Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whatsup

8 Steps to combating Acne

1. Eat a light breakfast and Light Dinner............. Eat your heavy meals in the middle of the day. The point of this would be to give your body a great amount of time to rest from digestion to do other things. Say you eat dinner at 7pm and you eat breakfast at 8am. Your body has pretty much about 12 hours to rest! How great is that!

2. Stay away from processed sugars........ I would think one of the biggest culprits in developing acne is from processed sugars. It would be a good idea to stay away from processed foods altogether, but if you can't start with the foods with a high sugar content.

4. Exfoliate your skin.......... Exfoliating gets rid of all the dead skin cells and all that gunk that contribute big time to clogging your pores. If you have had acne for a long time your pores will be more susceptible to get clogged. Exfoliate once every few days if you collect a lot of dead skin cells on your face and about once a week if u don't.

5. Moisturize your skin..........If your skin is dry use a good moisturizer. I highly recommend lily of the desert aloe vera gelly. Use only natural products on your skin! This moisturizer is the best I have ever used.

6. Don't over wash or over care.......................This is a very important step because if you over wash your skin and use damaging products or too many products the progress you are trying to make will be overshadowed or taken away completely. I wish I have known this growing up I would of never overwashed or used so many products. I would say the maximum use 2 natural products daily on your face and wash your face twice as well.

7. For breakfast or dinner eat healthy........... I would say at these times make sure you stay healthy. Drink your water, eat your fruits and vegetables, etc. Also whenever you eat your heavy meals make sure you chew your food thoroughly and take your time.

8. Do not stress..... Psychologically stay one step ahead of acne. Don't let it get you down. There are bigger and more important things in this world. You can see yourself anyway you want ugly or attractive and its all up to you. Love the imagine you see in the mirror and always use positive inner dialogue. Visualize only what you want to see.

Some of your things might work to control peoples skin who have VERY mild acne, but I strongly disagree with your point on exfoliating.

Exfoliating the skin is too harsh and irritating for most of us who suffer from moderate to severe acne. Those of us who get cysts, nodules, etc. I used to exfoliate my skin all the time and its been a lot better since Ive been following Dans "no irritation" type of regimen.

I agree most strongly with your "do not stress" point. Stress causes havoc on the body, I usually get sick after a very stressful episode, not to mention end up with a face full of cysts. No good. I know stress cant be avoided but its how we deal with it. Positive thinking, deep breathing, meditation, excercise, all these things can help.

I agree with most of your points. However exfoliating is too harsh for many of us. The physical scrubbing of your face can easily irritate acne and make it worse. I've tried it many times before, and every time I do I wish I hadn't.

Andrew and Melfice2k your both pathetic...

Exfoliating is good, but it does depend on what you use... I use a loofah and not any kind of cream or anything like that which could cause a breakout... Take a hot bath for about 20 mins and then scrub your face with a loofah.. be gentle... you will still see dead skin cells come off the skin... I wouldnt exfoliate using the garbage they sell in the stores. A loofah is the key, without it exfoliating could be a disaster.

Andrew and Melfice2k your both pathetic...

Exfoliating is good, but it does depend on what you use... I use a loofah and not any kind of cream or anything like that which could cause a breakout... Take a hot bath for about 20 mins and then scrub your face with a loofah.. be gentle... you will still see dead skin cells come off the skin... I wouldnt exfoliate using the garbage they sell in the stores. A loofah is the key, without it exfoliating could be a disaster.

pathetic? why so hostile? doesn't that just negate your last point?

also, didn't you notice people mocking you with #3 since there was no #3?

There pathetic including you bittermp because you should focus on the message and not on a minor mistake i made. And no what i said doesn't negate my last point genius. Good day