Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. I am wondering if shaving with a straight razor will make any difference in acne, as i had heard from one person that it made them break out in a bunch of tiny whiteheads... but he mighta just been full of it. I am not certain as i am thinking of switching to a straight razor and my acne is not very interested in going away and i do not want to provoke it (yes it is an evil creature!)

Sometimes I wonder if it's the razor itself that causes irritation or the shaving cream and razor together. Or even just the shaving cream alone could cause some irritation to a degree I would think. What did you use before? Electric shaver?

well i used (still do i am thinking on the transition still) a mach 3 razor and it works fine... its just not that close ya know?

EDIT: btw i mean a straight razor(to switch to) as in before safety razors such as gilette.

I know what you mean. Well I'm a girl so I don't shave my face but it sucks to shave your legs (takes sooo long) to still find you have stubble! ugh it's just gross. Anyways my boyfriend uses an electric shaver because using a regular razor irritates his skin and makes him break out and he barely has acne to begin with! If I were you I would experiment with different shavers/razors and see what works best for you. Once you find that out you can try experimenting with shaving creams/gels and see what works best. Sometimes they don't work in unison though...overall shaving is just a pain in the butt! :dance:

true... i was just wondering what difference in acne a straight razor would make over a safety razor, i know my shaving cream does not cause any problems and i burn the ... poo ... out of my face afterwards with alcohol :D before the shaving is benzoyl peroxide too so... basically anything on my face that is a bacterium and is alive is pretty bloody resistant to death! but it should probably not make much difference eh?

true... i was just wondering what difference in acne a straight razor would make over a safety razor, i know my shaving cream does not cause any problems and i burn the ... poo ... out of my face afterwards with alcohol :D before the shaving is benzoyl peroxide too so... basically anything on my face that is a bacterium and is alive is pretty bloody resistant to death! but it should probably not make much difference eh?

hmm...did you ever think that the shaving along with benzoyl peroxide on at the same time could cause irritation. I know everyones different but it could be causing more irritation than it should because you're using shaving cream and shaving over an already irritated area. I don't think theres any bacteria on your skin that would cause the breakouts. I would think more so the benzoyl peroxide. If I were you I would skip putting it on the part of your face that's shaved. OR wash it off really good before shaving. Even doing some of the hot water dip would maybe help it'll open your pores and soften the hairs so they're not so resistant to being shaved.

actually allow me to clarify, i have a shower in which i put the benzoyl peroxide on my face where i wash it off and then after getting out of the shower i put shaving cream and shave. and the hot water i do not need to worry bout as i go straight to shaving after the shower (well maybe dry off a little bit)

actually allow me to clarify, i have a shower in which i put the benzoyl peroxide on my face where i wash it off and then after getting out of the shower i put shaving cream and shave. and the hot water i do not need to worry bout as i go straight to shaving after the shower (well maybe dry off a little bit)

hmm..that's a new one. I've never heard of someone rinsing it off within minutes of putting it on! Do you notice any changes in your skin while using it that way?

um... well i guess it feels kind of not dry but... clean ish? although it is truly dry and i moisturize (aftershave woot!) um... before the benzoyl peroxide my face would be really dry as i was on stevamycin (spelled wrong?) which was super drying and did not work very well after a while (got it down to a more controlled acne but after that it sort of just kept it in check there)