Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LERizz

OK to get a Massage??

Hey everyone,

I have been on accutane for about 2 months now and so far so good. It is my 1 year Wedding Anniversary this weekend and my husband and I booked massages at a spa. I didnt think it would be a problem but now I am worrying that my skin will hurt. Does anyone have any experience with this? I really don't want to have to cancel my massage but don't want anything bad to happen either!!! HELP!! Thanks!!!

Massage should be fine, but caution the masseuse that you are on a presciption medication that makes your skin extremely sensitive so to lease avoid any products that aren't very gentle. I'm thinking of "stimulating" creams and such that they might use to invigorate the skin, or perhaps peeling agents to refresh the skin which could be too much for you. If the pressure hurts your skin, don't be afraid to speak up.

Had a massage my second month into Accutane and not an issue at all. I just asked her to keep the oils away from my face and told her I was on the medication. She used pretty deep pressure and it didn't bother me at all. I made sure to pick lotions/oils that were made for "sensitive skin" also.

Just don't do a salt scrub or body brushing. A regular massage should be fine if your skin feels okay going into it.