Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jestex123

glycolic peel question...

I have a 40% glycolic acid (pH 2.4) that I'm using on a weekly basis in conjunction with retin-a, copper peptides and camellia oil. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a REALLY good peel with glycolic acid? Any advice on how to prep and apply will be greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any threads that you think I may find useful can you direct me to them? Thank You and Peace - jestex

If you wanted a really good peel, some people use a microdermabrasion cream like Epidermx II before their peels.

It exfoliates gently and provides a clean, smooth surface for the peel to be placed on.

That will probably help you peel better, but you'd probably need a little bit longer to recover than with the typical superficial peeling you get normally.

jestex123 how is it using peels and Retin-A? I was warned off using peels while on the Retin-A by other posters so I am curious how it works for you. I would love to be getting better results than I am. Any downtime or peeling after the peels? And what's your regimen (eg, how long do you leave the Retin-A on each/every second night, etc)? Sorry for so many Q's!

Using the peels and retin-a together is working fine for me. No downtime after the peels. I alternate retin-a and copper peptides: retin-a one night, copper the next etc. I use the 2% SA astringent every evening and I'm doing a 40% GA peel once a week. Also I use camellia oil durring the day as a moisturizer. I think I'm getting pretty good results although they are coming slow.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a REALLY good peel with glycolic acid? Any advice on how to prep and apply will be greatly appreciated.

You may already do this, but I have heard from people that have had professional peels that they swab their face gently with rubbing alcohol before the peel. It just removes any leftover product or natural oil on your skin, making your peel more even.