Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PistolP09

After 4 Weeks, considering quitting

So I've been on the regimen for more than four weeks now....and I started seeing results after week two, but lately I've been getting a quite a bit of large breakouts in a few different places on my face, and it's just really embarrassing. I get stared at wherever I go, and i don't know of any other reason why random people would look at me on the streets...so this is really putting me down. It might actually be the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion that I've been using that's what's been causing the extra breakouts, because it seems to be very oily on my skin, even though I only use a very little amount.

I've also tried Proactiv and Exposed Skin Care in the past and both of those worked much better and faster than the CSR. The only problem with those was that the cleansers were getting on my clothes and bleaching them so that's why I stopped, but now I'm strongly considering going back to either one of those and maybe I'll just use the cleanser in the shower in the morning and something else at night.

Also, it seems kinda strange that irritation has an enormous effet on acne, since many people use face masks and those can really irritate your skin when they're dry and hard, but they seem to do wonders for people's skin.

I know I should wait at least another 4 weeks before I give up, but I don't know how much more I can take. I can't remember the last time my face was this bad...

My face looked awful until week 9. My acne seemed worse than before I started CSR and then at week 9 all of a sudden the breakouts just stopped, almost literally overnight. Try to hang in there, you'll be glad you did!

I'm not going to lie to you.. From my experience so far, it isn't worth staying on the regimen. I've been on it for 5 months now and I've still got a fair bit of active acne and none of my redmarks have faded yet. There has only been a slight improvement in my skin from before I started the regimen. I'm still sticking with it hoping that eventually it will be worth it. I guess the regimen works for some better than others.

I'm not going to lie to you.. From my experience so far, it isn't worth staying on the regimen. I've been on it for 5 months now and I've still got a fair bit of active acne and none of my redmarks have faded yet. There has only been a slight improvement in my skin from before I started the regimen. I'm still sticking with it hoping that eventually it will be worth it. I guess the regimen works for some better than others.

Hi, i've also too considered quitting, I have mild acne I've been on the regimen for 6 weeks and followed it regiously, at first acne got worse, and now I have red marks all over my face, and I am continuing to get acne. Its amazing how it can work for people with moderate acne who have it all over there face, but not for the 3-4 pimples I get a month. You can paint your face with benzoyl peroxide and you still get acne, it just goes to show you how ineffective this treatment is.

I also did it to clear myself of mild and persistent acne. Granted, I only gave it 5 weeks before giving up, but I broke out in places where I didn't know I had places! The people who have success with it say you really have to hang in there for the long haul before seeing results. One of the CSR veterans might be able to recommend some products that will work better for you.

I know what you mean about getting stared at. I was in Vegas when mine was at it's worst and people were looking at me like I just escaped from the circus.

So I've been on the regimen for more than four weeks now....and I started seeing results after week two, but lately I've been getting a quite a bit of large breakouts in a few different places on my face, and it's just really embarrassing. I get stared at wherever I go, and i don't know of any other reason why random people would look at me on the streets...so this is really putting me down. It might actually be the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion that I've been using that's what's been causing the extra breakouts, because it seems to be very oily on my skin, even though I only use a very little amount.

I've also tried Proactiv and Exposed Skin Care in the past and both of those worked much better and faster than the CSR. The only problem with those was that the cleansers were getting on my clothes and bleaching them so that's why I stopped, but now I'm strongly considering going back to either one of those and maybe I'll just use the cleanser in the shower in the morning and something else at night.

Also, it seems kinda strange that irritation has an enormous effet on acne, since many people use face masks and those can really irritate your skin when they're dry and hard, but they seem to do wonders for people's skin.

I know I should wait at least another 4 weeks before I give up, but I don't know how much more I can take. I can't remember the last time my face was this bad...

Hi,

I know you are frustrated right now, but let's review what you are using and see if we can make some changes that might help.

Please list what products you are using, and exactly HOW you are using them?

I know you said you are using Cetaphil Lotion, but please list your cleanser and your BP product too.

mx123, you might consider getting on the CSR precisely. The 5% BP (instead of the 2.5% in the CSR) might be contributing to your results. I know that, on my skin, 5% contributes to acne and 2.5% clears it. Actually, 5% makes my skin blister and itch, yikes! You might also try one of the recommended gentle cleansers.

My results came suddenly, around the 8-week mark, and they've steadily become better and better. Right now, I get a new spot or two every couple of weeks. Before, I might get a couple every day.

Cam >B)

When I coach people through the regimen we sometimes have this conversation. They become frustrated that it is not working but when I can actually be there with them and see what they're doing it becomes apparent that they are not on the regimen. Once we get them strictly on the regimen they tend to clear up nicely. The usual suspects are listed on http://www.biggestmistakes.html Following the regimen precisely means only 2.5% bp, being ultra gentle, using lots of bp, and staying patient for results for at least 3 months of strict adherence.

I had lots of moments were I thought it just wasn't working for me, and that I should just give up. But after learning so much here, the regimine was the only thing that really made sense to me, I didn't even know what I would do if I stopped it. I know the feeling though.. you just want it gone NOW!!! I read many times to stick it ouf for the 3 months, and I have to say, I'm really glad I did.

My 3 month mark was at the beggining of this month, and things are looking much much better.

I know it's hard to stay patient, but just keep on keepin on if you can. If you still feel the same way after 3 months, then at least you know you really gave it a fighting chance to work for you.

Anyway, good luck whatever you choose to do!! I hope it works out for you!!!

Hi,

I know you are frustrated right now, but let's review what you are using and see if we can make some changes that might help.

Please list what products you are using, and exactly HOW you are using them?

I know you said you are using Cetaphil Lotion, but please list your cleanser and your BP product too.

I use Dave's cleanser in the shower in the morning. Then I'll apply the full amount of BP after my face is dry and that usually takes like one to two minutes to absorb in. Then after I let that dry I apply a DOT (literally) of cetaphil moisturizing lotion on my face. At night I just wash my face with Dave's cleanser and then apply the BP, no moisturizing at night.

i looked like pure shit for somethin like 6-8 weeks (i did not keep track). i had my prescription with the derm, went in and was able to convince them to prescribe me accutane. over the course of the next week while i had my blood tests done my face cleared up ALOT. i only got a few new pimples over the course of a week compared to a few new ones every day. i then proceeded to have a mini break out before my next derm appointment....

i went in, got my prescription. Yet, over the course of that following week i did not get 1 new pimple. my skin has healed amazingly, and i have trashed the accutane prescription.

my point is simply that it really seems to purge you non-stop until you just flat out hit a wall and all of a sudden before you know it your face is clearing up at lightspeed. im still in shock i just stare at myself in the mirror trying to figure out how this just happened. my red marks have been fading alot faster than when i was breaking out... i just couldnt be happier

You really should try to stick with it. I honestly thought of giving up about five weeks in because my face was breaking out and felt so uncomfortable. But, seriously, now that I'm two and a half months in, my face just suddenly cleared up! It's so nice to not be as self-conscience. I would say to stick with it a bit more. I switched to Lac-hydrin V and that seemed to do wonders for my skin. Good luck!

CSR pretty much clears up all active acne. It is however, very very bad for redmarks, thats why I quit.