Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EzVO

My Retin-A/Minocycle log/blog (updated 12.26.06 [2 total pictures])

Alright, well first, I want to introduce myself. I've been a long time lurker of bored tried Dan's routine but it wasn't quite working for me.

I've had acne every since highschool and I'm a 21 year old male now and I just got fed up recently.

I've been fed up before and I've visted my doctor and a dermatolgist before. I was on Tetracycline and Tazoric for a while a few years ago. Obviously that didn't proof fruitful and wasn't doing much at all, actually.

[The Goods]

Alright, so I visited my doctor, I really didn't like going to a dermatolgist and especially after he just looked at me for one second and gave me something and stormed off to have his assistant talk to me. My doctor seems to care more, so I went back to him and he gave me the Retin-A/Minocycline combo. I was happy because my acne isn't severe enough for Accutane, I don't think, but I def. need something good and since Retin-A is a topical Isotretinoin with a lot less side effects, I was sold.

Okay, it's been 2 weeks this past Tuesday [10.24.06]. I've been taking the Mino twice on an empty stomach and applying the Retin-A cream EVERY NIGHT. I've been a lurker on this bored and a lot of people suggested that people should probably use it every night because your skin will probably get irratated or peel like crazy. Well, mine did peel like crazy. ... But it's alright, I applied plenty of mistourizer and wore make up [Oil-Free, Water-Based Maked up] [which is something I do, anyway because it hides the red marks] and continued on every night.

[inital Breakout]

I don't know when people experience the IB, I've read where people have it on the 4 or 5th week, but that is crazy. I don't know, I find it hard to believe that you'd be getting an IB that late into the cycle. I think I've already went through an IB I've had this huge 3 cyst thing DEEP under my skin. I never get cysts or anything like that, at least not like those ones. The biggest one remined under the skin and just kinda disappeared. I also use Mario Bedesqi Drying Sulfur because it so works!. So when I first felt them coming up, I turned to the drying Sulfur because it make the acne go away somehow [for me]. So they never really came up but witht he Mario and the Retin-A those spots were peeling like no tommorrow.

That is all settled now though and my skin begin to be able to handle the Retin-A and doesn't dry out anymore that bad or peel like crazy. Currently, I have no active pimpled and I haven't had one for a 2 or 3 days, which happens, but very rarely.

[stats?]

My redmarks seem to be fading at a faster rate with the Retin-A.

I think the Minocycle gave me *some* kind of frekel on my lip :(

I am a dark skinned [tan] person.

The Mino/Retin-A cost me $32 w/ insurance but they gave me an off-brand topical Isotretinoin called Trieton or something, it's .4%

The only other thing I use for my face not mentioned is St. Ives face wash the one *Tone & Firm* with gentle AHA and a mud mask from Bath & Body works to get all the *dead* skin cells off my face.

It's like $3.50 at walmart/target. The Mario sulfur thing is $18 and you can get it from Sophia, Amazon.com, or Nordstroms, there is also a cheeper one that doesn't have *mario's* name on it for $10 (bye bye blemish) from Sophia.

[closing]

I will be updating this probably every week, at least. If you have any questions, then by all means ask me. I don't suggest you use the drying lotions AND the Retin-A all the time, you will peel like no tommorrow. But it's worth it to me if you don't want the Cysts to come up.

I will post pictures later and hopefull w/ each update :)

Alright, so this is my first update and I have a picture of what my skin currently looks like. I haven't had any major erruptions yet, the dryness is much much better, I still have to use a moistureizer cause my skin gets dry still...but it doesn't look as bad. My lips are dry, anyway, a picture speaks a thousand words....and as a correction....the cream is .025%...my bad. lol.

IPB Image

If you have any questions, just ask me, I'll probably update next week or later this week, or if anything happens.

Alright, so it seems that my skin is getting a bit oily again. Prior to this treatment, I was on 10 MG of B5 a day and it has helped me stay non-oily. Another thing that has prevented oil is a SA face wash by Neutragena... I'm thinking about buying it if my face gets any oiler.

That is it for the update, just wanted to say that :)

I don't have any active acne on my face right now, just redmarks :| Today, I looked the best I have any a long while :)

Alright, so against some advice about my skin getting irratated, I decided to fight the oil! So I bought St. Ives face wash with .5 SA because SA made me less oily before and I'm not wanting as mush of a dramatic effect as before, I just want a bit less oil. I've used it once now, and the oil hasn't come back yet. usually, it would build up on my nose regardless. The only way it stopped doing that was by using 10 grams of B5 a day and SA. Since I don't take B5 anymore, I'm must going to use a mild SA.

My skin is looking a bit better, I shaved my facial hair. I always hate doing that cause it makes me look weird, so I'm going to wait maybe till Sunday and then post new pictures....Right now, I have only 1 or 2 pimples.... My skin is getting clearer... I'm glad this is working :)

Alright, so next Tuesday (11.14.06) will be 5 weeks.

Nothing big new to report except that I broke out a bit because of stress, I am 99% postive that I wouldn't have broken out if somethings didn't happen. Plus, I had to be in a car for 6 hours which was horriable. I believe that is why I broke out. Anyway, it isn't THAT big of a deal. I'm pretty contained w/ the progress I've been making so far :)

I have a new picture, to show off the only real active pimple, it's hideous :(

post-49251-1163309976_thumb.jpg

post-49251-1163309976_thumb.jpg

Okay, I don't have much to say in this update I just wanted to say that I have no active pimples today. All of the stuff on my face is just redmarks [which sucks]. I'm really happy.

I am sick though, so only if that goes away :|

*knock on wood*

Sooooooo, alright, just giving you a quick update since I haven't in about a week.

My face is still doing fine, relaly no new breakouts still in 5 days. I had a small breakout on my back which is already healing.

The redmarks are fading, which is a good thing. I have a doctor checkup the first week on december, I'm thinking about being greedy and asking for a stronger retin-a, should I?

I'm almost to 400 views :)

*knocks on wood*

Alright, so a quick update. My skin is looking really good, the red marks are fading really fast and I have no active pimples on my face. It's so scary, I know I've gone through an IB because my face was a battlefield for a while but now it's good and when I wear makeup I just feel really good about myself, but I don't even have to any more... My face now is better then what it was when I was wearing makeup.... but make up never hurts.

Anyway, my mom is leaving for Casablanca today and taking the digital camera with her. It's kinda sad cause I won't be able to take pictures for about 2 weeks, but hopefully the progress I'm making stays constant and when she returns I'll spoil you with a few pictures.

My current regime is Retin A (trention) gel 1x before I go to bed, and I apply an oil-free moisterser whenever I get out of the shower and I also use the Mario Badscue product whenever I feel like I'm going to break out.

Anyway, *knock on wood*

Good luck everyone.

That's awesome that you are seeing such great results so soon into using it. I have been using Retin-A Micro for about four months and while I have seen improvements-it isnt as good as I would like it to be. I know everyone reacts and heals at different levels--but I'm hoping to see better results soon!! Keep updating!

That's awesome that you are seeing such great results so soon into using it. I have been using Retin-A Micro for about four months and while I have seen improvements-it isnt as good as I would like it to be. I know everyone reacts and heals at different levels--but I'm hoping to see better results soon!! Keep updating!

Awwwwe, thank you! I hope you luck, are you on the same Rx as I am?

Okay, nothing really major to say just the usual "Blah Blah"!

I have no active acne on my face and my major problems area are smooth and the red marks are fading, I'm really hoping this isn't the calm before the storm and it's actual progress. My forehead broke out in tiny pimples [3 of them] but that is probably because I died my hair and they will all be gone by tommorrow because it wasn't even a big deal.

I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making, but I"m still thinking about asking my doctor for a higher percentage retin a [trention] gel.... I don't know.

Anyway, wish me best luck, I'll probably update w/ pictures next monday or tuesday :)

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update...

I'm still not breaking out in the area's that I commonly did, I did break out on my left cheak with a pretty small pimple. I haven't been *awesome* about taking my antiboitics! I mean, I take them every day twice like I'm suppose to, but sometimes I forget to take them in the morning so I take one in the evening and then another a few hours before bed.

All the red marks are fading, thank God! I'll be joing the Gym on Tuesday and I'm trying to gain 30 pounds because I'm tired of looking at my ribs. My mom comes home tommorrow so I'll give you guys another update on Monday or Tuesday with more pictures :)

Take care :)

Alright, sorry for taking me a bit longer to give ya'll update.

I've been so busy lately working on myself image and what not. I've joined the Gym and have been going religisouly and thus I've been exhausted. I'm trying to gain 30 lbs.

My skin is Mission A01, My body is Mission A02.

So anyway, my skin is been okay small ups...small downs...no major updates aside from red-mark fading and small break outs.

I was really scared that going to the gym would make me break out, but it hasn't yet..... *crosses fingers*

My doctor also changed my routine! He is saying that now I have to take my antiboitics once a day, and apply retin-a twice a day.

I'm guessing I'll let you guys finally see pictures of me w/o the stupid censors....

you can just go to my myspace @ www.myspace.com/manar_al....i'll post pictures w/o make up on here later today or tommorrow.

OMG! It's been forever since I've updated! My bad!

Anyway.....

There hasn't been any drastic differences still, I've gained 8 lbs this month so far and taking creatine (which is questioned to aggraviate acne!....my acne is pretty stable I've had one bad break out and it's fading fast though thx to the retin-a.

That is pretty much it, I say by mid-next year all my marks would be pretty much gone and I'll be totally happy.

Hope you guys are having luck w/ your own regimes :)