Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viethood

Flakey Skin

after 3 week on the regimen , i have super flakery skin and about a minor breakout. I believe the breakout is normal and happen to most people in their 3rd week of regimen, but my flakes are horrible, skin peeling and even with lotion wont help. should i stop the regimen completely for a few days and try to rub off the peel skin with my finger while in the shower, or reduce dans bp to only one application at night. please help.

my regimen

CSR cleasner

CSR Dans' Bp<br>

Vaseline Aloe Lotion.

You could try using a different moisturizer, like cetaphil. Also, I read that Jojoba oil is awesome of taking care of flakes. You can get it on the internet, and maybe at some local stores( GNC or organic stores)

yeah dont use vaseline lotions on your face cuz there oil based, i use that lotion for my body but a diffrent moisturizer for my face.

It sounds to me like maybe you're using too much bp too soon?? It took me 2 months to get up to the full dose. I had to ramp it up more slowly than most people because every time I'd try to increase, I'd get really red and flaky. If I were you I'd decrease the amount of bp and increase the amount of moisturizer. Someone's already mentioned it, but Cetaphil is the most hydrating imo although it does have a tendence to leave your facy kind of oily looking as the day goes on.

It sounds to me like you are using too much BP too. How many fingers worth are you using. You may want to back off a day or two, and let your skin recover.

iam using like 3 finger on the 3rd week alrdy, i agree with too much bp , and yes the lotion iam using is oil-based. thx for ur advices, i will buy a better oil-free lotion, and also i will reduce to 1-1/2 finger . does that sound right?

What do you mean you are using 3 fingers worth?

The most you should be using is one finger length per application.

You've watched the videos right? I hope you aren't really using 3 fingers worth...that's way too much

It sounds to me like you are using too much BP too. How many fingers worth are you using. You may want to back off a day or two, and let your skin recover.

iam using like 3 finger on the 3rd week alrdy, i agree with too much bp , and yes the lotion iam using is oil-based. thx for ur advices, i will buy a better oil-free lotion, and also i will reduce to 1-1/2 finger . does that sound right?

Everybody's skin is different. You should use as much as your skin can tolerate without flaking and turning too red. I'd try the 1 1/2 finger and see how that feels and go from there.

after 3 week on the regimen , i have super flakery skin and about a minor breakout. I believe the breakout is normal and happen to most people in their 3rd week of regimen, but my flakes are horrible, skin peeling and even with lotion wont help. should i stop the regimen completely for a few days and try to rub off the peel skin with my finger while in the shower, or reduce dans bp to only one application at night. please help.

my regimen

CSR cleasner

CSR Dans' Bp<br>

Vaseline Aloe Lotion.

You probably need to get a better moisturizer. Consider trying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, or Lac-Hydrin Five. It has lactic acid in it and will help exfoliate off the flakes. Also read here:

http://acne.org/aha.html

Yes, I agree. Be sure you aren't using too much BP too soon. The full amount of Dan's Gel is one full fat finger length for the entire face. Use as much moisturizer as you need for your skin to feel hydrated and look "normal". Some people need more moisturizer while others need less, it just depends on your skin.

I use the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moist. and i love it! I used to use Olay and it made me break out i think. the past 3 days i have been experimenting with jojoba oil. i dont know about it yet. it makes my face really greasy looking soo im trying to see what i like with it. but i love my aveeno calming moist. its a lil expensive but i will pay the price.

my regimen

CSR cleasner

CSR Dans' Bp<br>

Vaseline Aloe Lotion.

You probably need to get a better moisturizer. Consider trying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, or Lac-Hydrin Five. It has lactic acid in it and will help exfoliate off the flakes. Also read here:

http://acne.org/aha.html

Yes, I agree. Be sure you aren't using too much BP too soon. The full amount of Dan's Gel is one full fat finger length for the entire face. Use as much moisturizer as you need for your skin to feel hydrated and look "normal". Some people need more moisturizer while others need less, it just depends on your skin.

okay it , i got it, i am usin the suggested Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, and backed off 3 days of the CSR completely, iam gonna start it again with 1/3 of a finger wroth and dose up gradually. i will keep you guys posted to see any improvement.

Everyone is different when it comes down to toleration of products such as BP. Seems to me like your face in particular is pretty sensitive to BP so i would suggest 1st- Cleanse very gently 2nd-keep lowering the dose of the BP until your skin feels to get less and less flaky 3rd-get a better mositurizer and apply liberally. hope that helps =] good luck bro

you were using 3 fingers worth of BP? There really isnt need for that much, thats just going overboard and wasting valuable BP. Id say the maximum you should be using for your entire face is 1 finger. i guess you could try 1-1/2 finger, but thats still a LOT of BP. I only ever used about 1/2 and 3/4 and it worked great for me.