Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kitty_Collins

Makeup remover

I use w/e cleanser I have.

altho ive found clinique acne solutions foaming cleanser works great as a m/u remover. It was a gift, i ran out.. will settle for my soap

I use baby oil. It works great at removing mascara/eyeliner/eyeshadow. It moisturizes the skin around your eyes and eye lashes as well and doesn't sting your eyes like some eye makeup removers do. Have you ever tried it?

I use baby oil. It works great at removing mascara/eyeliner/eyeshadow. It moisturizes the skin around your eyes and eye lashes as well and doesn't sting your eyes like some eye makeup removers do. Have you ever tried it?

I can't use oil of any kind.

Are you talking about an eye make up remover or jsut a make up remover?? To remove my makeup i just use my face wash. for my eye makeup i use Nivea Eye Make Up remover. Its kinda creamy (it looks like a lotion) so you actually have to rub it on and massage everything off vs. like putting more of a liquid type on a cotton ball and wiping away. It works well though.

ive also used the one from BeneFit and it made my eyes sting so i returned it. Lancome has a good one its just a bit expensive....but i did like how it worked.

Also Philosophy 'purity made simple' is some of the best face wash that also removed eye make up that ive ever used. it moisturizes your whole face and cleans it at the same time. good stuff

I need a good one. Suggestions?

And Mandi, I love you but don't say vaseline. It's not gonna happen.

:angel:

I really like Ponds makeup wipes :D

Are you talking about an eye make up remover or jsut a make up remover?? To remove my makeup i just use my face wash. for my eye makeup i use Nivea Eye Make Up remover. Its kinda creamy (it looks like a lotion) so you actually have to rub it on and massage everything off vs. like putting more of a liquid type on a cotton ball and wiping away. It works well though.

ive also used the one from BeneFit and it made my eyes sting so i returned it. Lancome has a good one its just a bit expensive....but i did like how it worked.

Also Philosophy 'purity made simple' is some of the best face wash that also removed eye make up that ive ever used. it moisturizes your whole face and cleans it at the same time. good stuff

I actually only need an eye makeup remover. But if I can find a good all over makeup remover, I could switch to a more gentle cleanser, which would be ideal. What are the ingredients for the Nivea remover?

I was actually just looking at the benefit makeup remover! I can't find the ingredient list, so I'm wary.

Purity Made Simple can't get off all my eye makeup (I wear liquid liner, mascara, false lashes, etc).

this from dermstrore site: Nivea Eye make up remover

Description: This unique gel formula removes stubborn makeup quickly without a trace of greasy residue. Formulated to remove even long-lasting makeup and waterproof mascara. Gently cares for delicate skin with Pro-vitamin B5. Leaves skin feeling clean, fresh and soft. Fragrance free. Perfect for contact lens wearers.

Ingredients: Triple purified water, PEG-8, glycerin, po;oxamer 124, isohexadecane, mineral oil, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, steareth-20, ceteth-20, trisodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, cetrimonium chloride

alright i know you said you can't use oil, but really if you can tollerate jojoba oil, it is the perfect hard-core eye makeup remover.

also you could use cetaphil, it works very well.

this from dermstrore site: Nivea Eye make up remover

Description: This unique gel formula removes stubborn makeup quickly without a trace of greasy residue. Formulated to remove even long-lasting makeup and waterproof mascara. Gently cares for delicate skin with Pro-vitamin B5. Leaves skin feeling clean, fresh and soft. Fragrance free. Perfect for contact lens wearers.

Ingredients: Triple purified water, PEG-8, glycerin, po;oxamer 124, isohexadecane, mineral oil, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, steareth-20, ceteth-20, trisodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, cetrimonium chloride

sodium hydroxide = relaxer

have you tried Clinique's Take the Day Off makeup-removing balm? it's the one in the large-ish flat tub. it's an unusual formulation: it starts out as a solid (almost like the consistency of butter?) and then turns to an oily substance as it warms with your skin. now before your eyes interrupt my post with an "oil?! no oil!" :P i feel the exact same way about oils on my face. EVERYTHING with oil breaks me out, even jojoba, which everybody and their their mother loves and raves about. but i'm pretty sure this stuff doesn't cause zits (are we ever 100% sure what did?). and it rinses clean. feels good. the thing i liked most about this when i bought it, was that unlike most products out there, 1) it was designed for both face makeup AND eye makeup (i rarely wear eye stuff, but just in case), and 2) it doesn't require pulling/tugging at the eyes or face with paper products, which i despise. just gentle finger massage.

i use this and then Purpose liquid afterward. i think i read somewhere that you wanted to go back to Neutrogena Gentle cleanser? i have that stuff too... i personally can't really use either that or Cetaphil (both too mild for my taste), but i think it would do the trick if you used the Clinique balm first.

ooh, and it's $26 or $28, i can't remember. pricy, but i know you love those pricy BeneFit items... *giggles*

have you tried Clinique's Take the Day Off makeup-removing balm? it's the one in the large-ish flat tub. it's an unusual formulation: it starts out as a solid (almost like the consistency of butter?) and then turns to an oily substance as it warms with your skin. now before your eyes interrupt my post with an "oil?! no oil!" :P i feel the exact same way about oils on my face. EVERYTHING with oil breaks me out, even jojoba, which everybody and their their mother loves and raves about. but i'm pretty sure this stuff doesn't cause zits (are we ever 100% sure what did?). and it rinses clean. feels good. the thing i liked most about this when i bought it, was that unlike most products out there, 1) it was designed for both face makeup AND eye makeup (i rarely wear eye stuff, but just in case), and 2) it doesn't require pulling/tugging at the eyes or face with paper products, which i despise. just gentle finger massage.

i use this and then Purpose liquid afterward. i think i read somewhere that you wanted to go back to Neutrogena Gentle cleanser? i have that stuff too... i personally can't really use either that or Cetaphil (both too mild for my taste), but i think it would do the trick if you used the Clinique balm first.

ooh, and it's $26 or $28, i can't remember. pricy, but i know you love those pricy BeneFit items... *giggles*

No, I understand that just because a product has an oily consistancy that doesn't mean it has oil. That's why I need to know what the ingredients are. My skin is the clearest I've seen it in a long time. It's making me extremely paranoid. (I need to post about that in emo). So anyways, yeah, I wanted to return to a less harsh cleanser. Snow Queen recommended Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish, so I'm gonna give that a shot. So you love love love this clinique balm, eh? I'll give it a little test run some time this weekend.