Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ausrunner

Whats left to do???

okay i used to have pretty bad acne but since the start of the year i changed my diet used a gentle cleansing routine, exfoliated when needed, drank alot more water and supplemented with the required vitamins, my skin cleared up a lot but ive never gotten past have around 9-10 smallish pimples on my face, blackheads on my nose and some on my forehead and an uneven skin tone.. whats left to do?? im 19btw i do alot of exercise i dont eat dairy, red meat simple sugars or saturated fats and havent for this whole year.. im just stumped am i doomed no matter what i do to have this poor skin?? :think::think:

"have this poor skin"...

GENETIC!

" whats left to do"... What you have been doing is good, just keep continuing with your routine... TIME will heal.

Good Luck.

okay i used to have pretty bad acne but since the start of the year i changed my diet used a gentle cleansing routine, exfoliated when needed, drank alot more water and supplemented with the required vitamins, my skin cleared up a lot but ive never gotten past have around 9-10 smallish pimples on my face, blackheads on my nose and some on my forehead and an uneven skin tone.. whats left to do?? im 19btw i do alot of exercise i dont eat dairy, red meat simple sugars or saturated fats and havent for this whole year.. im just stumped am i doomed no matter what i do to have this poor skin?? :think::think:

Your diet can be tweaked in hundreds of different ways, when you'll find the right one you'll know what you have tried before wasn't supposed to work anyway.

What your diet is like?

typical day: usually eat around 3000calories.. i have a fast metabolism and hence am trying to maintain my weight which is about 72kgs

Oats for breakfast

on the odd occasion i will have low gi high fibre toast on the toast i might have vegemite or tuna sometimes

midday snack ill have rice milk 500ml

lunch ill usually have 1 cup of brown rice with vegetables or chicken

next snack ill usually have another 500ml of ricemilk

ill usually train at 5.00 and at 6.00 ill have some fruit or afew cans of tuna post training

at around 7.30 ill have dinner which can be fish or chicken with vegetables, once every few weeks i might have some red meat

with my dinner i will take my vital greens which is a vitamin supplement in powder form it has alot of good stuff in it

yea and basically thats my day.. when my training get really really heavy i sometimes have to go up to 4100calories to keep an energy balance where i dont gain nor lose weight

??

typical day: usually eat around 3000calories.. i have a fast metabolism and hence am trying to maintain my weight which is about 72kgs

Oats for breakfast

on the odd occasion i will have low gi high fibre toast on the toast i might have vegemite or tuna sometimes

midday snack ill have rice milk 500ml

lunch ill usually have 1 cup of brown rice with vegetables or chicken

next snack ill usually have another 500ml of ricemilk

ill usually train at 5.00 and at 6.00 ill have some fruit or afew cans of tuna post training

at around 7.30 ill have dinner which can be fish or chicken with vegetables, once every few weeks i might have some red meat

with my dinner i will take my vital greens which is a vitamin supplement in powder form it has alot of good stuff in it

yea and basically thats my day.. when my training get really really heavy i sometimes have to go up to 4100calories to keep an energy balance where i dont gain nor lose weight

??

What's your height?

What kind of training you do the days when you need 4100 calories?

Post training you need carbs so don't skip the fruits but combine the fruits with the tuna or potatoes with the tuna or others. You may want to make sure your tuna is yellow fish and wild from atlantic; tuna has one of the fish with the highest levels of mercury and PCB's. With certain cheap brand is like drinking plain polluted water from a stagnant little pond

As for your mid snack combine it with something so that the sugar uptake is slowed down. Rice milk sugar content may vary a lot and usually it has an high glycemic load and varying glycemic index. Better if you drink it with something else

I would add flax seeds to your diet 1 teaspoon daily toasted and added to the veggies

I would also add two-three glasses of a green smoothie

More fats in the form of avocados, olives and nuts or dressing made with nuts and fruits (unless you're allergic)

How many vegetables do you eat with your chicken, what is a proportion by weight more vegetables or meat/fish?

How varied is your veggies intake? I would add raw veggies (lettuce, salads, tomatoes, cucumber, fennels, bell peppers) and several cruciferous veggies (collard, kale, savoy cabbage, bruselles sprouts, cauliflower, red cabbage and so on)

Since you're eating grains I would also add a serving of two of beans. Lentils, garbanzo, azuki are easy to digest ... they difference they have compared to grains like brown rice or toasts is that they have a minimal glycemic impact (both lower in Gi and glycemic load) and keep your sugar stable, they are more dense in phytochemicals and disease-fighting compounds and richer in nutrients like vitamins and minerals

I would add high omega-3 eggs here and there (unless you're allergic to them) especially for breakfast (they're better than tuna)

You may want to give kefir a try or have half-a-cup of plain white whole yogurt or liquid yogurts

You may also want to add primrose oil to your diet or supplements: 600 mg a day is good

You may even want to substitute your toasts in the morning with oats that you could combine with your rice milk. Again oats are one of the best grain out there, compared to your toasts they increase your glucose tolerance and are way more dense in nutrients and phytochemicals

You may want to limit salt. The salt potassium balance is very important.

We tend to retain more potassium and to excrete more sodium

It should be the opposite for the body to be healthy and function well

You need to excrete little sodium cause the intake is supposed to be minimal and excrete more potassium because you need an high intake. You may want to choose bananas as your post traninin fruit

i would cut down the rice if there were calories i could replace it with.. i do 800m running so if i dont keep up the calories i would drop to 65kg kilos within a month or so..