Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One thing that has helped me over the years is changing my pillowcases and towels every day. My reasoning has been that one night's acne infection gets ground into the pillowcase, and then when you put your face on that pillowcase the next night, it's sort of like wrapping your face in an infected bandage. Same with towels.

Also, after I shave, I would often get a rash, until I began to swab my face after shaving with that green tinted rubbing alcohol, which is rubbing alcohol with wintergreen and glycerin added. Plain rubbing alcohol did nothing, but apparently with the green rubbing alcohol, the alcohol kills the bacteria, and the wintergreen and glycerin soothe the skin.

Another thing might be, keep your hands off your face. Whether you know it or not, your hands are dripping with bacteria.

would it be better if I dont use pillows at all, lol.

Then the problem would be your sheets

i got a solution for all of u guys, sleep standing up like a monk, or learn to meditate.

I usually put a shirt over my pillow. I don't change it daily maybe like every other day. First two days I put a shirt over teh pillow, next two days I turn it around, next two days i turn it inside out, next two days i turn it around

I've never had a problem with pillowcases, whether i change them every day, or every month, it doesn't make a difference in my skin. I think once you start researching your acne, you start becoming paranoid and think that everything you do/touch/eat/look at will cause acne, and it only makes your acne worse.

Guest blackheadben

I used to wash them everyday for awhile in baby detergent but it didn't help :(

I just fall asleep flat on my back but always wake up with my face literally squished into the pillow by a pile-driver :lol:

instead of pillow cases, jsut cover your pillow with a small towel

and assuming ur pillow has remained clean ever since, just flip that towel over. now you only need like 3 or 4 towels a week if ur anal for that pillow

I think these types of suggestions may help - but only at the very margins. If you have moderate or severe acne, I don't believe that changing sheets and towels every day will make any noticeable difference to your acne. I am living in hotel type accommodation at the moment as I am away from home on business. The sheets get changed three times a week and the towels get changed every second day (although there are enough towels for 2 people so I end up using a fresh one morning and night). Absolutely no visible improvements in my acne before moving to medication.