Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rarg

Derma Scar Gel

Well, i went to a general health store nearby and bought this little bottle of Derma brand SCAR GEL.

On the panphlet it speaks about scars and what causes them(acne WAS listed) and how this helps to improve/heal them(ill get to that later) It also listed what kind of scars it heals(ACNE, depression marks(indednted acne scars) and stretch marks WERE Listed).

Well, for one, its a nice smelling, cool gel, it DOES not burn your face or cause ANY sort of aftereffect. Heres a quick jot note of stuff ive noticed about it(no particular order)

- its sticky

- its got a jelloey texture

- does not "Drip" or anything, once its on its on

- does not make your face red

- smells nice

- all natural

- transparent

- makes your face shiney while its on(i wouldnt wear it in public)

- ingredients: purified water, onion extract, Glycerin, Allantoin, Dl-Panthenol, Carbormer-940, Citricidal, TEA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrant Oils

- greaseless

- Message on back : A unique blend of botanical extracts in this greaseless, pleasent smelling hel softens, smooths, and helps to diminish the appearence of scars. Also excellent for stretch marks, calluses, scar tissue, and other skin hardenings.

Allantoin and Panthenol: help heal, revuild, and add suppleness to skin

Onion Extract(Allicin): is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral.

Okay, now onto me: I Have some pretty heavy and hard acne scars on my face(not my fault actually, it was caused by popping zits, but not by my will, if you need to know more you can ask me). I've been using this for maybe 2 weeks and ive noticed 2 things:

1. The overall redness of skin has dissapeared, not the scars redness, but the general red tone of my skin

2. Some of my smaller scars have already started dissapearing.

NOTE: im using this while on accutane

Another thing it mentions is that youll see the maximum benfit within 8 weeks for new scars, and 3 to 6 months for old scars, so if your in an abosulte rush this might not be your choice, but hey, im not risking bleaching my skin with stuff like ACV or lemons, and im not paying for laser stuff.

So yah, if you have any more questions then shoot, i put this on generally 3 times a day(it says a max of 5 times a day). And like i said, i HAVE noticed improvement.

Thanks

hmm, i dont have any pics of when i started, but what i COULD do is take a pic tomorow or something(my bro has a cam but hes out for the night) and then in a week or 2 take another and post it here, until then i guess you can just go with what ive said..

hmm well, i posted some pictures of me today so you can look at those if you want, but since i only started the gel recently there might not a be a huge diff, and the diff might just be due to time, so if you want a REAL comparisan youll have to wait a bit.

:P

Good on you, I see improvement (the 2 things you mentioned)!

Do you think it is the Accutane or the Derma Scar Gel?

BTW, you are CUTE (don't worry about the scar).

How would ACV bleach your skin? Lemons have the ability to lighten your skin bc A. Fruit Acids and C. slight bleaching .. as for ACV where have you ever heard of Apples bleaching anyone's skin? I sure haven't .. those must be some bad apples if they do that. ACV is Malic Acid similar to Lactic Acid... it is an exfoliate .. gets rid of all the dead skin soo it brings newer and fresher skin to the surface .. yes your skin will be lighter but that is how you know it works bc it is gettign rid of all the nasty dead skin cells. I suggest you do your research before opening your mouth .. or should I say type it.

hmm well, i posted some pictures of me today so you can look at those if you want, but since i only started the gel recently there might not a be a huge diff, and the diff might just be due to time, so if you want a REAL comparisan youll have to wait a bit.

How long have you been on Accutane for? Perhaps that in conjuction with the Derma Scar Gel has helped your scars, since your skin is shedding a lot too.

sorry pumpkins, im just saying what i know, my doctor said one of the ways to get rid of scars is to bleach them, but that its kind of hard on the skin, and she said ACV does that, as well as lemon juice or almost any acidic liquid. maybe but im wrong, but i was just stating what ive heard.

I dunno how to find your pics? Where is the album and stuff, what do i click to get to the picS?

note: i updated my album, ive got new shots of my skin as of today, also, i have a picture of me back in mid july, the only surviving picture that reminds me of how bad my acne once was.

yes thats the stuff im using, its really quite amazing. My favorite thing though is just the facts that ive already listed like how your skin doesnt have to adjust, which causes breakouts, its almost all natural(might be, im not sure) its not an acid so it doesnt burn your skin.

Basically, it blew my expectations away, i was expecting EXTREMELY MINOR change, mainly because i go on this board and see all these drastic ways to remove red marks that work great if you a) actually have the stuff to do it, and b) the guts - because none of these crazy measures are ever 100% accurate. But wow, after 4 weeks or so on the gel i can say that i would recomend it to someone else, if your still skeptical just wait another 2 weeks for more picture updates, other than that, good luck with your choice.

side note: its pretty cheap :razz:

Okay, now onto me: I Have some pretty heavy and hard acne scars on my face(not my fault actually, it was caused by popping zits, but not by my will, if you need to know more you can ask me). I've been using this for maybe 2 weeks and ive noticed 2 things:

1. The overall redness of skin has dissapeared, not the scars redness, but the general red tone of my skin

2. Some of my smaller scars have already started dissapearing.

Hi, You say the smaller scars are improving, What kind of scars are you talking about? are they ice pik type? or dents? rolling scars? Can you describe ? Thanks.

uhh, im really bad at terminology but this is whats happened.

When my scars started, they were very red, some of them were big and right by my nose(perfect viewing, ugh) others were fairly small further away by my ear, also, alot of them were indented, like theyd leave a hole in my face(O_O). Well, my skin is super smooth now, i.e. no indents, so it helped with that, and when i say smaller scars i mean the little red ones that were already fairly light have completely vanished. Basically, its working on all my scars equally, and the ones that were pretty small and light at the start are already gone, while the darker ones are becoming lighter.

Rarg... I have redmarks and just minor minor little scars!

Does that help with fading away redmarks too? I noticed that you DON'T have redmarks!

Thanks.

if i DONT have red marks im not sure what i have, i have smooth, non bumpy or indented(any more) RED - MARKS on my face where zits used to be, im not sure what else they would be. The gel helps to lighten the scars with the ultimate goal being to get rid of them entirely, it doesnt change your skin, it just helps your body to heal scars faster, thats why its not limited to acne scarring.

i feel like this should be bumped because well, its helping me so i figure it can help others?