Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sillygoose

i've given up on derms

i went to get the derm (again) to hopefully get prescribed accutane, especially for oil control. he put me on the same meds i've been taking that don't work and said that cetaphil was causing my oil and that it's ok b/c it makes my skin look younger. umm what?

i know this is frowned upon on these boards, but i'm considering purchasing accutane online and then getting the checkups and bloodwork done myself. oh well...

i went to get the derm (again) to hopefully get prescribed accutane, especially for oil control. he put me on the same meds i've been taking that don't work and said that cetaphil was causing my oil and that it's ok b/c it makes my skin look younger. umm what?

i know this is frowned upon on these boards, but i'm considering purchasing accutane online and then getting the checkups and bloodwork done myself. oh well...

I did that. IF you do, you really need to think about it seriously, read up on the med so you become an expert, and seriously do the blood work and change the dosage or stop if it goes bad. If I were you, I'd try to find a dermotologist who will prescribe it first. IT doesn't hurt to shop doctors, and just flat tell them the other stuff doesn't work and you want to use accutane. That's what I did the first two times I went on accutane.

yeah, i probably won't do it. still, i've been to 4 derms and they were all useless. i feel like i know more about acne and accutane than some of the derms i've been to. how many more could there be in the area? boo.

Keep looking because I had a derm and all he would do was try to sell me BS products that didn't work and wouldn't make my face better so I finally found a new derm and he is awesome and understanding and try to put in alittle time for a derm so they can try a few things on there mind and then once they know that the stuff didnt work then they will give you accutane.

You're lucky if u get a good derm first/second time, i'd try another derm if u can. Hopefully it will be 5th time lucky!

My experience with my derm was crap.... she gave me accutane but a whole load of crackpot advice, which just goes against every bit of other advice ive read/had.

We should really add a derm rating system to this site.

Some derms might specialize in skin cancer or something; and have very little knowledge or experience with acne. My derm is great, but it sounds like a lot of them suck.

yes SHOP AROUND i had the WORST derm for getting tane he hated it, i moved to thsi female doc, and she practically threw accutane at me. (i had been with the first doc for over a year then switched and the female doc was amazing first visit i got tane...!)

AND if you a MALE the IPLEDGE PROGRAM is very easy to work with im getting tane and all i had to do was get blood labs done that was it!!! so look around and tell your doc's the iPledge program is alot easier to work with (i think thats why it s harder to get it the docs do nt know how to work with iPledge

good luck