Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amon Amarth

I Need Advice! Tattoo And Bacne! :S

K, with the appointment 2 days away... 1 day, actually (it's 12:30am here), I wanna know if I should go ahead with the tattoo or not, with the problem I have.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Is it sever enough that I shouldn't get a tattoo on my right shoulder blade (last pic), or is my left blade a better option? Is "no place right now" an even better option?

I've put this off once before and i don't wanna do it again. What should I do? Should I go ahead and just get the tattoo on my arm, although I'd prefer it on one of my shoulder blades?

Thanks in advance,

Mat.

(And no, I'm 18, which in Canada is age of majority [adult].)

Well you should probably leave that up to the tattoo artist. I think it would hurt much worse if you were to get a tattoo over any irritated/opened areas. Also it'd be easier to lead to infection and could make the tattoo end up healing pretty badly. Sometimes when that happens the color does not stay in the skin but will come up with the peeling/scabbing. Is there anywhere else that you could possibly get the tattoo? Maybe your arm or calf? Or is your heart set on the back? I would consider talking to the tattoo artist and let them tell you what's best. They've probably worked with people in the same situation before and would know what to do. Also, if I may ask what are you getting a tattoo of?

Here's a picture of it:

IPB Image

It'll be about 4 inches in height and 3 inches in width. I would LIKE to get it on my back, but I could get it on my arm.. High enough for a tshirt to cover. Church dresscode when you play, they don't really like tattoos.

That's a pretty awesome tattoo! It looks abstract, I love it! I think that type of tattoo would look good on your upper arm right beneath the shoulder, pretty much as high as you can get it without it being on top of your shoulder. If you were to put it on your back it'd probably look good at the top in the middle or even at the base of your neck.

Only thing I don't like about neck or mid back tattooing is if they mess up, I can be paralyzed. (if they touch the spine the wrong way with the needle.)...

The arm is probable, although it would be amazing to have it on the shoulder blade, because I wanna get another one next year of a tribal phoenix that's facing the warrior spirit (above) (god bless my photoshop) on the opposing shoulder blade.

Gah...

Only thing I don't like about neck or mid back tattooing is if they mess up, I can be paralyzed. (if they touch the spine the wrong way with the needle.)...

The arm is probable, although it would be amazing to have it on the shoulder blade, because I wanna get another one next year of a tribal phoenix that's facing the warrior spirit (above) (god bless my photoshop) on the opposing shoulder blade.

Gah...

Understandable. It's good you know what you want though. Especially when it comes to tattoos it's really good not be fickle about it. Anyways maybe you should call the shop you're getting it done in before the appointment (so today) and tell them your situation. They can probably give you advice, maybe ask you to come in and take a look at it. Or maybe they can tell you something you can do to prep your skin beforehand. It won't hurt just to call and make sure instead of getting there and not being able to get it done.

True... What I might do is just get it on my arm with the word "Warrior" under it.

:S

Maybe.

Thanks for the help though. Hopefully more people post. I'll be checking later on today to see if there's more replies to this.

And yes, I will post pics after I get it done. :)

no the ink wont seep right where u have sebum under the skin if u show up they'll still do it for u cause they want $ just put a deposite down and wait it out im sure more ppl with tatts will come in here and back me up on this

wait it out

I think that if you are getting a tattoo, you should get it exactly where you want it and how you want it.

This will be on your body forever, please put it on your back if that's where you want it and deal with the acne later.

Even better idea, WAIT. Treat the bacne and then get the tattoo.

It's very nice by the way!

I have a tat, but id definatley say avoid the acne areas, the first week or so after having them is quite painful (feels like a severe burn) and i hear if they get infected they can be ultra nasty.

I have a tattoo on my back and also suffer from bacne. I had the tattoo done during a time when I was clear (tanning beds clear up my body acne so I usually visit them frequently in summer... the rest of the year I give my skin a rest and am usually quite broken out). I have actually broken out in big pustules that have come to a head and popped on top of my tattoo. It might just be me, but some of the finer work looks like it is a little distorted in some areas now, maybe from break outs or scarring ontop of the tattoo. If I were you, from my experience, I would get it elsewhere. It is my belief that if you have bacne, you are never really clear of it, as I have only been able to tame it for brief periods of time (I'm 29, had it since I was 14). Even if you get it on your back when you are clear, the acne could very well come back, and lead to distortion of the tattoo.

I got it on my arm. Quite sexy looking. :)

Here's the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for all the input. I'm getting another tattoo in a few months. And no, it didn't hurt at all. I over anticipated the pain. It kinda tickled at parts actually.

:)

mmm sexy. it fits perfectly there.

just for future reference, i wouldn't tattoo anywhere that's prone to acne, as you can NEVER use BP or AHA on tattooed skin.