

dcy: Please do a word search on the computer about what tca is and what it does. It's a very powerful acid and must be used in a controlled environment.

The hydroquinone seems to work over time, but is not a miracle cure. I cannot tell you whether or not to get it and use it. That's totally up to you. I have heard it works well.

Denise - please be aware that dcychanhk has only been off Accutane for 4 months - I keep telling him/her that they cannot use invasive methods, but they seem deaf to that.

Yes Maya, I understand. I was only talking about this birthmark thing on the chest...THAT'S ALL!!! That's why I keep saying: GO TO THE DOCTOR AND DON'T DO THIS AT HOME OR YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR SKIN!!!

You are right, though.......they shouldn't be doing ANYTHING at this point. They need to go to their doctor and have a talk about future treatments. But....I do think that hydroquinone is ok for someone coming off Accutane. But like I said, I wasn't even talking about facial scars at all. I was trying to get them to see that tca doesn't even work on birthmarks, and I was trying to steer them towards hydroquinone.

I think that some people don't understand how powerful tca is!!! 8-[ :-s #-o

Denise - it's funny.. like even though I'd read your experiences on doing the TCA .. I still didn't quite get it - it's only when I experienced it on my face did I suddenly go - 'agrhhhhh, what have I done!'

i have some part of my skin have similar scars, they are small

like pinhole and they looks like open pore however i think

they are scars.

i'm going to needle my scar soon should i tell my makeup artist to

needle them as well?

Sorry . Denise2 . I understand that V beam can clear birthmark and freckles, but thee is one thing u should understand in my perspective . As a student , I can't afford a high cost treatment . I have freckles and moles and pigmentation all over my body and would like to clear them with more affordable option . V beam for my whole body can cost 10,000 usd i guess. ( or even more) I read some articles posted on the other web sites that TCA can clear wrinkles and pigmentation . I will wait for another 3 months , then start undergoing TCA on my own to try to clear them ( even if it doesn't work , it's worth to spend under 50 usd for a HOPE) I might seem very stubborn to you guys again i am sorry about that