Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don t know if u have any idea about jessfoliation but it s a good way of exfoliating. U may buy a simple face bresh and brush your face whit your clensing gel or bar whenever u need. Exfoliation is so beneficial for acne prone skin bec. it makes dead cells go away so they don t fill your pores.

be sensitive while brushing and don t use harsh products while exfoliating and always use a sunscreen .. :idea:

There are many topical cleansers mixed with a scrub you can buy at the store. For me they are too harsh and irritate my acne. I really don't exfoliate, just what my face gets from daily shaving. You can try a scrub to see if you like it, but it may be too irritating.

i'm 28, male, with acne since i was 14. scrubs have never worked worth a damn for me. they are just not tough enough to remove the outer lay of skin you need to remove to unplug your pores. for the last month i have been using panoxyl 10% BP (bar soap). it is awesome. i use it twice a day but it does dry you out (even me, with oily skin). so you will need a good moisturizer.

the KEY is to use a buf puf sponge (from walmart or wherever). rub the bar on the sponge and massage your face with the sponge working up a lather. depending on your skin type, you can get a harder or softer buf puf sponge. but this is working great for me. it's just common sense, you can scrub the outer layer of dead skin off your face, which opens the pores up so that the BP can soak into your pores and kill the bacteria.

p.s. it's a good idea to do this in the shower for a couple of reasons: 1. you won't bleach anything (since it is BP we are talking about). 2. if you take a warm shower, you will be opening up your pores which increases the effectiveness (i think) of delivering the BP deep into your pores.

p.p.s. if you have really tough skin like i do, use AmLactin (12% Lactic Acid) as a moisturizer. once again you can kill 2 birds w/ one stone: you get a great humectant moisturizer while also continously renewing the outer layer of your skin (AmLactin is an AHA acid...it's mild though).

Guest Locked In Grace

I book a wind tunnel every so often. The secret is in bolting your shoes to the floor, locking yourself in a forward stance and poking your head out. The wind does the rest.