Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oldtactics

oldtactics CSR log!

Hey everyone,

First of all, I just want to tell you all how great you are! This community is so amazing and has been so helpful already and all I've been doing is lurking :)

Skin history:

I've had mild/moderate acne since I was about 12, and I'm 22 now. Tried everything short of Accutane, including Tetra and Minocyclin pills, and various topicals. I started using prescription Clindamycin in 2005 and it really cleared up my skin until about April of this year, when I started breaking out again. It seems that my skin just got used it and it stopped being effective. In July, I took a break from it and decided to try the Oil Control Method with Castor oil and Grapeseed oil, since so many people in my 'natural living' communities have had such great results.

Well, I didn't have great results. In fact, I had unbelievably horrible results. Instead of giving me breakouts of whiteheads, it gave me painful bumps all over my skin, including under my chin and on parts of my face that had never had acne before. It was so bad that I literally looked like I had a mask on. In September, I transferred to the main campus of my university, starting at a new school with the worst skin that I've had in my entire life. Super!

Towards the middle of September, the bumpiness got better as my skin recovered. I still had whitehead breakouts but I much preferred those to the way things had been in the summer. About three weeks ago, I started using SpectroJel as my cleanser and I noticed an improvement almost immediately - still mild acne but very few whiteheads and everything just looked better. Then I discovered acne.org! CSR sounded like something that I could do, so I ordered Dan's BP gel and now, here we are!

--

For the last three days, I've been using a 'modified' CSR while waiting for Dan's gel in the mail... SpectroJel in the morning and at night, with Persagel 5.0 BP after each wash, and Cetaphil moisturizer at night. So far, I don't think that I really need the moisturizer, but I'll start off on the right foot :)

I got my CSR package in the mail today, so I'll start using the 2.5 tonight before bed.

Consider October 28th my "Day 1"

And hi! I'm Alex.

Day 1 (officially)

Things are great so far. Having some issues making the moisturizer work with the foundation I wear, because it's mineral makeup so powder + lotion = bad news. I'll figure something out.

My skin is b-e-a-utiful - I had a couple of whiteheads this morning, tiny ones that I got rid of easily.

I have three or four real pimples on my jawline, but that's the worst spot for me so I'm sure it'll take the longest to clear up completely.

Everything else looks amazing right now, feels great. I can't believe how nice it is to wash my face in the morning and feel clear skin! It's been years since that happened :)

I'm going to post photos tomorrow - my scarring is pretty bad on my cheeks, but it's just red marks, no icepick or deep scars, which is a relief. Hopefully they'll be gone soon enough. Knock on wood, but my skin might actually be clearing up.

HI Alex and welcome!

It sounds like you are off to a good start.

Remember to be super gentle, no picking or feeling around. Otherwise, your products are good and it seems like you are doing well!

good luck!

Day 4

Thanks Brandy!

Well, my skin looks amazing. Feels amazing. Best it's been in possibly my entire life.

I'm waiting to see if I have an initial breakout, but as far as I can tell, even if I do break out, it won't be very bad.

I still have mild acne along my jawline, but it's reduced down to about 3 or 4 tiny whiteheads a day and they disappear as fast as they show up, so I'm not complaining. The really bad problem area was underneath my jawline, on either side of my chin, but that area has completely cleared up. I couldn't be happier about that, it was one of my biggest self esteem issues, so I'm glad that it's getting better.

The sides of my nose sting quite a bit for the first 5 minutes after I apply the BP - more moisturizer needed, maybe? I'll work on it.

Photos tomorrow - I wore fake blood today and now I have zombie stains on my face, hahaha.

I know it's a bit early to be saying this, but CSR is working wonders. I'm sold :)

Day 8

Still breaking out along my jawline but my face is otherwise clear and looking fantastic. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and see my skin looking bright instead of dull. As of right now, I think I have about 5 active pimples and nothing else - even my scarring seems to look better lately - I'm dreaming of walking around with no makeup this summer, I can't wait :)