Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueeyedangel084

Can someone answer a question for me..?

I remember seeing a link to a website that contained a list of things that could cause acne..(clog pores). Does anyone remember that site? Also..I have been using queen helene mint julep facial scrub, it's ingredients are: Water, Walnut Shell Powder, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Kaolin.....etc....do any of those ingredients look harmful? I've been using this in combination with purpose gentle cleansing bar...I like purpose, but it just doesnt clean off the makeup for me as well as I would like it too..so I always have to clean again with the scrub. Any other suggestions as to what I could use? Thanks so much!

I remember seeing a link to a website that contained a list of things that could cause acne..(clog pores).  Does anyone remember that site?  Also..I have been using queen helene mint julep facial scrub, it's ingredients are:  Water, Walnut Shell Powder, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Kaolin.....etc....do any of those ingredients look harmful?  I've been using this in combination with purpose gentle cleansing bar...I like purpose, but it just doesnt clean off the makeup for me as well as I would like it too..so I always have to clean again with the scrub.  Any other suggestions as to what I could use?  Thanks so much!

I looked at the site that startzt posted (that's the list i use when i go shopping), and sodium lauryl sulfate is very comedogenic. Ironic, since it's in Cetaphil, a supposedly good cleanser for acne prone skin. NOT. Since i started using a cleanser with no sodium lauryl sulfate, and my shampoo is also SLS-free, my acne has been greatly reduced. The Walnut Shell Powder could be too irritating--the pieces of shell could be jagged and scratch the skin. For a gentle scrub, mix a bit of baking soda with a good cleanser.

Glyceryl Stearate is mildly comedogenic. I'd also steer clear of bar cleansers in general, just because they are often very harsh due to their formulation.

The cleanser i use is Jason Natural Super C Gentle Cleanser. It's orange and cleans super well with just a little bit. Go to http://www.jason-natural.com and look at their list of Super C products. I get mine at the health food store.

I tried looking for that Jason Natural Super C Gentle Cleanser at Rite Aid since www.drugstore.com is basically Rite Aid, but they don't seem to stock it in-stores.

How long does that stuff usually take to ship out?

CRJ,

You're more likely to find Jason Natural products at a health food store. Do you have a Whole Foods or Fresh Fields near you, or any type of health food store--they will either carry it or order it for you. I find mine at a health food store. As for the shipping at Drugstore.com, i have no idea how long it takes for them to ship, since i've never ordered from them. Sorry!

drugstore.com ships out pretty quick. you'll definately get you order w/in the week, probably 4-5 days or so.

You'll have the best bet with health food stores. Luckily, my local Wegmans (western new york grocery store chain) has a nice organic foods section, and stock most of those brands. You might try the largest grocery store in the most affluent suburb near you and see if they have it too.

i just ordered something from drugstore.com last week. i ordered on a wednesday night, and the thing got here the following monday. so it would have been three days, but UPS doesn't deliver on weekends.

only bad thing is they have horrible shipping costs. $5.25 i think it is, no matter what you get.