Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahblah900

no benzoyl peroxide in my regimen bad?

i curretnly use cetaphil cleanser, murad hydrating toner and then olay for sensitive skin moisturizer day and night. I have lot of red marks and hyperpigmentation and a couple of pimples. I stopped using any benzoly peroxide because people say it makes red marks and hyperpigmenation worst. My face is basically all marks left after pimples with just 3 or 4 pimples that are not that bad.

My question is should i have bp in my regimen? I occasionally use murad spot treatment whenever i have a big pimple erupting. I heard about lactic acid for red marks but i do not want my skin to take a chance to burn my skin. ACV broke me out badly. I heard about finacea and how it helps greatly with red marks. Any thoguhts on this too?

ive been on and off with bp in my regimen. at the current time i am not on bp. I am using doxy twice a day and retin A at night along with my face soap. Some people say bp is bad for your skin and will give you red marks and such. Frankly, i believe them. I can feel it burning my face and i think to my self that this cant be any good for my face.

If your face is showing improvment, dont worry about not having bp.

My face has improved since taking the doxy. i rarely used bp. Hope this helps

BP after a while doesn't work that great. I really think it actually made my skin much worse using it for about 6 years! I haven't used it for about a couple months and my skin is getting better! Your much better off without it! No one actually knows how safe it is anyway! I believe if you can't eat it don't put it on your skin!

thx alot for the replies.

So should i just stick to my 3 step method of cetaphil, murad hydrating toner and olay moisturizer for sensitive skin? cleanse, tone, moisturize?