Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well, last night i went to the school's cafeteria to claim my meal credit (im in college right now).

the girl at the counter was gonna swipe my card at the register and she stopped and looked at my card then at me.

she was like 'this is not you'. and i said "its me when i was 17".

she showed my id to her friend who was working at the counter beside her and said 'look how cute' over and over.

and then she swiped my id and i said 'thank you'.

damn, i wish i was 17 again with no acne. i broke up real bad right before college and to this day (im a junior now) i havent got a girlfriend.

why have this happened to me? college supposed to be the place to get with girls. im missing out on this. sad.gif

any similar stories?

same with me, havent had a girl so far, think looks are the thing that is responsible for it mostly

I totally hear ya. I'm a junior in college too. The difference is that I've had acne since I was like 12...I've been dealing with it for almost 10 years now. I don't know what it is, but I think the way one feels about their acne or scars gives other people a bad impression of you-not your face, but your personality. Then they won't even bother getting to know you and stuff. I wonder if I ever will get a girlfriend. I feel like I have to have clear skin, look good, dress nice, drive a nice car, be able to buy her gifts, and all that to have one. I mean, who would want to kiss my cheek, given the way I look. Even my Mom avoided my face when I come home from school. sad.gif

yeah i had acne since i was grade 6 so its about 11 or so

don't worry u 'll get a gf, i'm not worried about getting one

because when they r 25-26 they'll become desparate and want to marry

then u can pick one

i remember back in my pre-pubescent days, my family, my parents friends, and even complete strangers would always say that i was such a cute little girl. once i hit 12 the converstation went something like this...

mom: this is my daughter maria

friend: oh...hi *gawks at my face in disgust* so anyway...

i am convinced that acne has ruined my ability to function in social interaction, i just assume that people will stare at my face and not pay attention to me as a person.

i have never had a bf...maybe i should just become a nun...God loves me even with my acne

God gave it to you.

Oh well, you guys just need some drugs to help ya. If medicine doesn't work, then you can flip out on acid and forget your worries that way biggrin.gif/ .

Guest Crooked I

then u can pick one

then u can pick one

I wish i was as certain as you lol

I've been dealing with acne for a long time aswell and usually if someone says something about my skin i make a joke out of it. It usually really lightens the mood and girls tend to relax more when they don't have to worry about offending you. In my experience it works. biggrin.gif/

snowpea... or you might go crazy on acid and have it completely destroy your sense of self and any confidence you once had.

Yeah.. within the first 2 weeks of college this year(i'm a freshman) i started breakingout. I had clear skin for the first time in my life all summer, and the scars/red marks we're just hardly noticable. Then i get to college where i was supposed to have clear skin, be attractive to girls, and have fun. all i ended up with was more acne than i've had since i was a junior in highschool, and my tv and computer in my room. to make things worse my roomate is an arrogant ass whos pledging a frat. its really hard to make friends when you dont have any foundation to build on really(i only know a few people in my building and i get the feeling they dont even want me around...) who knows, maybe i'm just imagining it... maybe the pot has something to do with it too. I've been smoking since i was a freshman in highschool. I used to really enjoy it, it was just fun to get high. But by the time i was a junior, after having tripped on acid and having a terrible trip(i took 2x the dose i should have) weed tends to make me paranoid and tense. Going into college this year i had in the back of my mind that i was going to quit smoking, but i havent because the peer pressure is too much. not like people are telling me to smoke, although that has happend a few times when i turned it down. but just that its one of the only good reasons i can think of to hang out and meet new people. blah now i'm just ranting about my f'ed up life. i'm trying to quit as of right now... but we'll see what happens since i kind of owe this kid cause he got me high once.

yo guys its true!

i see girls that graduate from university, they don't want just a bf

they wanna get married to someone with a career and a stable life

so there u should work on that instead

trust me

once u graduate and u get a job theres plenty of time to get a gf or a wife

they r everywhere!

they are like salmon trying to spawn.. haha

---

i see girls that graduate from university, they don't want just a bf

they wanna get married to someone with a career and a stable life

so there u should work on that instead

---

True Blue. =D>

Don't just bypass your youthful courting days in the hope you'll get married in the future. These are the best times for having fun!

tabasco i feel you man, got to college and broke the F*** out when i had had pretty good skin all summer. I have found however that if your around a girl you like, particularly if your alone with her, and you act confident and just make like you don't care about your acne she should be into you. I've had pretty bad acne for 3 years now yet in the past year i've had a chick reject some other acne free guy to go to prom with me, I had a girl that had a boyfriend want to do me, and... I had a chick with two boyfriends, long story, invite into bed with her a few days after i became pretty good friends with her(I had known her from home. this all happened when i got to college). So guys, stay positive, especially around the ladies, cuz if you dont make it a big deal they wont.

Damn, that's where I went wrong. I screwed up alot during high school and even afterwards. Now, I am barely starting to take things more seriously. My advice to all is, have fun while you're young but do take school and your future seriously cuz it does effect your life later on. I feel like I screwed around a bit too long, and I've wasted precious time.

However, it's what you do now on, and not what you did before. Don't dwell in the past cuz you cant change the past, only learn from it.

Peace out

smile.gif