Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klvoe

General reviews

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

As I do research with the light treatments, I find myself more and more intrigued. I would like to purchase one, but am very torn between smaller, hand-held (like Lumiport) and large, full-face treatments (like the Clearwave).

ANY testimonies, thoughts, etc. would be appreciated... its hard to find reviews out there!

Thanks so much!

Also, slightly unrelated... if I used the lumiport pen and had multiple blemishes, do you use it for 10 minutes on each?

Guest ~Wolfy~

Note that blue/red light treatment prevents new blemishes and only slightly helps getting rid of existing blemishes (maybe 10% faster).

That's why I recommend a desktop model because it gives you the even coverage you need to help reduce your acne.

Link to post

well i don't knoe about the different types, but i got one that covers your whole face. you have to turn to the side sometimes to get even coverage but thats all. you could also use it for your body i guess. not sure about that but cant see why not.

i got a lamp for about £100 second hand on ebay. it was made by dermalux. it has 2 red strip bulbs and 2 blue ones. it gets v hot and smells. but i think its working a bit.

tim

Link to post

I think I'm going for the whole face... my skin is clear right now, but it's so pale and blotchy from RAM ... it may be clear, but it doesn't look natural (I'm Italian with an olive complexion, so my neck and face are different colors).

Anyone have success with these and not haev to use any more topicals?

Link to post

I used the acnelamp for a couple of months and it cleared all the zits from my face. But then I broke out pretty badly with whiteheads and redness.

I'm pretty sure the lamp also reduced skin oil (to virtually nothing) and made my pores smaller and my face very dry.

So right now I am not using anything to see what happens with my skin and also test a diet I am trying.

When I first used the lamp I sat too close and used it for too long. Also the acnelamp is very intense compared to most lamps. But there definently was an effect on my skin.