Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Accutane dosage How low can you go and for how short of time?

everybody is different. also he said he continued treatments after stopping, only he used another method of acne treatments.. he used anti-biotics, which are more effective when taken with accutane or immediately after accutane. so he started the oral medicine right after finishing accutane when it was still in his system..

A low dose course should be longer. For a high dose course you may be able to go shorter. There are no definite numbers, your derm will determine your dose and length of course based on many factors that are individual to you.

ive been on 10mg the whole course (im on my 6th month, 3rd week now). my derm initially told me the length of time would depend on the patient's speed of recovery and strength of the liver (and triglyceride level?). she was gonna make me stop takin after my fourth month but when i went for a checkup 2 wks after being off, she said she found a few tiny bumps so she said it'd be best to complete the standard 6-month course.